What do you think about the Storcrane?

Female
462 posts

megadash • 14 May 2014 at 6:45 PM

#creaturesuggestion
#MegadashOriginal

Name: Storcrane
Picture: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j305/Megadash/EggCave/Storcrane.png

Special Note: I was just doodling and I created this creature. Since there is really only one mechanical creature, I thought that I'd introduce the possibility of another. Enjoy!

About Storcrane Eggs:

The hard metal shell of the egg contains the components to your own Do-It-Yourself creature!
** Some assembly required **

More About the Storcrane:

It's been said at times that there really are only two seasons: Winter…and Road Construction.

When a radio signal is released from the egg, its owner then unscrews the shell and assembles the contents to form the young creature within. These small robots are primarily used for construction worker to communicate with each other. Other than that, the young are mostly useless at a site.

While scientists are still unsure as to how the creatures grow, once fully grown, the Storcrane is a priceless commodity on a work site. They are used to dig and cover holes, carry heavy loads, direct traffic, and any other task that you could need on the job. There is, however, one huge flaw: Storcrane can't turn their heads, so you must never approach it from behind.

Storcrane are completely artificial creatures and do not exist outside of Ark City. They require regular maintenance to run at maximum efficiency, but regulations regarding their release are very strict. Feral Storcrane have been known to destroy local ecosystems when released without a task to accomplish. The destruction will continue until the creature powers down or is captured and demolished. When retired from work, Storcrane must be dismantled and scrapped to prevent this.

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 14 May 2014 at 7:00 PM

@megadash I hope this gets made!

452 posts

xxxmahiruxxx • 15 May 2014 at 2:14 AM

This is a really interesting creature concept 😊

I like how it's more of a robotic type of creature and not an animal like those found in real life 😸

Female
462 posts

megadash • 15 May 2014 at 11:16 PM

Originally, I wasn't going to submit it because…well, let's face it. People may say that they want originality, but we are always drawn to the familiar. Just look at Pokémon. But once I colored it, I just HAD to give it a go.