Server closes without sending any data?

in Problems & Bugs

1,562 posts

shelby • 19 July 2011 at 9:15 PM

Lately, when I'm browsing eggcave, the window will change and a notice comes up saying something along the lines of

Server closed without sending any data.

At first I didn't read it and just reloaded the page, thinking it was just my browser, but then I noticed it said the server closed.

I don't know if this is an EggCave issue or my browser, since it was saying Server closed, but I thought I should bring it up.

Browser - Google Chrome - Latest version.
I've tried clearing cookies, cache system, etc to see if that was the issue but it didn't help.

---
I got a screenshot of what it all says.
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/wolfyprincess_me/eggcavedata.png

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 23 July 2011 at 1:33 PM

@shelby

Have you continued having this problem recently? We've made some server adjustments recently intended to solve this problem.

Occasionally this can be caused by a faulty internet connection or a bad router.

Let me know. 😊

1,562 posts

shelby • 23 July 2011 at 2:08 PM

It did happen last night, but I think it was from bad connection, so I think it's good now 😊
If it happens again I'll let you know, though.

Deleted • 23 July 2011 at 3:23 PM

I got this yesterday but just ignored it. after about 5 minutes it worked again.

1,562 posts

shelby • 23 July 2011 at 10:58 PM

Yeah, I just switched and started using FireFox instead of Chrome. It seems to be working better, and I haven't seen the screen as of yet. I just installed it about an hour ago, but it hasn't happened then 😊

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 28 July 2011 at 7:58 PM

@shelby @perisikan

Generally these types of issues are problems with your browser and/or Internet Service Provider. A number of different things can cause connectivity issues. Look into your Network configuration (home network) and try to improve that to get better connectivity everywhere.

Thanks! I hope that this helps. Topic closed.