Creature Suggestion: Morphowl

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
462 posts

megadash • 20 October 2013 at 5:42 PM

#creaturesuggestion
#MegadashOriginal
Name: Morphowl
Picture Has Been Moved To: i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/Megadash/EggCave/Morphowl.png
== Now with picture of egg! ==

About Morphowl Eggs:
Morphowl eggs have the same soft, down-like fur as the creature. The egg is quite flexible and doesn't break when dropped. While it's okay to sleep with the egg, do not be tempted to use it as a pillow! The growing Morphowl will remember the ill treatment and become angry with it's owner.

The egg has what scientists have called the "first eye." It's believed that the egg uses the eye to see it's owner's mind to read both dreams and intention of treatment.

More About the Morphowl:
Morphowls can be a very unsettling species. Their unblinking eyes can make the bravest of people feel uneasy, but they can be the best companion for those who suffer from frequent nightmares. Even before it hatches, it forms a psychic link with its owner. It will appear in the nightmares of the owner and just watches them. It just watches them… After hatching, if it's been treated well, it will appear in the owner's dreams and guide them through to better help the owner interpret the dream and make peace with it. If the creature was treated poorly, it will just continue to stare at the owner. In the past, it's been said that sages would raise Morphowls to aid them in vision quests.

An Interesting Side Note: This creature was created when it appeared to me in a nightmare that I had. At first, I felt that it was the danger that I was afraid of, but it later turned out to be an ally. I quickly sketched the creature in a notebook, but the image just sat there until today.

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 20 October 2013 at 5:53 PM

@megadash
Looks awesomely creepy . I like it though 😊

Female
462 posts

megadash • 21 October 2013 at 2:58 PM

@bookw0rm:
Thanks. It's not one of my better drawings. But it's pretty good, if I do say so myself, for being done at 6 in the morning, just out of bed.

Deleted • 21 October 2013 at 3:00 PM

@megadash
Oh my wolf, this is just epic. *w*
To me it seems to be like a were-howl, and that's just too epic to express in a words. And I love the information ... nightmares! ** You had a very great idea! ❤️

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 21 October 2013 at 3:35 PM

@megadash I would love to have a staring contest with this creature. 😋 I once had a staring contest with Henry the skeleton in my science class for ten minutes. Henry won though.

Female
462 posts

megadash • 22 October 2013 at 2:17 AM

@spiritkoi:
Well then, you'd love to have a Morphowl. That way you can have staring contest all night long!
Although, would it count since they don't blink and your eyes are already closed when you sleep? Do we blink in our sleep?