Creatures Suggestion: Anor

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What's your opinion?

Female
462 posts

megadash • 19 November 2013 at 8:30 PM

Since the next animal in the Chinese zodiac is the Horse, I thought that I'd make a creature that I'd been meaning to make for some time. I would have colored it sooner, but my computer crashed and I lost a lot of the files.
As you may have guessed, I've patterned the coats on one of my favorite animals, the Okapi. What I was trying to go for was a creature that could appeal to a wide audience. You have the cute and cuddly hatched form, and you also have the tough (and down-right nasty) adult form.
- Megadash

#creaturesuggestion
#MegadashOriginal
Name: Anor
Picture: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/Megadash/EggCave/Anor.png
(I'm non-committal on the egg, but I felt that it should be included)

About Anor Eggs:
The eggs were kept close to their mother while their father was out on his nightly hunt. As he finished his meal, he was sure to wash the stains of the kill off of him so as not to offend the unborn. Once he was done, he approached his mate and nuzzled her to let her know that he would take his shift and give her a break. Who could ever believe that two creatures known for bringing death to unwary prey could ever be such loving parents?

More About the Anor:
While they're still young, Anor search for their mate. The two will care for each other for the rest of their lives. If either of them should die in adulthood, the other will live the rest of its life in solitude. If, however, the other Anor is still in its youth, it may just find love again.

While the young are strict vegetarians (even the smell of blood is enough to make them ill), an adult Anor, however, is one of the fiercest predators of the northern jungles of Ark and are quite adept at hunting in the air as they are amongst the trees. When night falls, they leaves the cover of the trees to search for Terron. Adult Anor are omnivorous.

Young Anor bond quite well to people. As a result, most owners are hesitant to let them evolve fully. Adults can be a force to be reckoned with, but, if the two have bonded early on, it is quite possible.

Deleted • 19 November 2013 at 9:25 PM

@megadash
I like it! It's like a bird- horse- cat thing! I really like the description the most though, the about anor eggs part. Very interesting.

Genderqueer
513 posts

cherryish • 19 November 2013 at 10:48 PM

@megadash Very cool! 😊

Female
462 posts

megadash • 20 November 2013 at 5:28 PM

@leafpoolz:
Thanks. 😊 I wasn't really sure about what to put in about the eggs since the picture is just something to complete the picture, but the short tale seemed just enough to feel whole.