BAHAHAHAH

in Chit-Chat

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 4:28 PM

I'm Wiccan, and I'm volunteering at a church.

It's all next week at 8;30 AM every day. And Sundays from now on [Time I don't know yet]

My dad is Christian, and my brother is confused about religion so we're going to go there.

Now, it's a fun place and they rock out with instruments and sing together [about "God, Lord, Our Savior's father" (Quotation is to show terms used)] And it's a little awkward when they're talking about stuff, and I'm just getting confused, people are yelling "Amen!' every time the preacher talks - but it's a nice place. Everyone's friendly, people will just run up to you and give you a hug, they're sweet.

But again - I'm Wiccan, and it's kinda awkward for me to listen to the preaching. Then I saw the babies. My mom asked them if they had a nursery and asked if I could volunteer there. One lady grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me around showing me the kids areas [I just wanted the babies roflrofl] and they said they needed people to help with them - So now I get to play with all the widdle, cubbly, babies x3333

There was one kid though, who barked at me. I was just confused - my dad cleared it up when he told me the kid has a mental disorder.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 31 July 2011 at 4:30 PM

@cafe Wiccan? COOL! You probably get a ton of questions about ouiji boards xD

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 4:32 PM

@balletninja

NOOOO - Ouiji boards = Bad juju unless you know how to use one. Because they're portals, that if you don't handle properly, can let //anything// into this world from the afterlife.

I am, however, learning to do tarot cards ;D

1,655 posts

chatial • 31 July 2011 at 4:35 PM

I dont think its a good idea talking about religion. It is a very... Touchy subject. I'm very opinionated on this and I dont think its smart discussing stuff like religion and politics on here.

Just saying

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 4:38 PM

@chatial

o-o

I'm not saying anything bad though... I'm not saying one is wrong, or mine is right, I'm just saying how my day went..And thought it was a little ironic.

1,655 posts

chatial • 31 July 2011 at 4:40 PM

@cafe haha, I know I'm sorry... Im just, you know... Saying its a touchy subject. You can't even discuss religion in school.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 31 July 2011 at 4:40 PM

@chatial I see nothing wrong with it.. More like a blog to me xD

@cafe I played with one when I was like 8, luckily nothing happened xD I didn't know how to use it, I mainly just made my own arm move xD

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 4:45 PM

@chatial

Ohh, I thought you interpreted the title as me mocking -something-.

And, I agree with you on that. There are some things you should and shouldn't talk about, but I feel you should be able to talk about //your// religion, what //you// believe - and only //yours//. [Emphasizing because I've meet people who seem to try and tell me what I believe]

And if you try to bash others or say something mean - you're not worth my time, you're not worth other's times, it's my thread, so bu-bye. [Not bu-bye to you, to clear things up]

@balletninja

Bahaha, another thing is unless you're super high up in the spiritual -whatever you call it-, never do it alone.

Watch Paranormal Activity and you'll get an idea? XD

1,655 posts

chatial • 31 July 2011 at 4:49 PM

@cafe
Oh, haha no I didnt think that scout the title.

my parents shove religion down my throat. Their catholic and I dont agree with a lot of it. /not saying what/ I dont believe in any religion, and i'm judged all the time for it

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 4:52 PM

That must suck :/

When I have kids, I'm going to raise them on part Wiccan beliefs, part Christian [Most of my family is] and part of whatever my husband is [Unless he's Christian, then half and half]

And let them choose which they like/if they want to look into something else.

1,655 posts

chatial • 31 July 2011 at 4:54 PM

I don't plan on having kids because of the risk of giving them diabetes, but if I do i'll show them all different ones and take them to churches they want to go to. Have it be entirely their choice. Honestly I would rather them be mormon or jewish or christian than be nothing...

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 5:01 PM

Yeah. I'm going to let my kids choose too [I want kids,lolol, I love babies] but I don't want to force them. If they despise Wicca for some reason, I'm not going to force them into it. Same with Christianity.

Speaking of their choice, to a lighter subject - What do you think of babies/toddlers in pageants? That they can't really say no to cause they're so young?

I want to put my daughters/sons in something for fun, but pageants kinda scare me, all that make up and how they act.. I saw one girl spank her butt to the judges on toddlers and tiara's, and she was about 5ish.

I'm thinking of gymnastics.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 31 July 2011 at 5:02 PM

@Cafe

Kids in pageants are horrible. They are just HORRIBLE.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 31 July 2011 at 5:03 PM

@cafe Ballet is good to start young. 😊 Dance, jazz, anything 😊

I am watching toddlers in tiara's SCARY!

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 5:05 PM

@balletninja

Lolol [Ballet]Ninja XD

I was in ballet and tap when I was little, but had to be pulled out cause I kept twisting my ankle [The one I had surgery on, always has been weak. Only seriously injured it around 9ish]. My goal for when I get better is to dance a little 😸

1,655 posts

chatial • 31 July 2011 at 5:06 PM

I do not agree with pagents... But it depends on their parents motivation.
I saw once in a magazine saying how 10 year olds were wearing push up bikinis. Thats disgusting. They were like, it helps with self esteem. Like, ew

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 5:07 PM

o_o

Push up bikinis?

To push WHAT up?
They're ten.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 31 July 2011 at 5:09 PM

@cafe I agree. Makeup doesn't enhance them at that age. Just covers up their youth.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 31 July 2011 at 5:09 PM

Just watch 'Toddlers and Tiaras'. It's just disgusting.

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 5:09 PM

@crooton1

The moms scare me e.e

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 31 July 2011 at 5:11 PM

They all scare me.

"Hold on honey, we just need to rip off your eyebrows"

"It hurts Mommy it hurts!" "Be quiet! It just spray on sun tan!"

1,655 posts

chatial • 31 July 2011 at 5:12 PM

Whoa. I never watched that show

3,562 posts

cafe • 31 July 2011 at 5:15 PM

Eye brow waxing at 6, just... Ow..

I had to wax mine around middle school, because I had a unibrow going on. I have a hormone imbalance or something. But that little girl had normal eye brows >-<

1,655 posts

chatial • 31 July 2011 at 5:20 PM

@Cafe I used to have my eyebrows waxed in 7th-beginning of 9th. I had a unibrow and my aunt would wax for free. Now I'm too lazy and pluck haha