Ugg. -.- Any Advice?

in Chit-Chat

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 18 August 2011 at 12:27 PM

Okay, so, I'm starting sixth grade in 19-20 days. And I'm pretty panicked. Cuz that's starting middle school too. So I have a few questions for people -.-

Let's just say, I write, A LOT, but my handwriting fails. -.- Is there any way I can improve it quickly without using one of those stupid books or something?

Do you have ANY other advice, in ANY subjects in sixth grade, or in sixth grade conversation? Like schedules, teahcers, not getting detention...? xD And which subjects you thought were best+worst with your opinions? Because I' confuzled D':

Female
4,232 posts

meixiaotian • 18 August 2011 at 12:28 PM

bump
I'm scared too.

Female
2,578 posts

sotheavey • 18 August 2011 at 12:32 PM

I don't know about handwriting.. xD

My favorite subjects were History, Orchestra (Well arent I a nerd), Physical Ed. & Language Arts. Depends on your teachers and how they are teaching you..

Good luck in Middle School!

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 18 August 2011 at 12:33 PM

bump Im scared too im also starting 6th grade next week 0.0

Female
2,578 posts

sotheavey • 18 August 2011 at 12:35 PM

i seriously forgot when i start school XD

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 18 August 2011 at 12:39 PM

@dreamer

Well, if you wanted to improve your handwriting, you should've started practicing at the BEGINNING of summer. x]

Anyhoo, just write slowly and take your time when you do homework (that invloved writing). Also, I've never got detention. You don't really get detention at my school - unless you really push it. x3 So you just have to know the limits. ;]

My favorite subjects are Math & Orchestra /nerd/

Schedules: Not that hard. Try to memorize yours before school starts, it'll be much easier for you, trust me. ;D

Female
4,232 posts

meixiaotian • 18 August 2011 at 12:39 PM

Bump

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 18 August 2011 at 12:42 PM

bump Im scared too im also starting 6th grade next week 0.0

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 18 August 2011 at 12:43 PM

People freak out, but middle school's REALLY fun. It's more independent, compared to elementary school, where you have to walk single filed behind your teacher and not talk and the same kids in every single class.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 18 August 2011 at 12:44 PM

You'll be fine 0_0 That's all you need to know xD

TBH it's not really a big deal 😋

1,655 posts

chatial • 18 August 2011 at 12:45 PM

Your handwriting is pretty much who you are until you become older and devoulp it.
I get told all the time my handwriting looks like graffiti, but I can't help it...
Middle school is lame.
Just dont act crazy or run to your classes. (seriously)
You should be fine

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 18 August 2011 at 12:48 PM

@Whitefall IKR?! -.- They kept saying in elementary to stay in line and be quiet. Like, what's the point if you don't do that in middle or high school? o.O

My handwriting has failed for years! My THIRD grade teachr was telling me I should improve it. And that was YEARRRSSSS ago. And I can't take my time. It already takes me long enough to do my homework. And one time I wrote a story and tried to make everythign neat. It took like 3 times as long. -.- I jsut want better writing because when we get assigned some sort of writing I ALWAYSSSSSS make the stories WAYYYY too long. I can't cramp it all into 3 pieces of paper. So I end up with like 7. xD

@Chatial I never run at school. xD I should be good. Although, I'm not a very athletic person, and this one kid on my street said we have to run a mile. Which seems like a lot. But IDKKKKK. D;

Female
5,285 posts

glados • 18 August 2011 at 12:50 PM

MIddle school is extremely fun, I miss it. T-T

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 18 August 2011 at 12:50 PM

@dreamer

Write smaller! The older you get, the better your handwriting gets (usually xD).

Teachers said my handrwriting was so good that they needed to invite me over to write messages from their Christmas cards. 😋

EDIT: Write a paragraph about EggCave or whatever and send me a pic, I wanna see it.

1,655 posts

chatial • 18 August 2011 at 12:54 PM

@glados
Your crazy.
Middle school was awful.
For me at least and where I live.

@dreamer
Why dont you just practice practice practice?
Writing is fun anyways.
The more you do it, you'll see improvement.

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 18 August 2011 at 12:54 PM

*Pip can barely remember 6th grade* So many years ago... 😋

Female
5,285 posts

glados • 18 August 2011 at 12:55 PM

@chatial
Ah, I met my best friend in middle school. 😋
We go to different schools now.
But high school. The HOMEWORK. ;-;

1,655 posts

chatial • 18 August 2011 at 12:57 PM

@glados
Oh. Hmmm.
I met my best friends in 5th, who's over at my house as I type(x
And we go to different schools now /:
And, I don't do my homework do I wouldn't know...

Female
1,170 posts

lizkissz131 • 18 August 2011 at 12:57 PM

Wow I feel for you. But in my city we start in FIFTH grade. So, I'm starting this year. The only class I have in the sixth hall is math. So, that's the only time I see kids older than me.

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 18 August 2011 at 12:58 PM

@Chatial I guess I could. The thing is, I write ALL THE TIME. For years, teachers are saying tha I'm liek the best writer in the class. All you have to do is assign me something to write about, then I write it and can't stop. O_O It was like that all through 4th and 5th grade, writing SOOOO much, and getting so many writing assignments BECAUSE of my ability to write. And my teachers all saying I should be an author. X3 Not just trying to make a kid feel good. They really meant it. Although, I'm concerned because I HAVE been seeing some of my teachers struggle to read my work. And I have great writing skills, and I want people to SEE them... Like, literally. xD mean, I guess my handwriting has improved 3-fold from when I was in 1st grade. Like, 5 or 6 years ago. xD But I seriously want to improve it now-- I wanna start clean in middle school. Because I was a fail in elementary, and I wanna be better. X3 I think handwriting is a start. That's probably one of the main things I'm worried about on that account.

I already ahve typing down: I don't type normally, with both hands in a certain position, I type with like one and a half of my hands, 3 of my fingers never on the keyboard, and I type very fast. I make a few errors, but they're easy to edit. People stared in awe at my fast typing last year. But my WRITING? MAJOR imporovement needed.

Female
5,285 posts

glados • 18 August 2011 at 12:59 PM

@chatial
Tell your friend I say hi!! (x
You know, you should start doing your homework. It really helps get you to a good college. xD

Female
4,232 posts

meixiaotian • 18 August 2011 at 1:01 PM

bump

1,655 posts

chatial • 18 August 2011 at 1:02 PM

@dreamer
Oh... Well, /:
Like I was saying, my handwriting can get pretty sloppy since people refer to it as graffiti.
I dont think its very easy at all to change your handwriting at all.
There was this dyslexic boy in my class last year.
Coolest guy every, junior.
But his handwriting was so awful and he couldn't do anything about it, poor kid.
Teachers would make him go back home to type it out for them.
At least you're not that bad

@glados
Nah, I'm good. Shes half awake. Haha
And I know...
I'm going to this year.
I'm using health online and doing math for summer school next summer to get ahead and make up credits

Female
1,170 posts

lizkissz131 • 18 August 2011 at 1:04 PM

@dreamer WOW! That's me in math and science and history! Oh and reading. People abousulty love me story telling skills and my imagenation I'm just got to get my spelling right! And just like you Io want to start out clean. And last year Iwas the main prey! I'm not going to be that this year. I hope.

Female
102 posts

blaze4ever12 • 18 August 2011 at 1:06 PM

Heh, sixth grade was really fun for me. < 3 That was only two years ago too. xD *going to eighth grade currently, in two weeks* But yeah, more or less, your writing improves with age, so it's nothin' big. I remember my writing in sixth, and day-um, it was awful. xD;

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 18 August 2011 at 1:06 PM

@dreamer I'm starting 6th too. O.O

3,562 posts

cafe • 18 August 2011 at 1:07 PM

//Actually hated middle school// But that's cause my bullies from elm went to my middle and I was still a target ;[

Anywhos - Middle wasn't hard for me, academic wise. Though my spelling is atrocious D;

I've been working on my hand writting. It's really sloppy. I like my moms, so to work on mine she wrote her ABCs down a lined paper, had my dad copy it at work, and I try to copy hers.

[Her A] Copy that A. Copy that A. Copy that A
[Her B] Copy that B. Copy that B. Copy that B.
[Her C] Copy that C. Copy that C. Copy that C.
[Etc etc]

Though my teachers took points off for me- cause my A's looked like little c's with a weird..hump..thingies. Cause they never closed fully.

Female
1,170 posts

lizkissz131 • 18 August 2011 at 1:11 PM

@cafe you were still a target! Please don't scare me! i start middle shcool early and all four schools go with me! EPPP!

3,562 posts

cafe • 18 August 2011 at 1:15 PM

@lizkissz131

I was very awkward and naive in middle. I kept trying to be everyone's friend and made myself the target so they'd leave my mentally slow brother [Touch of autism, and aspergers] and it backfired

But, I'd rather be picked on than my brother

Female
1,170 posts

lizkissz131 • 18 August 2011 at 1:16 PM

Oh, see I'm the girl who when i stood up for myself I got stabbed i the hand with pencil. And yes I have a mark!