OHHH EMMM GEEEEE. I just saw Harry Potter and teh Deathly Hallows part two... and I have a question. D:

in Entertainment

Female
544 posts

kagirl21 • 24 July 2011 at 4:43 PM

I'm not sure either because I kept laughing at that part. 😋 And I just saw it too btw. 😊

Deleted • 24 July 2011 at 4:43 PM

@avelaingia He touched the reserection stone and when he touched it it made him able to bring himself back to life. Does that clear it?

Deleted • 24 July 2011 at 4:52 PM

@avelaingia Not everyone can, the OWNER of the stone can. So Dumbledor was the owner! Then he gave the stone to Harry so he inhearited it. SO only he could use it.

Deleted • 24 July 2011 at 4:53 PM

.... You guys fail. Majorly.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 July 2011 at 4:53 PM

I remember in the book that he came back to life 'cuz when he was 'killed' the spell only killed the horcrux that was trapped inside of him.

At least, this is just based on memory & what I read. I haven't watched the movie, so I wouldn't know...

2,250 posts

nogardragon • 24 July 2011 at 4:54 PM

I havn't seen the movie yet but my bro told me what happened so I didn't get disturbed by anything that was in the film when I get it on DVD 😊

Female
619 posts

eugenefitzherbert • 25 July 2011 at 1:01 PM

o_o
Spoiler alert.....

No. Just...no.

The resurrection stone didn't pass through owners. The elder wand did.

Anyone was able to use the resurrection stone to bring others back to life, but it did NOT bring Harry back to life.

When Voldemort hit Harry with Avada Kedavra, he killed the piece of his soul that was within him. NOT Harry. That's how he was able to come back to life.

Go re-read the books more closely.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 27 July 2011 at 8:21 PM

@eugenefitzherbert is right XD

I'm guessing you guys didn't read the books...? XD *is not accusing*

Female
619 posts

eugenefitzherbert • 27 July 2011 at 8:24 PM

@lizardfeather
Or they only read them once and/or didn't understand them.
I've read them about seventy times each, so I understand most of it by now. /dead

Though some of the things I've heard before that people somehow think happened makes me wonder if they were reading a whole other book entirely. xD

Not on this forum, I heard it elsewhere.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 27 July 2011 at 8:25 PM

@eugenefitzherbert lol I remember enough to be able to follow the plot... XD *has not read in a while*

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 27 July 2011 at 8:27 PM

My dad said it was because so many people loved him. But then I'm all like "But people love Voldemort too!!" xD

I've never read the books and I wasn't really watching the movie, though. 😋 So I have no idea what happened. What eugenefitzherbert (so hard to type! xD) said makes sense, though.

Female
619 posts

eugenefitzherbert • 27 July 2011 at 8:28 PM

@lizardfeather
xD Reading it once over should be enough to know a few of the main details though, at the very least. If you comprehended it, anyway. I know some people don't. xD

Then again, some people don't read the books at all and just go directly to see the movies. So that would probably explain it. xD

@ladybugheart
xD Awh~ I like that explanation. /dead
But I do love Voldemort, so that theory wouldn't completely make sense.
Unless it was only who was most loved... xD

Ah, yeah, that would explain it then. xD Makes more sense now.
Aha, I stole the name from a Disney movie! ^^

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 27 July 2011 at 8:40 PM

OHHHHH I looked at the add and it says it quote
Who is your fav HP character I was like LOL xD

293 posts

dragonfriend • 29 July 2011 at 9:14 AM

i watched it at one of those drive-in places, or whatever they're called. it was really foggy and for the most part the screen was just all black :/

Male
619 posts

dragonstorm78 • 29 July 2011 at 9:16 AM

@eugenefitzherbert is right. Thank you. @_@;;;

Female
681 posts

arabianninja • 29 July 2011 at 9:44 AM

@icymuffin That's also how I remember it. Avada Cedavra (however you spell it) only killed the Horcrux, that Voldemort planted inside of him, so the "real" him could live on.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 29 July 2011 at 10:42 AM

@everyone My fav part is when Harry and Voldemort are standing on a cliff ledge and then Harry is just like: "Voldemort, let's finish this the way we started it!" *grabs Voldemorts face* "TOGETHOOOOOORRRRR!!!" *hurls both off the cliff*

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Me and my friends were laughing so hard at that part, and we were, like, the only ones laughing XD

Female
619 posts

eugenefitzherbert • 29 July 2011 at 2:48 PM

@redfire77
/dying of laughter
Aha, I was laughing there, too. xD I loved that part!

When Voldemort died, my friend and I started clapping. Then everyone else joined in. /dead
It was hilarious. xD

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 29 July 2011 at 2:51 PM

Lol, people who haven't read Harry Potter would be really confused with the HP vocabulary. xD

Female
4,232 posts

meixiaotian • 29 July 2011 at 3:21 PM

well, yeah, voldemort only killed the horcrux, or himself, sort of.
What confuses me is how did voldemort die in the movie? Harry catches the elder wand and voldemort dies. He dies in the book by being hit by a reflected avarda kadavra

Female
443 posts

scorch_cloud222 • 29 July 2011 at 3:23 PM

The Resurrection Stone doesn't bring people back from the dead. It just makes their spirits visible to the holder of the Stone.

And the Cloak of Invisibility is the Hallow that passes down through the family.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 July 2011 at 3:26 PM

I like the story about the three brothers and how one of them evaded Death by using the Cloak of Invisibility.

And then I feel really bad for the one who had the Resurrection Stone and saw his dead lover D':

Female
2,773 posts

thepells4 • 29 July 2011 at 3:31 PM

T-T YOU SPOLIERS -.-

I haen't seen the movie yet. Might watch it at the theater tomorrow. But just reading this forum, I feel like I've already watched it... XD

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 29 July 2011 at 4:26 PM

WAAANNNTTTT TTTOOOOO SEEEEEE...

I've re-read the books about 7 times so I'm OK. No need to go all "OH NOES I RUIN DA MOOVIE FOR YOUUU!!! D8"

😃😃😃

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 29 July 2011 at 4:37 PM

AHHHHHHHHH SPOILERS D:

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 29 July 2011 at 5:24 PM

PAHAHAHA!
@eugenefitzherbert we started clapping when molly weasley killed bellatrix XD NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU B****!

Female
619 posts

eugenefitzherbert • 30 July 2011 at 12:59 PM

@redfire77
Our theater mostly laughed at that. xD

Then everyone clapped for like...five minutes once the movie was over.

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 4 August 2011 at 8:21 PM

@REdfire77 I LOVED THAT PART 8D

And I started laughing when Hermione and Ron went into the chamber to destroy one of the horcruxes, so they did, then it filled up with water and they got soaking wet and then the watrt went back down and they just grabbed eachother and started kissing. o_e

Btw, Harry DIDN'T grab Voldemort's face. He wrapped his hands around the back of his head.