"Weighted Rarity" ???

in Help & Questions

Female
9 posts

heartspumpdust • 4 March 2012 at 12:18 AM

How does that work?

Is it the higher number or the lower number that is more rare?

What are examples of really rare egg things?

Just wondering... XD

Thanks!!

Deleted • 4 March 2012 at 12:19 AM

The lower the number the rarer.

Examples:
Macbot
Doovoo

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 4 March 2012 at 12:35 AM

@HeartsPumpDust

Weighted rarities goes by how many currently still live... if a ton die then the rarity goes up (The lower the number the higher), If all of that species die off it will hit 0 and that means not one player on Egg Cave owns that creature... Most people count rare as how popular and old they are... so just cause the number on two creatures is equal does not mean it in rarer it just means that about the same amount are alive right now....

Macbot and Doovoo are the most rare if you go by Weighted rarities
They are both at 3!

Male
86 posts

the1up • 4 March 2012 at 2:13 AM

@furfur Actuallly, the new Crocat has a Weighted Rarity of 1 (or 2) and the lion creature has a vice versa rarity: 2 (or 1).

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 4 March 2012 at 2:20 AM

@The1up

By the time the month it out they will probably be at around 10-20 depending on their popularity Its cause they have only been out a few days and the population is low... 😋 The more that are bought the less rare they will be...

Macbots and Doovoos will still be rare than over 5 Clocats....

Male
86 posts

the1up • 4 March 2012 at 2:21 AM

@furfur Oh. Right. I didn't know, I'm new around here, and I'm trying to suck up all the information from the archive. XD

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 4 March 2012 at 2:24 AM

@The1up

Thats alright... Age has a lot to do with it too and how they were obtained... not to mention stage 😋

Female
9 posts

heartspumpdust • 4 March 2012 at 2:38 AM

Thanks everyone for replying! I understand now 😊 I was thinking the opposite lol

Is there some that you can't get anymore? Are the holiday ones only out around the holidays or is there a chance to get them any time?

Also -

Does anyone ever get an egg from the asteroid?? I never seem to have any luck with that 😸

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 4 March 2012 at 2:45 AM

@HeartsPumpDust

It is very rare that you get a creature from the Asteriod
Creatures that can be stolen there are Pareteorsite, Storticai, and Tenalp....
I've only gotten a Storticai from there and traded for the others I have

In the archives it will tell you if the creature was a holiday creature or not so if you interested in a certain creature just look there and if it does not help you can just ask, someone can tell you 😊 If no one will then ask me.. 😋

2 posts

wasteofpaint • 4 March 2012 at 2:55 AM

Thanks fufur 😊

I never even noticed they indicate if they are holiday creatures in the archive lol *blush*

Now I'm off to look up those creatures you mentioned! 😃

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 4 March 2012 at 2:57 AM

@WasteOfPaint

Your welcome 😊

2 posts

wasteofpaint • 4 March 2012 at 2:59 AM

*just noticed I posted from my other name*

lol just to clarify haha

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 4 March 2012 at 3:04 AM

@WasteOfPaint

lol, Well I don't think it shows the pictures of the asteroid creatures but if you'd like to see them all in their last stages I have all 3, There names are Direhorse, Fatal_Bullet, and Xanthos... I also have a first stage Pareteorsite named Terrorism... If you'd like to see other stages let me know and I will try to find creatures at that stage 😉

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 4 March 2012 at 3:06 AM

The thing is, the Doovoo & Macbot's rarity used to be at 4. Now it's 3. Since the rarity system was released, it hasn't seemed like any of either have died, so I'm guessing time may also play a role in this as well.

But no one seems to know the acutal equation to a creature's rarity & which/how much each factor plays a role in it 😋

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 4 March 2012 at 3:15 AM

@Icymuffin

True.. but more creatures have been created since then so maybe that affect it a well...

I just know the FAQ says "The weighted rarity of a species is based off all of the alive creatures in Ark. Generally, weighted rarities range from a number between 1 and 500, where a 0 weighted rarity means the species is extinct and 500 means a species is very common." Which means if must go mostly by population right?

Female
9 posts

heartspumpdust • 4 March 2012 at 3:39 AM

lol, I hope I'm about to do these tag things right:

@furfur
@icymuffin
@the1up
@chloekins

I fed everyone's creatures 😸 Really appreciate the replies!!!! This is probably one of the nicest forums I've been on for awhile :}

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 4 March 2012 at 3:55 PM

@HeartsPumpDust

Your welcome 😊