SAM and TA Side Accounts Management and "Are you sure you're sure that you're sure?"

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Your thoughts? (check all that apply to you) (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 8 January 2014 at 10:02 AM

Travel Agency (TA) :

I don't like the "Are you sure you wish to purchase this item?" (WHAT ITEM?!?!?) question when I click things in the Travel Agency, it doesn't tell me what I clicked and I will have to prove I want it again to get it anyway so it just wastes time (and mouse movement)
Can't it be an option between just buying the item for given price or haggling for a lower price (I never haggle) instead?
What do you think about it?
#NotHappy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Side Accounts Management (SAM) :

Isn't it time for a system where you tell EggCave what accounts are your sides and EggCave makes a difference between them and connects them for you? I'm not saying they should all get the same password or anything (maybe you want someone to babysit only one of them or something) but it could tell you to not visit the cave since you've already done that with one of your other accounts and it could notify you if a creature on a side account is starving.
I guess like with all things that would be better if you got the option to get notified or not... maybe someone uses side accounts to let creatures they don't want starve in peace... I don't know.
Another optional thing should be weather or not to show other players what side account you have on your profile. Maybe you want one of your accounts to be left alone and that would be annoying if it was forced on you.
Like it is now I think I would forget about my side account if I got one. So combined notifications would be useful... to me... maybe not to others...
Is it annoying to have all your EC and CC spread out on the 3 or 4 accounts that you're allowed to have? I wouldn't know since I don't need a side account yet. But I imagine it would be nice to have it all in one place so shared founts between the accounts you have would be a plus for me...
I would like if I could access at least my inventory (maybe not my strong rooms for reasons like it's supposed to be extra safe) from all accounts. I don't know... I just think that would be convenient.
When you feed with your side accounts wouldn't it be nice to leave your main accounts name behind instead of your side accounts? It should at least be an option. I wouldn't want people running to my sides commenting just cause I needed some EC there. ( I might not get back to them on a regular basis despite visiting everyday on a main)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary:

Travel agency (TA) :
•Give me the option to JUST buy the travel. I'll pay double or whatever just stop asking stupid questions. Please.

Side Accounts Management (SAM) :
•Connect accounts owned by the same person for easier management. (shared notifications, founds and travels)
•Make a distinction between main accounts and side accounts.
•Show(or not) in the profile page what accounts are sides and main to the user
•Use the same name when feeding creatures and leaving comments. (this one has lower priority since it isn't too useful without the other options as it would only aid to forgetting about one account)

That would make me feel less strange about this side account deal. The main reason people get sides is to get around all the limits on cave size and number of lists

Sorry if this has already been suggested... I'm not too familiar with the forum... can we post images of at least our creatures yet?

P.S.
I love that I get EC for logging in every day.

Female
491 posts

icedragon3000 • 8 January 2014 at 3:32 PM

Both ideas are good. You´re so right with the TA.

Male
4,315 posts

syndrome • 8 January 2014 at 3:39 PM

@shinasuki

Those are extremely useful ideas that I firmly believe should be implemented.

Male
1,393 posts

despair • 8 January 2014 at 3:44 PM

@shinasuki I agree with better SAM 😃

Female
3,079 posts

jemmie • 16 January 2014 at 8:22 AM

@shinasuki

I agree with both too.
About the SAM idea, do you mean like Eggcavern?

Female
1,788 posts

plushie • 16 January 2014 at 8:49 AM

@shinasuki Good ideas! I'm just so lazy and I just want to buy my travels no haggling! there should also be a quantity bar so you don't have to keep repeating the same travel

Deleted • 16 January 2014 at 9:38 AM

@shinasuki
I have these...
In the [EPF] Overall Site Suggestions topic.
Side Account Panel...
and for Travel Agency.. I've already suggested an autobuy...
I guess the security code and all such things are just to prevent bots.
(Wow, there were bots)

http://www.eggcave.com/forums/topic/43077

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 17 January 2014 at 1:15 AM

@jemmie
I think what you do on eggcavern with your side accounts is different. I mean that if I only log in to one of my (hypothetical) side accounts I will still get a notification in the top corner if one of my main (or other side) account creatures are starving.
Shared founds (🪙EC and 💵CC) so you don't have to feed from a side account for an hour just to put them all at Tim's. (Or buy CC for one account and then have no way of moving that over to the sides. )

@plushie
That is a nice idea but with the current system that wouldn't work out in terms of fairness. It would mean that most people wouldn't get a chance to buy a travel even if they restock with 5 of them. If all of them where available all the time like in a normal store (or on this site: in SaR center) that would be fantastic.

@frosted
I checked out your thread and I like the third suggestion about Tim's.
I don't understand the one about triple feed day...
I like the one about side accounts not being allowed on site trivia but it requires that EggCave make a distinction between account types to begin with.

To everyone else: Thank you for commenting (but I don't think you asked anything, so I don't need to ping you?) and voting. 😊 (A special thanks you the two (now three!) people who called me God when you voted, you bring a smile to my face)

But to be honest I think it's silly that they created this need for side accounts in the first place with limiting our cove size. But what's done is done.

Deleted • 17 January 2014 at 3:59 AM

@shinasuki
Just for that time when EC CC rates were mad.
Like people wanted 8 million EC for 250CC.
A triple feed day would been useful that time...
Yeah, its quite an official side account panel which can have accounts verified for moderator purposes only. ^^

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 17 January 2014 at 4:19 AM

@frosted
I've never really used EC to get CC from someone since I have no feel for what would be fair. I don't know how much they would make if they had worked an hour instead of feeding on EggCave that hour...
I don't really see who EC and CC is interchangeable since one is your time and one is your real money. Granted you make real money with time in real life but... average pay differs too mush online (since so many can get online from so many different countries) to be able to universally translate that... Where was I going with this? I don't know. It's personal?
I might be going all conspiracy theory crazy now (I think I'm good at it) but like I said on that post I just made on your suggestion thread: What if the reason that they don't fix side account management is because they don't want to "loose" all the extra users that the side accounts have become. I don't see a reason why that would not be the case.

Deleted • 17 January 2014 at 5:10 AM

@shinasuki
Its quite unfair when the homepage of EC displays it as a FREE adoptables site, when the normal people would be deprived of CC, they are deprived of their freedom and are confined to the LEs.

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 17 January 2014 at 5:45 AM

@frosted
I don't see it that way (since I'm brain washed I guess) but I see your point... (But there ARE free adoptables, and you can adopt them, so it's not a lie. ) but money is complicated... I sort of get online to get away from things that cost money and so I feel kind of mean asking other people online for their real money. No matter how many hours I spent collecting EC. I know that there should be a limit where my hours spent collecting should add up to some kind of real money value... it's just a fuzzy line for me right now.

570 posts

wolphire • 20 January 2014 at 3:16 AM

@shinasuki

I like the SAM idea, but not the TA idea.

The SAM idea works well in compiling multiple accounts into one, having the system help the user from committing ban-able offenses, and in keeping tabs on side coves.

The TA idea has been suggested before, and it has never taken. I like the IDEA of one-click purchasing, but the purchasing negotiation plays into how EC is a site designed to teach kids some real-world skills. Just like responsibility with feeding pets, negotiation is a life-skill that can be used anywhere.

Female
59 posts

rinoa812 • 24 January 2014 at 2:21 AM

@shinasuki I know this is older but I love the SAM idea. I get confused with which account im on lol

Female
2,210 posts

barbyka • 24 January 2014 at 3:45 AM

@shinasuki

I can see how SAM could be useful for some people. I have 2 sides, one of which is hidden, cuz I don't want people going there, browsing (and developing creatures I don't want developed) and begging for trades.

The other account I put the @name on my profile, so it's easily accessible. I use it for storing my immortal commons.

So maybe if there was an option 'if you want to connect an account' it would be good so people could chose if they want to, or which account to connect.

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 24 January 2014 at 4:01 AM

@barbyka

I thought I mentioned in my post that it should be an option to show or not show a side account to other regular users. Or did you mean something else?

Female
2,210 posts

barbyka • 24 January 2014 at 4:11 AM

@shinasuki

I understood about showing accounts to other users, but I also share that side as a storage with my brother. So I have no need to join it to my main. So I don't want that to be automatic, but a choice too.

Edit: Went and read it again, and you say it in the fist line XD That's what I get for my goldfish memory XD

Female
112 posts

shinasuki • 24 January 2014 at 4:26 AM

@barbyka

It wouldn't be automatic. Both accounts would have to agree to be linked and then there would be a question "Which is your main account?" where you decide on that (and it should be possible to change later)

If it was automatic then everyone playing on the same public Wi-Fi would get linked together after a while... that would be strange...

Female
2,210 posts

barbyka • 24 January 2014 at 4:41 AM

Yeah, I got that once I re-read the beginning. And it would be nice addition and maybe prevent more creatures form dying on the sides.