To: People that think CC is a waste of money

in General

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 12 August 2011 at 11:03 PM

I've bought a ton of CC. xD I don't really think it's a waste. =3

I don't think those reasons really prove that it's not a waste of money, though. I don't see anything wrong with thinking it is. I mean, some people don't have as much money nowadays. I doubt they'd be spending money on pixels. So I can't say I agree with this. Not trying to be mean, just sharing what I think. ._.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 12 August 2011 at 11:07 PM

Why do you even feel the need to post this?
I also like how you're keeping track of how many people agree with you.

I have to say that I disagree. I've never bought CC, and I think that my cove is pretty nice.

And why does CC make you feel "powerful"? Is it because you are willing to spend money on pixels? At least video games are pixels you can interact with, and control.

Deleted • 12 August 2011 at 11:09 PM

CC is so not a waste! 😃 I am joyed when I get CC!

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 12 August 2011 at 11:15 PM

@REdfire77

I'll just close this. ._.

Female
134 posts

zinny • 12 August 2011 at 11:17 PM

I agree with @redfire77 and @ladybugheart

@frosty
You say that it bugs you that people can't keep their opinions to themselves, but aren't you spreading your own opinion? Do you bug yourself, frosty? 😋 jk

But seriously, can someone tell me why these forums are coming up? attacking certain people? Please stop, the ones I have seen recently have been quite hurtful towards certain people.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 12 August 2011 at 11:24 PM

@zinny Yeah... :/

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 12 August 2011 at 11:26 PM

@Zinny

You didn't get to read it. -.-

5,632 posts

linpug • 12 August 2011 at 11:26 PM

@zinny i agree, 😋

Female
134 posts

zinny • 12 August 2011 at 11:26 PM

@crooton1
Yeah I did. 😋 Except it took me a while to post my thoughts. I'm a slow typer/thinker 😋

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 12 August 2011 at 11:27 PM

@Zinny

I didn't mean to attack anyone./ I just meantb that we're supporting our site! 😊

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 12 August 2011 at 11:28 PM

I have nothing against buying CC, I'd just rather buy other things other than pixels. And @frosty you say "People just don't know how to keep their opinions to themselves." 0________________0 I HAS AN OPINION AND I ISH GOING TO SAY IT 😋 lol but really...The way I interpret it, it sounds like you're saying that if someone disagrees with this, they shouldn't say anything at all. Whether or not you meant it like this, the implication is still there, and i disagree.

Female
134 posts

zinny • 12 August 2011 at 11:29 PM

@crooton1
I understand that you had no intentions of "attacking" anyone. It's just that you started defending your "side" when no one was attacking it. 😋

Sides? I don't want Eggcave to split into sides just because of Cave Cash. 😋 Oh no!

Female
5,285 posts

glados • 12 August 2011 at 11:29 PM

Lol, once people start complaining the board's closed.
[headdesk]

Female
58 posts

the_cattery • 12 August 2011 at 11:34 PM

While it appears that the original post has been taken down so that I can't form a response based on that, I do have to say that I don't mind spending a little money here and there on CC because I feel it DOES help to keep the site free. I mean, I literally have no experience with making websites and keeping them up and running but I can't imagine it is a cheap task, so if the little money I spend every month on CC helps keep the site free to use for everyone, then I don't mind doing it.

I also have to admit that I am 25 years old, I have a full time job and get paid $13.30 an hour, and I have no kids - so all I have are my own bills and personal expenses. Ergo, I have the money to spend.

In addition to that, I feel that spending money on pixels is up to who has the money - it's like any other hobby - if you have the money to spend on it and you're not putting yourself in debt to do it, then why not? So long as you aren't rubbing it in someone else's face, I don't see a problem with it. I can't rightfully say stuff about people who spend money on WOW or Farm Town or those other games on Facebook, yeah?

Okay anyway, that was longer than I expected, but yeah, that's my opinion. 😊

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 12 August 2011 at 11:39 PM

@crooton1 Why do you take down the board as soon as someone disagrees? If you are going to post something like this, TBH you should stand by it. Or if you find you no longer support your idea, then at least say so 😸

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 12 August 2011 at 11:40 PM

@Lizardfeather

It's a bad idea. :/

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 12 August 2011 at 11:40 PM

bump 😋

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 12 August 2011 at 11:44 PM

@crooton1 ok 😋 just asking

Female
2,303 posts

metaphor • 12 August 2011 at 11:46 PM

Yeah, @the_cattery sums up how I feel about this subject pretty nicely.

I love virtual pet sites,egg cave in particular. I also love books and anything with birds, so naturally I tend to buy such things when I have money to spare. I also am one of those people who will play 50 bucks to go to Cedar Point for a day just to ride roller coasters, because I love them. However, some people have low tolerance for waiting in line or do not like big rides like that, and so therefore it would be a waste of money to them.

Same thing goes with CC to some degree. I don't agree that it is a waste of money altogether as it is a form of entertainment just like movie rental, video games, etc., but for people who aren't completely active here or who can obtain or already have what they want with in-game currency, then buying CC would seem unnecessary to them.

Female
1,050 posts

meg • 12 August 2011 at 11:48 PM

:/

Deleted • 12 August 2011 at 11:52 PM

its closed but im still going to post. for those who really love eggcave, spending a little on cc is worth it, because it makes you happy and gives you luxury. but if you it for power, then thats not such a great reason :/

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 13 August 2011 at 9:33 AM

If you think CC is a waste of money, don't by it.

CC's there for people who enjoy buying it.
It brings them joy~~

Hehe @joy 😈 xD

If you think it's too expensive, don't rant about it...just don't buy it, gosh.

978 posts

lwarlen • 13 August 2011 at 10:02 AM

Yeah, Having CC is nice