*^*Sugar and Spice Quiz. PRIZES*^*deadline moved to 15.07

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 6 July 2014 at 12:53 PM

Ok. I decided to make small quiz about Sweet things and Spice.
This one the first but not the last.As i hope to make them once a month if there'll be interest.
RULES. There will be ONE PRIZE FOR ONE WiNNER.
1.FIRST person who'll give CORRECT answers ALL the questions wins.
2.You could only PM answers and I'll announce here the winner's name and correct answers as soon as they will be.
3.No begging!If you beg you don't participate.
4.Answers have to be MORE than ONE word.
5.The contest ends as soon as answers given but not later than 15.07.14<-that's deadline.
6.The prize of this contest Punbundu (first stage) + one of recent travels+retired LE (this year's) of your choice.
Here we go!
1.How do you make invert syrup?
2.Why shouldn't you overheat the chocolate while melting it?
3.What is marzipan?
4.What is melange?
5.What's the difference between icing and frosting?
6.What cookies are used in desserts like Tiramisu?
7.Is it allowed to boil the honey?Why?
8.What is blind cooking referred to?
9.What spice is called "Allspice"?
10.What is Saffron?What is the most common usage of it?
11.Leaves of what herb are used in pesto sauce?
12.What spice should never be used with the Rosemary?
13.What spices are used in gingerbread?
14.Where could you use Lavender in cooking?
15.What is paprika?
16.Name three spices you can put in coffee to improve its taste.

P.S. You can ask ONE question via MAIL but I give no warranty you'll receive the answer you want.
P.P.S. Found mistake?Ping me and I'll send you a travel( I've made some on purpose).
Pings:
@novrain62
@whereiscupcake
@dustypinkdragon
@ugena
@momokie

Gender Fluid
2,098 posts

appleblizzard • 6 July 2014 at 1:23 PM

@kirkyo found three: Q.8 = u put refere insted of refered.
Q.12 be never needs to be changed to never be.
Q. 16 u spelt coffee worng.

Female
1,083 posts

bang14982 • 6 July 2014 at 1:35 PM

@kiryko
I think in question #2 instead of "why you shouldn't" it's "why shouldn't you".

Question #11 the word sauce is spelled wrong.

At question #16 there should be an "s" at the end of the word spice and I think instead of "it's taste" it should be "its taste".

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 6 July 2014 at 1:37 PM

@appleblizzard sent you travels and corrected mistakes❤️
@bang14982 See no mistake in the word "sauce". Checked in the dictionary twice. But sent you third travel anyway. 😊Enjoy it❤️

Female
1,083 posts

bang14982 • 6 July 2014 at 1:50 PM

@kiryko
Are you sure "sause" is a word?
Thanks for the Travels 😊

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 6 July 2014 at 1:55 PM

@bang14982 Hey you are right !Sorry I'm not attentive☹️And arguing XD one more for you ❤️

Female
1,083 posts

bang14982 • 6 July 2014 at 2:01 PM

@kiryko
Thanks.
Also, in the second rule the word correct is misspelled. It shouldn't be "coreect".

Rule #4 there should be an "s" at the end of the word answer. And the word "then" should be spelled "than".

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 6 July 2014 at 2:11 PM

@bang14982 Sent. You should work as editor❤️

9 posts

ankylos • 6 July 2014 at 2:17 PM

@kiryko

In question 8, referred is spelled wrong.

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 6 July 2014 at 2:21 PM

@ankylos Sent ❤️

Female
1,083 posts

bang14982 • 6 July 2014 at 3:35 PM

@kiryko
In the word "WiNNER" the "i" should be in capital too, just like the rest of the word.

Rule #5, the word "then" should be spelled like "than".

In rule #6 it should be "of your choice", not "on your choice".

In the P.S. you spelled receive wrong. It shouldn't be "receve".

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 7 July 2014 at 3:59 AM

So I looked again at the last question and I'm sorry guys-my mistake. The answer is Bay Leaf. BUT We have different cooking traditions and things that not acceptable in our country is nice for others. Hey!I've even found recipe of rosemary and bay leaf candies. Never tried- maybe there's something interesting in their taste.
It was difficult to chose the winner. Really. But so far here is answers.
1. An inverted syrup can be made by boiling equal parts of water and granulated sugar with a pinch of cream of tartar or lemon juice.
2.Overheating chocolate prevents it cooling properly and leave blackened cocoa particles.
3.It's a sweet, yellowish paste composed of ground almonds, sugar, and egg whites.
4.Melange is a type of mixture.( The type of mixture I've called melange all my life and we have in our cooking books is mixture of egg yolks and whites blended separately with sugat to white foam and then mixed together again. But that's our traditions. Your answers are correct anyway).
5.Frosting is thicker than icing. ( With all that comes from it)
6.Ladyfingers cookies
7.Boiling honey spoiles it taste,structure ( and this process make honey excrete cancerigenic substances so it's better not to eat overheated honey at all).
8.Another term for blind cooking is pre-baking and it refers to cooking a crust prior to adding a filling.
9.Allspice, also called Jamaica pepper, pepper, myrtle pepper, pimenta, pimento, English peppe or newspice, is the dried unripe fruit ("berries", used as a spice) of Pimenta dioica, a midcanopy tree native to the Greater Antilles, southern Mexico, and Central America, now cultivated in many warm parts of the world.
10.Saffron is composed of the red stigmas from the crocus flower, and it is used as the most expensive spice in the world. (It;s also very poisonous if you put too much. I won't post here amount- you can find it if you want -but it could even cause death.Safe dose 0.1 g. Or 1g dissolved in 120 ml warm water. This water you use in cooking).
11.Basi
12.Bay leaf (Although in other counries it's accepted in our it's believed this combination could spoil the taste of dish).
13.Coriander, mace, cardamom, star anise, allspice, and peppercorns, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg
14.Desserts and meat.
15.Paprika is a spice made from ground, dried fruits of the chili pepper.(We have sweet paprica too).
16.Cinnamon, nutmeg, chilly, cardamon, ginger

So far we have a winner it's @hendriks. Here is your prize Lot #494036. And go please to @koneko to chose the creature you want. I'm sending you travel.
@bang14982 You tried really hard so I won't leave you without prize too. You can also chose LE from my side.

107 posts

hendriks • 15 July 2014 at 1:37 PM

Jesus... I actually won something?! Wow... Thanks! I don't even... wow! I'm all konfonphrod - and yeah I'm claiming that's a word now. Thanks again!

Female
1,070 posts

kiryko • 15 July 2014 at 1:57 PM

@hendriks Offer on a lot?Any junk egg is good. Also feel free to chose creature from my side
@Orderedchaos The contest is over. Please lock the topic ❤️