not connecting

in Problems & Bugs

Female
249 posts

chibiloki88 • 27 July 2011 at 3:46 PM

i have recently downloaded google chrome and made it my primary internet server, replacing firefox, which was not working for me well by freezing up, not loading things, and not being compatible with my antivirus. google chrome has been better, but it seems to have a lot of problems connecting to things. it does not seem to spend the time loading pages, and instead instantly is saying "cannot load. hit reload" (or something). most of the time this is just annoying, but when im trying to post something, it interferes. not only does the page go blank and erase what i was trying to post, but it will also simply ignore that i am pressing the "post" button multiple times in a row. and at times this can be incredibly inconvenient, such as when i try to get an egg from the cave and it tells me it "cannot connect. reload". i could lose the egg, and if its rare or starred thats incredibly frustrating and detrimental to the game. is anyone else having these problems? does anyone have any suggestions? thank you!

Deleted • 27 July 2011 at 3:47 PM

@chibiloki88

Huh? I use Chrome and it works fine for me... try googling it or possibly ask Ian...?

2,250 posts

nogardragon • 27 July 2011 at 4:08 PM

This happened with me, I lost an Elge because of it when I was on my 3DS. All I can say is go back to firefox and put up with it or you can stay on google chrome and copy your message before you post so you don't lose it.

I am using firefox on a windows 7 laptop and when I refresh the connection or restart the laptop it usually goes back to normal 😊

Deleted • 27 July 2011 at 11:13 PM

I use Google Chrome on a Apple computer and if is perfect!

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 28 July 2011 at 7:54 PM

@chibiloki88

The types of issues that you are having sound like network and/or Internet connection issues. There can be numerous causes of Internet connection problems like the ISP itself, your router, your wireless configuration, etc.

Egg Cave has had very good connectivity from our data center and good uptime recently. I'm confident that it has nothing to do with our service insomuch as your Internet connection.

Try checking your Internet connection and improving your network to get better connectivity.

I hope that this helps! This is not a bug.

Topic closed.