Group and Mass Messaging

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you hope to see group messaging in the future?

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 30 November 2013 at 3:45 PM

This is one of the few things I wish Egg Cave can have, group messaging. It'll make communicating easier, quicker and perhaps funner. The thought of sending out the same message to 10 different people separately is stressing, especially when you have to wait 60 seconds after sending a message to send another one.

I just had to add Mass Messaging, as @novrain62 suggested. I find it very brilliant. Being able to send the same message to multiple people, but privately, why not?

All critique is appreciated,
negative or positive.
I want to hear from you all. 😊

Female
413 posts

june • 30 November 2013 at 8:01 PM

@fakeworld
YES
YES
YES
YES
YES

This is better than my topic about private forums!! Group messaging would be so much easier.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 3 December 2013 at 7:59 PM

@lemonade
I'm so late, sorry.
I'm glad you like the idea!
😊

Livepulse pings (sorry if bothered)
@stoney
@cutebirdy79
@ilovedoctorwho
@sparrow
@jupiter_hollow

Female
216 posts

sparrow • 4 December 2013 at 11:39 AM

@fakeworld

YES! Please. o.o That would make life so much easier. ❤️

Female
344 posts

yileen • 4 December 2013 at 4:01 PM

@fakeworld Great Idea!!

@lemonade Yours is not a bad idea either, but I think the msg system might be easier to add to the site.

But, on the group messaging there should be an option to add new people to the group 😊 Not that i have so much friends to talk with in a group xD But for the groups and RP 😊

Female
454 posts

semo2005 • 4 December 2013 at 6:24 PM

@fakeworld Maybe.I'm not sure but I like the sound of it.

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 4 December 2013 at 8:19 PM

i think mass mailing would be better.
We can message our group members (me, founder of #MLEC2)
When I add a new member, I have to send each member a notice and/or post the new member info in individual comment boxes which takes forever it seems because of wait times.

It would be nice to send 1 message and click boxes or select options to send to alll members. It is not possible to ping each member either in one message.

It can be time consuming.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 5 December 2013 at 7:32 PM

@lemonade @sparrow @yileen @semo2005
Glad to see that you're all interested in some sort of way. ❤️

@novrain62
Mass messaging would be brilliant. Honestly, both are very useful. It would just be such a wonderful update to have these both. I'm sure the community would love it. 😸

Female
1,967 posts

novrain62 • 5 December 2013 at 7:38 PM

thank you @fakeworld 😊

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 7 December 2013 at 1:59 PM

@novrain62

That is a brilliant idea and one I have thought of a couple of times since I run a club and need to talk to the moderators who help me there and sometimes it is hard to reply individually.

I know as a group reply, it is perfect. 😃

If you want to inform others of something important or just need to touch base on something specific and it will only interest a group of people this feature would be so great to have and efficient too.

I'm all for it and gave my vote, of course, thumb up style!

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 9 January 2014 at 10:59 PM

Please, can we not forget about this. I would love for this to happen, in fact I am desperate for this implementation. 😊 Come on guys!