Name Changing Problem

in Problems & Bugs

Female
532 posts

okaysister • 17 January 2012 at 6:55 PM

When I tried to change my creature's name, I wasted one of my name changes but my creature's name did not change. The name was available, I scrolled to the right creature, I pressed the "Rename My Creature" button, everything was done right but the name did not change and I wasted a name change. ☹️ WHAT HAPPENED?!?!

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 17 January 2012 at 9:07 PM

@okaysister Yes if you go to the egg's profile, where it says in text at the top, the name should have changed. What happened is likely that the picture has not updated yet on your internet, it did go through 😊 Refreshing once or twice normally does update it though, this also happens when your creature hatches, you might not see it until you refresh.

1,764 posts

james-bond • 17 January 2012 at 9:09 PM

Or another possibility (I've dont this many times) is that you accidentally didn't click the creature that you wanted the name change for, and instead the top creature on the list's name was changed.

Female
532 posts

okaysister • 17 January 2012 at 9:10 PM

Oh I just saw that it went to another creature. ☹️ WHATS WRONG WITH THE NAME CHANGING THINGY?!?!?

Female
676 posts

phoenizis • 17 January 2012 at 11:00 PM

@okaysister

Clear your cache. Your cache saves old images, so it might just be using the old one.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 17 January 2012 at 11:02 PM

@okaysister
You may have entered an unavailable name, then the page would refresh and the box where you choose what egg to rename would go back to the top, and you forgot to click which egg again :/

Female
1,803 posts

boxofcrayons • 24 January 2012 at 1:07 PM

@phoenizis How do you clear your cache?

Female
676 posts

phoenizis • 24 January 2012 at 6:01 PM

@boxofcrayons

Well, it depends on which browser you use. I use
Google chrome, so I go to my options and search "cache", then click on "clear your cache". If you don't use Chrome, then I can't help you.

Female
1,803 posts

boxofcrayons • 24 January 2012 at 7:56 PM

@phoenizis Thanks! I'm not on chrome but that helped me figure it out.