A Basic Guide to Creating an Opening Roleplay Post

in Roleplaying

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 28 March 2011 at 8:33 PM

OK so I've seen a lot of really short paragraph roleplay's, and they are irking me. 😋 Not that there's anything wrong with them, but I thought I'd throw in a few tips concerning how to govern and regulate your roleplay, for those of you who haven't tried it before.

The Opening Post:

This is arguably the most important, and should give a clear description of what your roleplay is about. Here are some things you should definitely include:

-Setting: Where does it take place or start out?

-Plot: What are you going to do in this? Be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY informative because a lot of people have no idea what to do unless you tell them. "Wolf RP" is NOT a plot description. "The Nighthunters are attacking innocent wolves, and you can side with them or try to stop them" is a very BASIC, but better plot description.

-Rules: to prevent anything you don't want happening

-Characters: at least a name and description of everyone who's playing's characters. It helps keep it organized 😊 Something like this:

Username:
Character name:
Description:

-Updates:
A brief summary of what's happening, it's good if someone wants to join and needs to know what's happening 😊

Those are they VERY basics to get people going on your ROLEPLAY 😃

NOTE: Roleplay=RP, easier to type 😊
See this thread for info on roleplaying itself: http://new.eggcave.com/forums/topic/600/

Post down here if I should add something 😊
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Deleted • 29 March 2011 at 8:15 PM

Well said, lizard. I see all these abandoned topic because they HAVE NO PLOT! They say,
"Wolf RP"
oh hey guys your a wolf just fill out this forum and whatever you live in a forest with lots of rabbits. Here's something better:
"Silver Moon Wolves - Make friends, hunt for your pack, and live up to the moon!"
Story:
You are a lone wolf, kicked out of your old pack by your alpha. Now you must regain your reputation as you live a new life as a Silver Moon Wolf.... Are you up to the challenge?
Setting:
You are in a deep forest with a silvery, tall mountain. A waterfall runs down one side into a crystal lake.
Plot:
You're a wolf trying to meet new friends and be the best pack member ever!
Ranks:
Alpha Male: yadada
Alpha Female: yadada

Beta Male:
Beta Fea:

Gamma:
Gamma:

Hunters:
Fighters:
ETC.

Forms:
Name:
Looks:
ETC.

seriously people, it's not that hard.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 5 June 2011 at 1:01 PM

I'm posting to get this topic to the top 😋

Deleted • 6 June 2011 at 10:30 PM

Please try to bump both topics ^^

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 14 June 2011 at 7:35 PM

BUMP

3,490 posts

skylark • 19 June 2011 at 5:27 PM

Bump! ^^
btw, both topics are INCREDIBLY helpful. now i just need find a roleplay to put it to use. ty! 😊

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 20 June 2011 at 10:03 AM

BUMP!!!!! I'm sad that all of these topics will be wiped once V2 comes out ☚ī¸

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 1 July 2011 at 4:44 PM

SORRY GUYS, 😋 i abandoned mai pointless rpg ._. cuz of teh above reasons~