The Egg Cave Handbook

in General

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 25 July 2011 at 3:32 PM

I know there's probably another topic out there similar to this one, but I'm going to post this anyway.

This is a topic focusing on giving advice and tips to newbies who have yet to learn the basics/proper etiquette of this site. Think of this as an "Egg Cave Handbook" of sorts, if you will. Input from oldies and experienced users is much appreciated and will hopefully help to educate this site's newest members. 😊

1st off, I'd like to talk a bit about asking users for their rare creatures. Please, newbies, don't just waltz over to someone's profile and ask them to give you their Tine/Foo/etc. That gets on people's nerves and can get you reported or blocked.

EDIT: Adding hashtag~
#Pipkitten

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 25 July 2011 at 3:34 PM

Heres some questions i have answered in the past...

~What does Ufa and Uft mean?
Ufa = up for adoption meaning they really don't care a whole lot what you offer
Uft = up for trade where they want something specific

~Where/how do you get CC?
You get CC by using real money to buy fake money...you can purchase it at the Cash Shop located in Ark City

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 25 July 2011 at 3:40 PM

~What is the significance of a STAR creature?
A star creature is simply a normal creature with a star on its picture. They are considered somewhat rare, but aren't much to speak of.

~Can I turn a normal creature into a STAR creature?
Yes. Non-STAR creatures can be turned into STAR creatures by purchasing a STAR Potion from the Cash Shop Park.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 25 July 2011 at 3:47 PM

What are "cove cleanouts"?

Many older users do "cove cleanouts" in which they get rid of their junk eggs or creatures that are not as desirable. There are usually lots in the TC (Trade Center) made by users who are doing cove cleanouts.

What does happiness do? Does it help your creatures grow?

No, clicks, views, and feeds do that.

However, if a creature is at 0 happiness at is not yet at level 2000 or over, it dies.

What happens when a creature travels?

It gives your creatures backgrounds. Other than that, it has no function.

What does Tim's do?

You can pay EC to keep your creatures 100% happy for a period of time.

My creature has enough feeds/views/clicks, why isn't it evolving?

It will evolve tomorrow (exact time unknown) so if you want to freeze it, freeze it FAST! 😱

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 25 July 2011 at 3:49 PM

~What is the difference between NUFT and NFT?

Nothing really...they both mean the creature isn't for trade and they don't really want to trade it

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 25 July 2011 at 3:55 PM

~What is "Gifting"?
Gifting is when someone trades a creature (usually rare or special) to someone else for free, just to be nice. 😊 There is usually an agreement between the 2 users taking part.

~What does LE mean?
LE means Limited Edition.

~What does CC mean?
CC means Cave Cash.

~What does CS mean?
CS means Cash Shop.

2,425 posts

blackrose_chan • 25 July 2011 at 4:02 PM

how about if the newb asks where to send in egg ideas/ideas for eggcave,

do Contact us go to general and make main ticket a egg cave Idea or something like that. people usually don't know on how to send an art idea.

Female
377 posts

hvernon • 25 July 2011 at 4:03 PM

~How can I get an LE?
Check the trade center for people who are gifting their LE creatures. Or wait until the next advent.

~How do I get an Asteroid creature?
Through luck. Just keep trying the asteroid everyday.

Female
88 posts

shann901 • 25 July 2011 at 4:04 PM

You've already given me good tips, and I've been here for almost a year and a half! There are still things out there that is way too complex for my wee mind to understand, and I think this would be great for newbs, older users, and generally everyone! I support your idea @Pipkitten ! <-- Thanks for teachin me how to Ping!!!!

Female
494 posts

plookle • 25 July 2011 at 4:08 PM

Egg cavern has a detailed newbie guide, and you don't need to be a member to view it. The direct link is here

http://www.eggcavern.net/articles/egg-cave-newbie-guide

This is still a good thread to have around because I know there are a few things I didn't cover in the guide. It's got four sections, including one for etiquette.

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 25 July 2011 at 4:10 PM

~How do I ping someone?
Just type @ followed by the person you want to ping's username. Like this: @Pipkitten 😊

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 25 July 2011 at 4:19 PM

~How do i get rare creatures?
You have to trade for them. The owner will usually want another rare in return unless they are quitting. In that case, check their profile for any rules before offering.

~How do i send in a ticket?
Go to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page and the rest is explaintory.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 25 July 2011 at 6:44 PM

Who is Ian?

Ian is the creator of Egg Cave.

What are "junk eggs"?

Eggs you can easily get from the Cave year-round.

How do I know if a creature is "rare"?

Check the creature rarity guide: http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/1677

Also, asteroid, CC and LE creatures usually are very rare. The older a creature, the more rare it will be.

Does it matter what I feed my creature?

No. The feeds, happiness gain, and money are all averaged around the same number no matter what you feed your creatures.

How do I keep my eggs from getting hungry and dying?

Get other users to feed them and put them in Tim's.

Clicks: When a user clicks your creature
Feeds: When a user feeds your creature
Views: When a picture of your creature is on a page and the page is seen by another user

eggcavern.net is also helpful. 😉

Female
317 posts

whimsical • 28 July 2011 at 2:45 PM

What is a 'retired' creature?

A retired egg or creature is a creature that was previously available in either The Cave or The Cash Park. Retired means that they were then withdrawn, therefore making them un-available.

How can I get a 'retired' creature?

To get a retired creature you must trade one at the Trade Center as they are no longer available to get by other means.

Help! My creature has dissapeared!

There are 3 possible ways this could happen: a) She/he has died and therefore cannot be redeemed. Sorry ☚ī¸ b) You have been hacked, and therefore have a chance to get your egg back. c) There is a glitch, and this must be reported.

Female
130 posts

relimez • 19 August 2011 at 4:19 AM

@whimsical

"Help! My creature has disappeard!"
Another way this could've happen is if you offered it on a trade lot and do not remember. If the trader accepts your offer, your creature will have been automatically transferred. There's a notification when that happens, but you might've missed it. Scroll on your 'Notifications' page to see if it's there.

Also, I have a question of my own. Can someone tell me what a Flaren is worth?

2,403 posts

evolutary • 19 August 2011 at 4:28 AM

No idea, sorry.

Another tip: When posting in forums, make sure you have good grammar, punctuation and spelling. No one wants to read a post that is illegible. Do not beg or spam forums either and be polite when disagreeing with people's opinions. Make sure you don't put too many question/exclamation marks after a sentence because it may annoy some users.

For example, 'is ur f00 uft????????' or 'i got a tine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' seriously, we don't need this spam.

By the way, creatures who have below 10 happiness have a 1 in 30 chance to die, not just those at 0 happiness.

Female
681 posts

arabianninja • 19 August 2011 at 4:53 AM

@relimez Last time I checked, they were worth quite a lot because everybody wanted one.

Female
130 posts

relimez • 19 August 2011 at 4:55 AM

@arabianninja Seriously? #-.- Just my luck. Right when I go on vacation all the new eggs come out, and one that's worth a bunch so I can't even trade for it.

So I'm guessing I can't trade a Flunny for one, huh? *Sigh*

Female
681 posts

arabianninja • 19 August 2011 at 4:57 AM

@relimez Well, considering that Flunnys are also LE eggs, you might find someone to trade 😊 I also don't really see why Flarens are traded for that much (even though I find them really cute).

Female
130 posts

relimez • 19 August 2011 at 5:02 AM

@arabianninja So it MIGHT be worth a Flunny? That means a Tray for one would be a fair trade, right?

I know! I asked someone if there's was UFT and they said, "Yup. I like Mos, Bunthoffs, Balrogs, Rhinedorfs..." I was like, 'You're kidding, right? No way!' And she wasn't the first person to ask for something big, so that's why I asked about Flaren's value in the first place.

But now I'm rambling. *Shrugs*

Female
681 posts

arabianninja • 19 August 2011 at 5:10 AM

@relimez Yes, I think so. And I also think that a Tray would be more than fair.

Yeah, I know. I had to trade some of my creatures to get my two Flarens, because I wasn't lucky enough at the Cave. And when I saw what people now want for their Flarens I'm like "Okaaaaaay ... and there I thought Flarens and Tines were two different things ..."

*ahem*

Back to the topic

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 19 August 2011 at 9:33 AM

It seems Flarens have lost a lot of value 😸 Well anyways

Q: How do I trade travels?

A: You have to trade your creatures to another user, and they will put the background on your creatures, and (typically) you will put the background on theirs. This is best to do with someone you trust, just to be sure they will give the creatures back. Or you should trade creatures of similar value, just to be safe.

Q: How do I trade CC?

A: Like the travels, for a Freeze or Star, you must trade your desired creatures to the person who is going to freeze them. Again, you should do this with creatures of similar value, or with someone you trust. To trade creatures, one person will purchase one from the Cash Shop, and you will trade in the normal way.

Q: Are there any rare eggs currently available?

A: The Mo, Tenalp, Pareteorsite, and Storticai are the rarest creatures still available. You have a slim chance of finding the Mo in the cave, and the other three come from the Mysterious Asteroid, if you are lucky.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 24 August 2011 at 12:45 AM

Bump ^^

Is there a message when you get a STAR egg in the Cave?

Yes. 😊

HELP! My egg melted!

This is a new feature in Version 2. My advice is to quickly name your creature something random and rename it later at the Town Hall.

How do I PM someone?

A link at the top of their profile 😉 There is an "add friend" link there, too, if they aren't your friend already.

What happens when a user "quits"?

They stop playing Egg Cave and give away their creatures to other active users. Usually, though, they only give creatures away to their friends, so don't bother them if they say no.

Info about side accounts:

You cannot visit the Asteroid on your side.
You cannot answer Site Trivia on your side.
You cannot steal eggs from the Cave on your side.

Can I ask for help on Site Trivia?

No, you will have to figure the answer out yourself. 😉

Female
257 posts

lunarstarz • 26 August 2011 at 2:44 AM

Hey, I'm a newbie, and I just want to ask, would envy count as begging? As in, a person may quit, and a new person may go "Wow I really wish you could give that egg to me. Besides your quitting 😃" I'm not sure if that would be considered like hidden begging or something. Because, I admit, I have done that before, until I thought it could be considered begging, which is against the rules

Bump.

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 26 August 2011 at 8:26 AM

@Lunarstarz: That sort of thing is a pretty touchy subject. I'm going to borrow a section from an Egg Cavern article to explain this; I believe it should answer your question quite well. 😉

"If you wanted to err on the side of safety, it would really be best not to ask for creatures you did not already see in the Trade Center. However, if you must ask, you had better do it right. The first step is to read the profile of both the user and the creature. If the user is explicit in either of these places about begging being intolerable, STOP NOW. No matter how polite you are about it, a user may still report you if you ask for their Mo when he has clear profile text saying "He is NOT for trade, do not ask". If the profile of the user and creature don't specify or are ambiguous about UFT creatures, you may ask whether the creature is up for trade. The accepted way of doing this is to ask, "Hi, I was just wondering if (creature's name) is up for trade, and if so, what you would like for him/her?" Make sure you get the gender correct, this matters to many users. If you asked in a courteous way, you should get a response. If the answer is no, leave it at that. If you were polite, but still do not recieve a response, do NOT try again or beg, the user obviously doesn't want to be bothered."

8 posts

lovesdragons900 • 29 August 2011 at 8:24 PM

Hi im new just singed up today and i got questions

1: is i have a Flor what would it be worth im try to trade it for something?

2: were can find rares at besides the Cash Shop?

3: what is a hallowolf worth?

4: what are all the types of eggs you can get from the egg cave?

5: will all of you be my friends?? 😃

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 29 August 2011 at 8:33 PM

@Lovesdragons900

1: is i have a Flor what would it be worth im try to trade it for something?
~Flor are not very popular, but you may be able to get another common cave egg for it.

2: were can find rares at besides the Cash Shop?
~Sometimes there are new creatures released for holidays such as Halloween, Christmas, ect. They are usually limited edition and therefore rare depending on when they were released. Some users are trading rares, but they usually want rares in return.

3: what is a hallowolf worth?
~ Visit this guide: http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/1677

4: what are all the types of eggs you can get from the egg cave?
~There are many species that are currently obtained in the cave; all species in Ark are listed in the Archives along with where you can get them.

8 posts

lovesdragons900 • 29 August 2011 at 9:15 PM

Thanks pip and thanks for being my friend same ot every elles who i am friends with now 😃

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 29 August 2011 at 9:20 PM

@Lovesdragons900: You're welcome. 😊 Oh, and so that people reply on the forums, ping them like this: @ + the person's username~ Example/ @Pipkitten

8 posts

lovesdragons900 • 29 August 2011 at 10:20 PM

@pipkitten: ok pip 😃