in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 5 November 2013 at 8:10 AM

I think we should be able to breed creatures to help endangered ones

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 5 November 2013 at 5:33 PM

I dont think that would really be a good idea,egg creatures come and go and new ones are made. If you could breed them then all the eggs would be very common and Ec will pretty much be worthless besides paying to feed your pets and buying travels.And the trading room would be pretty much pointless and it pretty much takes all the fun out of the game.

@naturegirl1999

Female
462 posts

megadash • 5 November 2013 at 6:45 PM

@naturegirl1999 &
@poptarts:
Actually, this could be a good thing. We desperately need to deflate the economy. 🪙 is practically worthless. And it would be a way for:
1.) Newer players to get lost creatures and
2.) Established players to actually make more money in the long run.

I'm trying to work out the bugs in the idea, but my suggestion would be as follows:
1.) You must have both a male & female of the creatures you wish to breed.
2.) You must pay a fee to try to breed that varies from creature to creature. (Cash Shop Creatures would requires 💵 to breed, but would get a significantly higher chance of success)
3.) Items in the Cash Shop could be added to guarantee breeding.
4.) Creature rarity would affect chance of breeding success.
5.) Bred creatures would have need to have a mark (along the idea of the star) that shows that it's NOT an original. This would give originals more value. Maybe it could be an egg mark in he lower-left-hand corner.
6.) Both creatures must be FULLY EVOLVED to be bred.

The reason that I say this is because it's a royal pain to see people leave when they let now-extinct creatures wither and die. Also, even-though the cost of creatures would go down, hoarders would actually make more money in the long run (if done properly) because they would now be investing in breeding, not hoarding.

I'm still trying to work-out the bugs in the idea, but this is just a general idea that I've been working on. The real reason that I support something like this is because the economy is grossly over-inflated. There's very little to spend 🪙 on that it's worthless and creatures are either horribly over-priced or worthless. Now all creatures are based more on the value of the creature than whether or not they're available.

#MegadashIdea

We'll still need more things to buy with 🪙, but it's a step in the right direction. Remember: Inflation is, in actuality, too much currency chasing too few goods.

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 5 November 2013 at 7:49 PM

@megadash
@naturegirl1999

The way you put it and explain it makes it sound perfect but what happens if people start over breeding a certain creature? Even though the outcome would vary on the success rate there value would go down in a certain point of time for example the Tine, after a while there would be so many of them that they would soon go down in price, they would first be placed in the Trade room for lots of Ec, after a few months pass there value would go down that would make the amount to breed them worthless since people will no longer be making a profit and would soon be unwanted.

And what happens if a person decides to breed a very common creature like the Gode, their rarity is very low and would have a better chance of being successful to have an egg. and they would pretty much be worthless.

~*~*~*~
You could make it almost like the mysterious asteroid outcome

You cant breed a creature that is not original

You can only breed the creature certain amount of days depending on the type. (EXAMPLE:I breed two Tines I have to wait 5days to breed the creatures again and for the Gode I have to wait 2days to breed this creature again) But you can only breed one species a day

(Sorry if Im sounding Negative, Im actually for breeding creatures)

Female
462 posts

megadash • 5 November 2013 at 9:48 PM

@poptarts:
Actually, you have some good ideas as well. That's why I said that I'm still trying to work out the kinks (And why I haven't posted anything about it). Just like you can only change the name of any of you creatures 10 times a month, you could do the same thing for breeding.

As far as it being like the Mysterious Asteroid…maybe not. Its odds are ridiculously low. Like I said, breeding would COST you to do so.

I also don't like the idea of ONLY originals being able to breed just because this still makes it a one-sided economy. This way, breeders would be hesitant to sell recklessly, since it would also create potential rivals.

As far as the fluctuation in price, that's how economies work. New things start out at very high prices. Only the very rich and the very lucky get them. The can turn around and sell them for very high profits until the market gets flooded. Then, the price of these (now, once-new) items go down and open up to more poor or less-fortunate gain access to them. Good entrepreneurs can still make a decent profit by selling for less, but selling in a higher volume. There will always be new people joining and, therefore, new potential customers.

This is why I also believe that bred creatures should be mark to distinguish them from the originals. This would still give those creatures a special status. Trust me, this will actually benefit the owners because it would now open up a NEW market. Anyway, as I was saying…

As newer things enter the markets, people will focus their attentions on the new items. Demand for older items dwindles. The cycle continues. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. Since you can only have 300 creatures, you'll still be limited in storage, so that will also force people to prioritize what they breed.

As far as people going nuts and hyper-breeding ultra-common creatures, you COULD, but, if you did, you'd be left with a bunch of creatures that cost you more than the market will ever allow you to profit from, unless that creature suddenly went extinct. It's your money, and no one can tell you how to spend it. Also, remember that it COSTS you 4,500 🪙 to abandon a creature and can take over a week for it to die naturally.

Remember: A truly Free Market is a self-correcting system. It always forces you to adapt or perish. The choice is up to you. It's true. Some people are just plain lucky, but all luck runs out eventually.

With that being said, let me add a few more ideas that I've come up with while I was writing this (I guess that I really DO have AADD):
<I'm giving ranges to add more wiggle room for the final idea>
7.) Players can only breed (successfully) 10-20 times per month (similar to the Town Hall).
8.) Players account must be a certain age. My recommendation is 5-12 months old.
9.) Player may only breed on their MAIN account…no side accounts.
- OR - Players may have a side account where they do their breeding, but ONLY ONE ACCOUNT may actually breed.
10.) It would take a day (or two) for a breeding to commence. In the mean time, no other breeding can be attempted (which would also help limit the number of times that you can breed).
- OR - You could allow for up to TWO breeding attempts at a time.

As far as sounding negative, don't feel bad. THIS is how life works. When people bounce both pros & cons REAL solutions are made. Hearty, civil debate is healthy. It's only when people resort to mud-slinging that we have problems.

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 5 November 2013 at 10:53 PM

Thanks . If only the mods saw this too...

2,056 posts

purrclan • 7 January 2014 at 1:25 PM

Is this topic considered too 'old' to be allowed to post in? I hope not.

@megadash
I like your thinking 😊

570 posts

wolphire • 23 January 2014 at 1:50 AM

@megadash and @poptarts

How about a higher percentage of successful breeding if you use originals rather than copies? That way, people have less of a reason why they should hoard original creatures.

Female
806 posts

aedia • 23 January 2014 at 2:02 AM

@megadash Very interesting thoughts on it. I remember reading a topic like this in the past, and I was not for it, but the way you explain it makes it seem like it could potentially be a nice idea. I know some creatures are very rare, so doing something like that could possibly prevent complete extinction of them, although I'm sure that most of the oldest CCs & LEs left are probably immortals anyway.

Female
280 posts

naturegirl1999 • 20 April 2014 at 5:49 PM

i like all the suggestions i just hope a mod sees this.
Thanks for your support.
I hope Ian sees this along with the people who code this.
Serously Thank You.