Please.

in Chit-Chat

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 17 June 2011 at 7:16 AM

I've not watched the video, and I don't plan to. I can only assume what kind of images it will contain.

I've grown up surrounded by farm animals my whole life. We breed the animals because we love them, nothing more. We don't kill them and never plan on doing that. I'm completely against how animals are treated when all people want is food from them.

I don't believe that this is a losing battle. A few years ago, my mother heard about an organisation that helps save battery chickens and rehome them to people who will love and care for them. And since then, that's what we've been doing. It's not a losing battle, as long as people out there are willing to help change the way these animals are treated.

We give them a life now. They're free to roam around, and inside I know that we HELPED. Even though animal cruelty is a huge topic and will be around for many, many years... I know that we've helped the lives of chickens, who would otherwise have died without even having a life.

And, put it this way, I'd rather have a chicken as a pet than a dog or cat. I'm much more fond of the "other" animals that people tend to overlook. Hence why I'm actually willing to do something about this. 😊

Male
216 posts

someone123 • 17 June 2011 at 8:28 AM

☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️ I cant even stand watching the 1st part...........im totally speechless.............☹️😱☹️😱☹️😱☹️😱☹️😱☹️ all I can do is emote.........☹️😱☹️

Deleted • 17 June 2011 at 8:46 AM

I do eat meat, but i really greave about the poor animals! I mean they shouldnt kill them but they should wait untill they die of old age!?!??!?!??! Those people are dumb, idiots.

Male
216 posts

someone123 • 17 June 2011 at 8:49 AM

@bluegirl80: But waiting for it to die makes it unhealthy to eat I suggest a more "humane" way to kill rather than beating it across the floor we could use a lot of modern science to perform this more "innocently" if you know what i mean

Deleted • 17 June 2011 at 8:51 AM

@someone123 yeah but atleast they get more time to live, and it wont be a painful becuase they wont have been shot or sloughtered....

Male
216 posts

someone123 • 17 June 2011 at 8:52 AM

@bluegirl80: Yeah I feel so bad for the chickens because thats the only part I dared to watch at the video 😱

Deleted • 17 June 2011 at 8:55 AM

@someone123 I didnt watch any of it... to sad.

Male
216 posts

someone123 • 17 June 2011 at 8:56 AM

@bluegirl80: Yeah its rly sad ☹️

Female
3,089 posts

rawrcookies08 • 17 June 2011 at 9:16 AM

I am a vegetarian pretty much because of this; I do eat fish because they are not abused.

Male
15 posts

snapzombie • 21 June 2011 at 1:46 AM

My say in this matter is this:

There are more pressing matters at the moment. I'd rather deal with world hunger than help fight for the animals. Save ourselves, then we can save everything else.

That's my two cents.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 21 June 2011 at 3:10 PM

I'm a half-vegetarian. Hindu people worship the cow & other animals so, I can't eat beef & pork. (Can eat chicken, fish, sea food and turkey).

Can't believe they're abusing animals like that.

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 3:27 PM

Before I really read the comments, I thought I should throw out that Peta.. exaggerates a little.

My old teacher was selling her bull to McDonald's last year, and that bull was spoiled rotten. But - She lost their deal because Peta kept jumping in the way.

Now that I've read the comments I'd like to also throw in

Fish are also abused, just as much as other animals. Take a trip to Walmart and look at their fish [Never shop for fish there e.e]

I was a pescatarian [Sp?] for about 3 years. It's a vegetarian that eats fish [Reason I kept eating fish was it was my main source of protein. And I like me some fish XD]. Had to eat meat for health reasons.

I stopped eating meat - not for Peta, but because I knew animals were abused. Not all places do abuse their animals, as I said, but some do.

I'm actually thinking of, when I get better, starting to build my own farm to get my own meat. [We have enough land] And only eating what animals we grow