Anyone reading/watching Tokyo ghoul? or :re/jack?

in Entertainment

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 December 2014 at 10:16 AM

Okay, I have finish reading Tokyo ghoul.
And I have so many speculations, that its driving me insane that I can't tell anyone about them.
A few of my speculations were confirmed.
Mostly about kanaki.

http://tokyoghoul.wikia.com/wiki/Kagune

~~~~SO SPOILER/RANT WARNING!~~~~
If you don't want to see spoilers/speculations/rants I suggest you just past this part.

I have many speculations

I have also debunked the speculation, that they are using kaneki's Kagune for the QS. (Quinx Squad)
(even though it debunked itself. 😋)

They have a Koukaku kagune and Kaneki has a Rinkaku kagune.

There kagune is also Yoshimura's kagune in bits an pieces. I beleave this because at the end of Tokyo ghoul, Yoshimura is in a containment unit. Just like how rize was when the containment unit when the doctor was doing experiments on her.
Also during the last battle in Tg we get to see Yoshimura's kagune in battle. and the QS have similar kagune to the manager.

I also have many spec's on what happen to hide.
And if he isn't dead like what every one is saying.

When kaneki was about to eat hide in the beginning he kinda blacked out and thought he ate hide, But he didn't. And I was thinking "what if something like that happened again?"
Hide was telling Kaneki, that its okay that they should just go home. Kaneki said or though that Hide could fight one last time then it kinda blacks out.
kaneki wakes up half disorientated, and see corps and or flowers in his vision. He also taste blood in his mouth.

My spec is that while Kaneki went after Hide. Kishou Arima Stepped in (like touka did,) and saved hide. While Kaneki passed out. Kishou Arima told hide to take refuge somewhere safe and away from kaneki.

Kishou Arima might have force fed kaneki some meat, while he was passed out so that he wasn't killing to much at random.

and every on who has read this part of the manga knows what happens to kaneki. He get mortally wounded.

In Tg:re Three years have passed,
And Saseki is the new protagonist, When I first saw sasaki's name I immediately assumed it was Kaneki. 😋

But when the serpent (nishiki) battles sasaki
sasake turns more like kaneki (With the amazing finger crack, he started doing after he was tortured at agori's.) after the match Sasake walks up to the serpent, after the serpent had said nostalgic things and "kaneki". Sasaki replies with "Nishio senpai?"
Then starts to freak out. Then he gets shot with RC depressants to keep him normal.

I think the reason why we don't see hide is that same reason.
Hide could be a trigger for kaneki and sasaki wouldn't be able to control himself. Just like with Nishki.

So hide has been given orders to stay away from the CCG that sasaki is at, so that the SS rank ghoul will not go on a rampage again.

If you have read this long goulfarsaken post, post what you think below. I would live to read your guys specolation

152 posts

whereiscupcake • 6 December 2014 at 3:52 PM

@dragonii I literally started watching the show 3 days ago thanks to a friend's recommendation (currently on episode 8 thanks to exam prep). However, I realised that manga>anime and the manga instead about an hour or so ago and am on chapter 17 at the moment.

Once I'm waaay further into it I'd love to discuss the points you brought up here~

Once my exams are over I'll be spending a lot more time on anime/manga, from the 21st to the 25th I'm basically just going to be watching this stuff 😃

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 December 2014 at 4:06 PM

@whereiscupcake I started watching it when it first came out. 😋

There are things that I wish the anime had added that would make since if they did add them.
The manga is 140Chp long so. which around 12-13 Volumes long.

I would love to discuss specs about Tg with you. ^-^

Ganbatte on your exams! (0)U(0)/

152 posts

whereiscupcake • 6 December 2014 at 4:30 PM

@dragonii Thank you~ The three next week are some of the worst (Two history, one Spanish), then a ten-hour art exam the following week- woohoo.

I really get what you meant in your first post about having all these awesome ideas and theories but no one to share them with. I could rant for hours on lots of animes/mangas/games but not a single person I find (even on the internet) has heard of them/haven't seen enough of the plot for me to talk with them without spoilers ;.;

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 December 2014 at 4:41 PM

@whereiscupcake Gwash And then they just boil and JUST GAAH. Just those moments were you want to sob cause no one understands. -heavy sighs-

If you read the spoiler/rant I hope I didn't ruin it for you. 😋

yep! ^w^ You exited for the art exam?

152 posts

whereiscupcake • 6 December 2014 at 5:22 PM

@dragonii Especially when your favourite dies/disappears/has a huge plot reveal (Sakura's death in Danganronpa...I just can't... ; 😉

No worries, I look up spoilers for shows on purpose- sometimes I just have to (i.e. I had suspicions Hide had been told about Kaneki being a ghoul after being brought to Anteiku after being knocked out by Nishiki (Not good at referencing points in time...)

I'm really excited~ Basically 10 hours of silent drawing to the best of my ability. I have study leave right now but I'm going in on Wednesday afternoon to finish prep. Yay pencils~!

Just realised that as a ghoul I would be stuffed because I cant stand coffee- even the smell of it. Oh dear.

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 December 2014 at 5:40 PM

@whereiscupcake Omg yes. ;^;
I beleave hide found out on his own. I think it was when he was eavesdropping on the manager and kaneki's conversation the day after the fight with Nishiki.

I have to say I love those characters that show respect even to those who have wronged them.

Think if ghouls were in on of those religions that don't really allow coffee to be drank. I guess they would be excused from that rule? idk.
I am sure we both would be on the doves 1# hit list. because I know I probably would make myself go mad with hunger. >: I like the smell of coffee but only that. :|

I can see a conversation between a mother and child ghoul starting out like this.
"But Humans are to cool to eat, mom." ;^; "plus they look look us." -Pokes dead human body-
"Omg Its dead so just eat it." -starting to get annoyed-
"But mom how do you know it might not be another ghoul. Isn't that cannibalism?" -starts to panic-
"it's cannibalism unless its another ghoul. so sto- wait how do you know the word cannibalism?"

Well at least you have something to look forward in the week. 😃

Female
1,813 posts

windchill • 6 December 2014 at 6:03 PM

@dragonii @whereiscupcake
lol just jumping in on your conversation...
YESSSS I'VE READ THE MANGA! AND WATCHED THE ANIME!!! 😈

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SECOND SEASON IN JANUARY!!!

XD

So, I've read Tokyo Ghoul, all caught up with Tokyo Ghoul: re and watched Tokyo Ghoul. Though I haven't read the oneshot or jack.

I really don't have too many people to talk about anime/manga/vocaliods...

1,558 posts

dragonii • 6 December 2014 at 6:28 PM

@windchill
I just need to finish Jack.

I have read the one shot
The only four that were in the One shot

Was the one who worked with suzuya (I cannot remember his name for the life of me. Q-Q)
Kaneki (Who was pitiful ghoul from the start I swear. xD You'll love him even more Going human to ghoul.)
touka and the manager. 😋

Touka was a little more like official kaneki in the One shot.

I haven't finished the anime yet. 😋
But I will soon. 😃

Female
1,813 posts

windchill • 7 December 2014 at 2:13 PM

@dragonii
What's Tokyo Ghoul Jack about anyways? I've looked at it through the site I read Manga on and all it said in the plot was a link to Tokyo Ghoul.

I think you mean Juuzyo Suzuya. The problem child right? He's my favourite character in the end of the Manga. The feels hit haaard. TT-TT
Now I'm considering reading the one shot...

The anime is tiny, it's only 12 episodes long and the manga has like 100+ chapters.
I don't know how many seasons there will be in the series... Next season comes out in January... I'm super hyped.

Do you like the opening to the anime though? It has a lot of meaning to those who've read the manga, do you agree?

1,558 posts

dragonii • 7 December 2014 at 3:39 PM

@windchill

It's a web comic made by ishida (the same author for tg/:re ) He did TG jack when he had time. he is a very devoted Mangaka. TGJ is a Web manga about Kishou Arima in his youth. the chapters are super long, and I am still on Chapter 2. xP

In the one shot it was his partner. (run's off to Tg wika) Yukinori Shinohara is who I was talking about. Its pretty short so I'm sure you can read it.
Yukinori had his death certificate ready since the beginning. 😋 But in the official manga it's just sad to hear. :{

-start of "problem child" point outs.-

Speaking of Suzuya, I was talking to my sister three days ago about Tg. and how one guy's action can affect a whole bunch of people.
Suzuya Was called The problem child because
1. He was raised with a abusive ghoul
and
2. He was framed for killing 10 dogs and 20 cats.
When he didn't even do anything to them.

If you remember, Yakumo Oomori brought up that he was tortured by a Dove that was unstable. He started doing the pointer finger crack after he was tortured.
And in suzuya's flash back he was walking out side in the middle of the night, when he saw one of the ccg orphanage bored member, covered in animal blood and next to a dead hung cat. (Thats just sad though. Q-Q)
He saw suzuya and said "Don't tell anyone about this." Then he cracked his finger like kaneki and yakumo.

Suzuya was pined for this because the CCG orphanage bored members, didn't want anyone to know that there was mentally unstable guy with them in the bored.

So yeah, the mentally unstable bored member tortured Yakumo, who then after figuring out how to escape. by thinking the same way as the unstable CCG dude and then killed him he then tortured other Ghouls till death.
Kaneki was his last tortured victim, who then killed Yakumo and now crack's his finger when he is going to kill Some one or plans to.
-End of "problem child" point outs.-

Random hopes here, but I am hoping that Arima let sasaki live because he does care for him. :X since kaneki attacked Arima, (and when totally mental) he had full rights to end kaneki but he didn't. and raised him for 3 years as sasaki. they seem to have a close relation ship and I am hoping that he isn't planning on stabbing sasaki in the back. (I am getting tired of anime/manga who have a really nice character, that are only there to be ultimate bad guy. :T)

The fist season of the anime only goes up to chapter 60 I believe. So I think Season 2 is going to be around 120-ish.

I do like the opening. ❤️
Its does have a lot of meaning to the characters. especially Kaneki. It brings up a lot of things that kaneki has gone though.

I swear when I first started watching Tg I saw kaneki with his white hair and I was like "Shion?" Shion is from No. 6.

Female
1,813 posts

windchill • 7 December 2014 at 9:31 PM

@dragonii
Oh so that's what Tokyo Ghoul Jack is... and that's why there are so little amount of chapters.

I'm pretty sure he was called the problem child for both reasons. I just call him the problem child when I forget how to spell his name correctly. (totally doesn't google him up for correct spelling right this very moment)
But I thought he was raised by a gourmet ghoul and he was a scapper. I loved how in the manga (and I also think the anime) how they called him "more ghoulish than a ghoul." Due to his violent behavior.
And lol, the finger crack, I think I remember him doing that. But the finger crack wasn't his trade mark like Kaneki.
So Juuzou Suzuya is a preeety twisted character, and for more than one reason.

Yes and speaking of chapter nine coming out... I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR IT [yeep]. I'm constantly checking the site I read manga on for the update... the pain is unbearable. :'(

If it were to be that long I'm pretty sure it wouldn't just be another season... If all the other seasons would to be as long as the first one than it would be like 5-6 seasons more. Since the first season covered, I think 20-ish chapters.

The opening is preeety awesome. I like psychological anime openings. But I shouldn't say that because I've only watched like, 2 psychological anime series. XD (Tokyo Ghoul and Psycho-Pass) I like both openings because both are made by the same artist: tk from ling tosite sigure

At the end of the opening I would be like: "who is that with the white hair???" Then a list of white haired anime characters pop up in my head. "no not that..."

1,558 posts

dragonii • 7 December 2014 at 10:15 PM

@windchill That are so friggen long. x)w(x

The invetagater/board member, yakumo and kaneki all to the finger crack.
The finger crack started with the invetagater/board member. And the ripple affect caused a crazy SS ranked ghoul. 😋

I guess we can all say we have learned that our actions and cause ripple affects (My sisters are talking about torture and courtesy as I write this. xD)

I believe suzuya was called Problem child because he was raised by madam. and he kept skipping classes and what not. He didn't care about the class and he seemed a little insensitive. And the name added even more to him after he was framed for killing the animals.

Suzuya didn't work for gourmet (tsukiyama) but, he did work for a female ghoul named madam, who used to own the place.

I felt so sad when suzuya was talking about how he couldn't handle it for the first 3 days to a week with out vomiting and having nightmares.

Yeah, he kept braking the rule "Don't harm more than needed." 16 - 2 somewhere in the CCG rules.

That's one rule sasaki always follows.

No, I'm sure it was about 60 chapters in, because aogiri wasn't added till almost 40-50 chapters in.

You and me both sister, you and me both. x|
I have been checking rapidly to see if it has updated. it should be updated tomorrow if ishida is like tite and is doing weekly's.

18 posts

haruhi78 • 24 January 2015 at 12:35 PM

I love tokyo ghoul! Protect kaneki!!

1,558 posts

dragonii • 31 January 2015 at 7:19 AM

@haruhi78 I feel that we should both protect kaneki and be protected from Kaneki. but that's just me.

@windchill @whereiscupcake I just made a realization...
In the end of the manga So after white hair Kaneki kinda came to his own mental world, there was a little black haired Kaneki, If I remember he was around the age of 12. but there was 2 kaneki's in his head.
I was thinking what if the more human Kaneki is sasaki, that's why in tg re: kaneki acted a lot like our dear hollow friend from bleach. (Hichigo, ogichi or shiro zangestu) and Sasaki had the mental brake down.