~Horsca and Horses Club~

in General

Deleted • 17 September 2012 at 6:48 PM

@lucky_cricket look at my contest idea now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Female
1,175 posts

lucky_cricket • 17 September 2012 at 7:12 PM

@izzfred Sorry, I needed a food break 😱
I really love your contest idea! I think that we should put that one in motion right after the horse hoarding contest, and maybe more people will want to enter because it doesn't take up cove space.
How do you feel about it not being only about dressage, but about all things that have to do with horses and riding?

Also, @jennifer, how do you feel about it? Because you are staff, we need your opinion

I know a lot about horses, riding disciplines and horse care, so being able to judge it fairly wouldn't be a problem for me, I've been riding all my life.

One more thing: izzfred and jennifer, do you think it would be better for people to pm me their response, or for me to post 5-10 questions daily (on this topic) about horses and riding, and to keep track of who has the most correct answers.

As my cove and ec count and travels are getting better, at the end of it, we could have some pretty great prizes, but only after the current contest is done.

jennifer, thanks so much for posting the current contest standings!

Female
2,797 posts

jennifer • 17 September 2012 at 7:16 PM

@lucky_cricket
I'm sorry. I really don't know anything about dressage. I quited Hawrse a while ago. You can be the judge. I think it's a wonderful idea. @izzfred

Deleted • 17 September 2012 at 7:19 PM

@jennifer @lucky_cricket thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the history of eggcave my suggestions for topics or for the whole eggcave have never been accepted!!!!!!! I aggre with you @lucky_cricket .

Female
1,175 posts

lucky_cricket • 17 September 2012 at 7:28 PM

@izzfred @jennifer
A couple of things
1) Would it be about dressage, or horses in general and riding in all disciplines?
2) When is it going to start?
3) What are the prizes going to be?
4) Do people send me PMs or do I judge for everyone to see on this forum. Also, will people be answering specific questions or talking about it in general.

NOTE: I would prefer that it start after this contest, and I would prefer question and answer form, of which I ask new questions every day.

Female
2,797 posts

jennifer • 17 September 2012 at 7:31 PM

@lucky_cricket
*Takes a deep breath*
Both, A while after this contest ends, we'll decide, both, start the old PM thread, we will both judge, you will judge the main stuff, yes, it will start after the contest ends and read first answer, do whatever you want.

Female
1,175 posts

lucky_cricket • 17 September 2012 at 7:33 PM

@jennifer ok, we will both come up with prizes, I'll tell you all the answers to the questions and we will both keep score and get back to people on right or wrong answers, but AFTER the current contest.

Female
2,797 posts

jennifer • 17 September 2012 at 7:39 PM

@lucky_cricket
Yes, 'kay, do that, yeah.

Deleted • 17 September 2012 at 8:58 PM

@lucky_cricket it would be like general knowledge on horses and horse competition. It would start like next week so we'll have everyones replies on whether they want to join or not. They would PM you and i'll PM you my suggestion for the prizes when we know who wants to join and who doesn't ok? can you ping everybody in your next post and ask them if they want to join?

Female
1,460 posts

rainbowkitty • 17 September 2012 at 8:59 PM

@jennifer No... This and next week are big testing weeks 😋 maybe I'll get a few... but I'd rather participate in @izzfred 's Idea.

Female
1,175 posts

lucky_cricket • 17 September 2012 at 9:07 PM

@izzfred We'll start it when this one ends. @jennifer will give you the date, and then we'll take care of entries, and once we have a certain number of people, I'll come up with questions, give jennifer the answers, and we'll judge the entries. There will be 5-10 questions daily, and whoever answers the most correct wins. Lets worry about that AFTER this contest, though. Ok?

@rainbowkitty You don't have to keep them after the competition. You can trade or sell all of them.

Deleted • 17 September 2012 at 9:08 PM

@lucky_cricket I have an idea for prizes. EC Travels and creatures get lower and lower with value with each place but start with like 15k EC, Insert_Travel_Name_Here and Insert_Creature_Name_Here do you like this?

Female
1,460 posts

rainbowkitty • 17 September 2012 at 9:09 PM

@lucky_cricket okaaaayyyy fiiiinneeee. I better ask @chunky for my eggs back...

Female
1,175 posts

lucky_cricket • 17 September 2012 at 9:24 PM

@izzfred What do you mean by "get lower and lower with value with each place"

Deleted • 17 September 2012 at 9:27 PM

@lucky_cricket like say seven people joined. We give the first place winner 30k EC clouds travel and a Tasma egg and the person in seventh place would get 5k EC and a creature. Would you like to do this?

Female
2,797 posts

jennifer • 17 September 2012 at 10:26 PM

@lucky_cricket @izzfred @rainbowkitty
This contest ends on Oct. 13. @lucky_cricket and I need to decide the gifts. I know what to give.

Deleted • 18 September 2012 at 10:06 AM

@jennifer can i be staff?

Female
1,175 posts

lucky_cricket • 18 September 2012 at 11:25 AM

@jennifer What are the prizes?
@izzfred I had to write a short paragraph saying why I should be staff...

Deleted • 18 September 2012 at 11:26 AM

@lucky_cricket I'm on everyday I have good ideas for contests and prizes.

@jennifer can i be staff please? please?

Female
1,175 posts

lucky_cricket • 18 September 2012 at 11:29 AM

@izzfred About prizes, lets not worry about them yet, but @jennifer and I will take care of it depending on what we have.

Female
2,797 posts

jennifer • 18 September 2012 at 11:30 AM

@lucky_cricket Really, I forgot. I can't find my post with the prizes.
@izzfred Okay but you need to be accepted by ALL of the staff to be staff. @lucky_cricket and @jennifer

Deleted • 18 September 2012 at 11:30 AM

@lucky_cricket i could donate...... I could donate two of my kaihons as prizes. Would you accept me as staff?

@jennifer yay!

Female
2,797 posts

jennifer • 18 September 2012 at 11:35 AM

@izzfred @lucky_cricket
We need a new... core then. Like this contest is based on showing your love for horses. I adopted unwanted Horscas and Seys.
We need to think of a contest based on a Kaihon.

Deleted • 18 September 2012 at 11:38 AM

@jennifer *goes off to make a dog lovers club* Yeah i agree with you. Kaihons as prizes for a horse contest just wouldn't seem right.

Female
2,797 posts

jennifer • 18 September 2012 at 11:41 AM

@izzfred
WHAT!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! @lucky_cricket and I need to find the based off thing. Did anyone read this book about a pet raccoon named Rascal be friends with a racing horse. XD I forgot the name of the book but it's perfect.

Deleted • 18 September 2012 at 11:42 AM

@jennifer you confuse me.

Female
2,797 posts

jennifer • 18 September 2012 at 11:45 AM

@izzfred
'kay. We need to connect the Kaihons (racoons) with horses somehow. It's like a (I can't find the word)... I once read this book where a pet racoon named Rascal was friends with his owner's best friend's horse.
Oh, XD that reminds me, someone post so @lucky_cricket or I can post the leaderboard today.

Deleted • 18 September 2012 at 12:03 PM

@jennifer posty and ummmm....... Racoons tails are striped,a Zebra is a horse and it is is striped..... Do you see what i'm getting at?

Female
2,797 posts

jennifer • 18 September 2012 at 12:16 PM

@lucky_cricket @izzfred
Someone post the leader boards. I'll do it later XD

Deleted • 18 September 2012 at 12:17 PM

@jennifer do you see what i was getting at there?