Adventure Time with Kookaburrah & Birdbrain [Entries Closed]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 20 March 2014 at 7:59 PM

@squijum01 71 and 75

Cato landed gently on the ground in front of the castle the last rays of sunlight left the sky. "Do not forget that the witch will protect it at all costs, since it is what keeps her alive," he continued. Silently, they began to enter the absolute darkness of the castle.

Meanwhile, unseen eyes were watching. "Back for my life source, eh?" She could not die now or ever. "Never." The whisper carried through the castle.

March 21:

73 and 77

Carefully they moved through the creaky, ruined castle. Cato silently walked with the two eggs next to his wings. The witch was watching, just like she always did. A whisper caught Cato's attention. "Never." He repeated the words. The two eggs couldn't hear it but Cato knew what it meant. It meant the witch would try to kill them all.

3,399 posts

bun • 22 March 2014 at 12:11 AM

@squijum01
74 and 78

The witch looked through her crystal ball. As she saw the trio crossing a small bridge, she lifted up her hands and murmured spells in an ancient language.

Without warning, the once strong and solid bridge started to shake violently. Pieces of stone fell off the structure, and cracks appeared in the between.

While the two eggs were frozen in fear, Cato, with his quick reflexes and mind, grabbed the two eggs in his talons, and took off, steering clear of the falling pieces of rock and onto the other side of the bridge.

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 22 March 2014 at 8:48 AM

@_black3333_
@takochu
@spiritkoi

I'm so sorry all that I have not been on top of things. As I mentioned to spiritkoi a couple of days ago school started back up and we're in the middle of getting things together for our wedding.

I'm making a spreadsheet of the postings and will announce the winners of the daily prizes shortly. Keep on writing! This story is growing into an epic tale and I am honored that you've kept sharing your storytelling gifts with me. 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 22 March 2014 at 10:42 AM

@squijum01 76 and 80

@cookiemonster You're missing out on the fun!

"What just happened!?" Kookaburrah asked, his voice laced with panic. Cato didn't stop to answer. He flew to the old throne room, where the flower was hidden. Slowly, he placed the eggs on the ground. "The witch is coming." Cato could feel it. In front of them was a beautiful golden lily, but it only had two petals left.

3,399 posts

bun • 22 March 2014 at 3:45 PM

@squijum01
78 and 82

The two eggs stared at the beautiful flower. The petals glowed in the dim light, giving off a ghostly aura. The flower was planted on a little pile of dirt on the ground. Surrounding it was a mysterious circle etched into the stone around it, with strange symbols that were unknown to both eggs, and even Cato. The circle had not been there before.

"Let's see what you can do about my little trick.." murmured the witch to herself as she watched them.

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 22 March 2014 at 3:52 PM

@spiritkoi
Thanks for the ping! ❤ī¸ I forgot to subscribe to the topic! XD

@squijum01
77 and 81

The trio approached the beautiful flower. "Mission accomplished!" Birdbrain exclaimed. Just as the egg was going to grab the lily, the witch swooped into the room like a ghost coming out from the shadows of the dead. "NEVER!!!!!" she shreaked. Her scream was ear-splitting! "Ahh!!!!" the eggs yelled. Surprisingly, the scream didn't affect Cato at all! He put his wings tight against his body and dove straight at the witch...

Edit~
@_black3333_
You finished writing before I could... DX
Now I have to write all over again XD

"That's one beautiful flower and all, but how are we supposed to get to it?!" Birdbrain said in disgust.
"I don't know, but we can't go directly into the circle. It would be too risky," said Cato.
"Wait a minute!" exclaimed Kookaburah. "I've seen those symbols before!"
"What?! Where?" Cato said confused. "Ahh! Your memory is partially coming back! Where did you see the symbols?"
"My grandfather! He studied them!" Kookaburah said ecstatically.
"Well we don't have time to get your grandfather now!"
They all thought hard. What in the world could those symbols mean?!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 23 March 2014 at 3:16 PM

@squijum01 79 and 83

Suddenly, the symbols began to glow a brilliant black. The witch cackled. "You'll never get my life!" She screeched. The castle began to shake as stones fell. "Look out!" Cato grabbed the eggs before they could be crushed. They saw a blur of black and the flower was gone. The witch had taken the Drop of Sun. Cato growled in frustration. He took the eggs outside of the crumbling castle. Once safely out he took the Book of Healing out of his bag. Maybe this has something to say about those symbols....

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 23 March 2014 at 5:37 PM

@squijum01
80 and 84

Cato searched through the whole book, all the way to the index. Nothing. In frustration and anger, he through the book to the ground.
"I'm sorry I couldn't help get your memories back," Cato murmured. "But maybe my friend can help!"
Cato whistled so loudly, the eggs thought they were gonna go deaf!
An adult, female Olimpt jumped up onto the edge of a high rock.
"Looks like you could use my assistance again," the Olimpt smiled.
"Long time no see Kaila," exclaimed Cato...

3,399 posts

bun • 23 March 2014 at 11:02 PM

@cookiemonster
I'm sorry! D:

xDDDD

@squijum01
82 and 86

"So what do ya need?" Kaila said as she calmly licked her paw.

"These two eggs lost their memories by staring into that lake! We tried to get the drops, but the witch is trying something new. I can't find anything about what she's done," exclaimed Cato in frustration.

"Not this again Cato!" Kaila purred with sarcasm. "This'll be fun. So what's she doing?"

Cato and the eggs explained the circle around the egg, and Kaila's face slowly turned into a horrified look.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 25 March 2014 at 2:52 PM

@squijum01 Oops I forgot yesterday! D:
86 and 90

Kaila thought quickly. This must mean that the witch is using the Ancient Dark Magik. She frowned in frustration. "I thought I got rid of all those books..." She said quietly. I guess they'll need my brand of Magik to get the little eggs their memories back...

3,399 posts

bun • 25 March 2014 at 10:23 PM

@squijum01
90 and 93

Kaila switched into a serious attitude. "This is a very dangerous magik (That's how you wanted it spelled right? xD ) that the witch is using. She must really want to protect her flower to have to resort to something like this."

The two eggs shivered in their shells. This didn't seem very pleasant, not at all.

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 25 March 2014 at 10:27 PM

@squijum01
89 and 92

Cato, with his amazing hearing, heard what Kaila had whispered to herself. "You've been to the Catracin Castle in the mountains..." Cato said in a worried voice. "You know you aren't supposed to go there!" Cato yelled at her angrily.
"I know... But we both know how dangerous he was!" Kaila growled. "He would have destroyed everything in Ark!" Kaila raged.
"Egglings, the Ancient Dark Magik is the most dangerous magik ever known to have existed. It was controlled by the most ferocious leader in the history of Ark. The circle and symbols that you saw were that magik."
Kaila turned to Cato. "I don't understand how the witch could have known and learned the Ancient Dark Magi," they pondered on...

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 26 March 2014 at 6:39 AM

@_black3333_
@takochu
@spiritkoi
@cookiemonster

I'm sorry all, but I chose a REALLY bad time to start a contest. I thought I could juggle my time easily, but between work, testing, wedding planning, and play rehearsals.... it's proving to be too difficult. ☚ī¸

I'm closing the contest early. Daily Travel Prizes will still be awarded and of course the drawing for the CSP egg.

I'm so sorry all. Your storytelling skills are amazing! I've really enjoyed watching the story grow since this contest started.

Prizes will be awarded tonight when I get home from work.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 26 March 2014 at 2:36 PM

@squijum01 Awww, this was just getting good! ☚ī¸

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 27 March 2014 at 9:58 PM

@squijum01
I think we all understand! ❤ī¸ Again, it was a wonderful contest to be a part of! 😸
Good luck in RL! 😊

3,399 posts

bun • 27 March 2014 at 10:04 PM

@squijum01
Aw, it really can be hard trying to juggle time. :c You should always put real life before online life though. ^-^

It was really fun to write this! ^-^ Thanks for the contest. 😸

Good luck in RL as well! ^-^

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 30 March 2014 at 4:16 PM

@squijum01
Umm... did you do the raffle yet? sorry ta bug ya! ^^'

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 30 March 2014 at 4:53 PM

Seems like all I'm doing is apologizing lately. ☚ī¸

Sorry for the wait! Winner of the grand prize CSP creature is....

*drum roll*

@spiritkoi
Congrats! You can choose a CSP Egg from the shop! I also have 7 travels that will come your way. 😊

@_black3333_
I have 4 travels that will come your way.

@cookiemonster
I have 3 travels that will your way.

Below is a current list of travels I have. Take a look and let me know what you'd like sent your way. Also for your participation and patience I'm sending an extra special unobtainable travel to you.

Thank you and hopefully I can host another one of these once my wedding is over. 😊

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Frozen Lake Under the Blue Sky x5
Lucky Dart Game x2
The Observatory
Candy Store x2
Pink Icy Forest x19
Romantic Dinner
Large Library x3
Evening Boat Ride x7
Khione Igloo x5
Flower Cart x9
Bag Pipes x4
Blushing Jungle Flower
The Grand Halls
Winter Moonlight x2
Northern Moonset x11
Snow Fortress x9
Southern Crystal Caves x4
Cozy Fireplace x4

And a whole lot more. These are just the newest to newish released travels I have. If you're looking for something older that isn't retired I'll most likely have it. 😊

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 30 March 2014 at 4:57 PM

@squijum01 Oh, me? 😃 Thank you! ❤ī¸ Would it be okay for you to wait until April 1 for the CSP? ^^ Thank you again!!

For the travels do you have any of those water travels? Just want to know. 😋 If not could I have The Observatory, The Grand Halls, Lucky Horse Shoe, and you can choose the rest. 😊 Thank you!!! ❤ī¸ ❤ī¸

3,399 posts

bun • 30 March 2014 at 5:04 PM

@squijum01
Congrats! ^-^

Could I have a Lucky Clover Field, Lucky Horse Shoe, Romantic Dinner, and The Observatory? 😸

Congrats in the wedding by the way! 8D

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 30 March 2014 at 5:07 PM

@spiritkoi

No water travels sadly. With the new way they're stocking travels it's difficult obtaining new ones for my collection. 😋
You can absolutely wait until April 1st. Just let me know which creature captures your fancy. Sending travels your way!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 30 March 2014 at 5:08 PM

@squijum01 Okay! Thank you! ^^

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 30 March 2014 at 5:13 PM

@_black3333_
Travels sent your way! Thanks for playing and for the wedding congratulations. XD

3,399 posts

bun • 30 March 2014 at 5:23 PM

@squijum01
Oh wow, thank you so much for that extra travel! o:

Female
515 posts

squijum01 • 30 March 2014 at 5:24 PM

@_black3333_
You bet! ^-^

1,696 posts

cookiemonster • 30 March 2014 at 6:22 PM

@squijum01