Creature Suggestion - Baiacu

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think about Baiacu? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 2 January 2014 at 2:12 PM

It's been a long time, but after all I decided to suggest another creature, the Baiacu.

Baiacu:

http://imageshack.com/a/img41/6056/zih3.jpg

About Baiacu Eggs:

All it's surface is covered with sharp spines, able to penetrate deep into the skin.

More About the Baiacu:

Baiacu has one of the most exotic defense systems among all known creatures. Although it doesn't swim too fast, when it feels danger, it swells, swallowing water and air, increasing greatly its size to intimidate predators. By doing this, their ultimate weapon is revealed: big, thick and sharp thorns.
It may seems harmless while in normal size, but the Baiacu has an incredibly toxic substance stored in a small pouch on the body. When that toxin is liberated, it may a cause drop in blood pressure, loss of physical strength and speech and impaired breathing. Next time you see a little critter swimming around, don't try to threaten it.

(Sorry about my english. I know it's bad. If anyone wants to help me with this by fixing or adding things, I'll appreciate.) Thank you @jazzyleia for your patience by fixing my bad english 😊

However, I won't ping anyone, 'cause not everybody likes it, but all helps are welcome.

#creaturesuggestion #baiacu #raitonchidori

Male
4,315 posts

syndrome • 2 January 2014 at 2:18 PM

@raitonchidori

SO BEAUTIFUL Q_Q

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 2 January 2014 at 2:25 PM

@pirateseaz seriously? o.O

Male
4,315 posts

syndrome • 2 January 2014 at 2:26 PM

@raitonchidori

Yep, it would make a wonderful addition to the site.

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 2 January 2014 at 2:28 PM

@pirateseaz oh, thank you 😃. What about the description, what do I have to change?

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 2 January 2014 at 2:31 PM

It has to be coloured

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 2 January 2014 at 2:56 PM

@kiryko I'm awful at it (and drawing too). But, forget the colour, what about the creature? Bad? Good? None? xD

Female
806 posts

aedia • 2 January 2014 at 3:29 PM

@raitonchidori I think that it is a great idea. 😸

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 2 January 2014 at 3:36 PM

@raitonchidori The face expressions..... 😋 I like it.

1,239 posts

ilovedoctorwho • 2 January 2014 at 4:13 PM

@raitonchidori I love it! The last stage is amazing, with the asymmetrical spikes. It should totally be added! The only one thing I dislike - sadly - is the tail for second and last stage. But even that is pretty good, I love it all!

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 2 January 2014 at 4:44 PM

@aedia thank you ^^

@spiritkoi yeah, I tried to make it kinda angry on last stage and calm on first xD

@ilovedoctorwho I'm not happy with those tails either. I would do a small tail on second and wouldn't add a tail on last one, but... well, I'm not a good drawer anyway xD.

Thank you all for all comments, I'm happy you liked it and thanks for the things you didn't like also, it is important for changes in future 😃

By the way, don't forget vote on the poll. It's my first topic after the updates and first time with polls. I did a simple one, but please vote for like or dislike this creature. (Still searching for someone with a better description or changes on mine)

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 4 January 2014 at 3:39 PM

@raitonchidori

HAHA I just had to laugh at the last stage 😃 It is super cute and different. I would love to see more underwater critters introduced to EggCave and I think this would be my first pick. I don't have really anything I would change.

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 4 January 2014 at 3:45 PM

@jazzyleia How can that be cute? lol. Anyway thanks for posting and voting on poll and for your opinion, of course, I'm glad you liked it 😃. And the description? What should be changed?

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 4 January 2014 at 3:50 PM

@raitonchidori

I would change the part about the little pouch on the digestive tract. Some younger people might not understand what that means or even where that is in your body. Maybe I would put something like....

"Also, they have an incredibly toxic pouch in their body that they can use to hurt someone threatening them" or something like that.

~I don't know, I just thought it was a cute/funny face 😃

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 4 January 2014 at 3:59 PM

@jazzyleia I see... I tried to change and rearrange it, could you see how it is now? Another thing to change? (orthographic errors also)

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 4 January 2014 at 4:04 PM

@raitonchidori
Here are the grammatical errors I found (and I am kinda that person that wants to fix them)

Baiacu has one of the most exotic defense systems among all known creatures. Although it doesn't swim (too) fast, when it feels (take out in) danger, it swells, swallowing water and air, increasing greatly its size to intimidate predators. By doing this, their ultimate weapon is revealed: big, thick and sharp thorns.
It may seems harmless while in normal size, but (the) Baiacu has an incredibly toxic substance stored in a small pouch on the body. When that toxin is liberated, (it) may cause (a) drop in blood pressure, loss of physical strength and speech and (impaired breathing). (Take out In) Next time you see a little (Change thing to critter) swimming around, don't try to threaten it.

The things I changed are in () Hope that helps a little more 😃

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 4 January 2014 at 4:11 PM

Thank you so much @jazzyleia, you helped me a lot *-*. I'm good on portuguese words but translator doesn't help me at all xD

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 4 January 2014 at 4:15 PM

@raitonshidori

No problem and yeah I understand those translators, I try to use them for help on french homework and they always either add something or put a different word in there

Female
182 posts

wallie987 • 5 January 2014 at 12:36 AM

@raitonshidori

Wow, I'm very happy to see a puffer fish suggestion... 😸 I thought it would be really cool if the fish would be kind of crystal colored with one color changing into another from the middle of the fish to the outside. (just an idea) However, I think this is probably just personal preference, but I think it looks a bit... angry?

Male
2,329 posts

raitonchidori • 5 January 2014 at 4:14 AM

@jazzyleia yeah, I hate those translators xD.

@wallie987 I'm not sure about the color, but I don't have any preference so Egg Cave drawer may do whatever he/she thinks is good ^^. And second and last stages are really a bit angry. It's all to intimidate predators 😋

Please don't forget voting on poll 😊