That's weird?

in Problems & Bugs

Female
1,339 posts

kalateevolk • 3 June 2012 at 7:07 AM

Yesterday I created a new topic called 'free feeds for coves large or small' and someone who's cove I've alresy fed @karamel earlier today posted on it. I realized I fed it earlier that afternoon half way through it when I saw my name and noticed that it was karamel's cove I was feeding. Does anyone know the cause of that?

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 3 June 2012 at 9:54 AM

@kalateevolk You spelt my name wrong xD

I don't understand... do you mean you were feeding my cove twice in one day? Or do you mean that you weren't able to feed my cove? :s

Female
1,339 posts

kalateevolk • 3 June 2012 at 11:28 AM

No. I fed it earlier! And I relized I was feeding it again. Every creature!

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 3 June 2012 at 1:15 PM

@kalateevolk Was it on the exact same day?

Female
1,339 posts

kalateevolk • 5 June 2012 at 6:37 AM

@karamel
Yes litteraltly! LIke 3 hours later.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 5 June 2012 at 6:42 AM

@kalateevolk Hm... if you fed before 3:20AM (ECT), then fed it after, it's still possible. Do you know what time you fed my cove in ECT?

Female
1,339 posts

kalateevolk • 5 June 2012 at 6:47 AM

XD I'm Eastern so thatwas really strange. Around noon and then around four in the afternoon...

Well I was at a differnt computer at one point, however that was not to feed your cove. Do you think it may have reset the settings of what I may have done?

2,403 posts

evolutary • 5 June 2012 at 6:50 AM

@Kalateevolk Does your other computer use a different IP address? It may be the cause since Egg Cave's feeding system is based on IP addresses.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 5 June 2012 at 6:58 AM

@kalateevolk Well, convert your time to ECT now and then tell me what time you fed my cove (first and second time).

If you used a different IP address (different internet connection or broadband), then that could be the cause too.

Female
1,339 posts

kalateevolk • 5 June 2012 at 7:02 AM

ECT is Eastern XD and I'm not sure about the IP address :C. It probably did have a differnt connection. Ok thanks guys 😊

16 posts

clary • 5 June 2012 at 7:04 AM

@kalateevolk
I've only seen two causes for this:-
1 - Either the IP address of the internet being used has been renewed (i.e. the router for the internet has been turned off and on)
2 - Or, feeding has been done with a different internet source (ie a computer with a different IP address, so maybe at your friends house)

If it isn't any of these then I'm not sure how it was possible for you to do a double feed.
I hope this helps. 😊

Female
1,339 posts

kalateevolk • 5 June 2012 at 7:05 AM

Ok thanks 😊