If anybody plays Neopets, do you get this?

in Entertainment

Deleted • 30 July 2011 at 5:10 AM

Ok, so today I was randomly strolling about when I 'got' a Royal Paintbrush randomly. It said 'click here', and when I did, it was some random creature profile, so I checked its owner, and it said that the owner's account was deleted. Then I checked my inventory, and it said I didn't have that paintbrush! Help? I've only played for two days!

Account is : qiqinyan

Female
681 posts

arabianninja • 30 July 2011 at 5:21 AM

I've been playing Neopets for about 5 years now, and something like this never happened to me before.
Maybe it was a glitch or something.
You should probably ask The Neopets Team (TNT) about it.

2,403 posts

evolutary • 30 July 2011 at 5:24 AM

@pendmxc Do you have a screenshot of it?

Sometimes people just have fun with random events and add their own ones, so they're harmless (most of the time). For example, one time I saw one that said 'Bottled Kindness, Free.' It's just for fun and decoration.

Edit: When you do get a random event, it happens straight away. No need to click links or anything like that. It is not a glitch and also, you can only get paint brushes from Jacko the Phantom Painter.

The ones you have to be careful with are when people ask for your password and they say they will give you 10000000 neopoints etc or when you're in a shop, and there's this item for a really cheap price, and when you click on it, it brings you to the log in page. Do NOT type your details because then they will know and hack into your account!

Female
1,043 posts

gvantsa • 30 July 2011 at 11:13 AM

I never got such an event o.o
But sometimes people put fake events like that on their profiles, stores, pet profiles, etc.