TOO MANY ROLEPLAYS

in General

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 24 August 2011 at 7:18 PM

Sorry, just more ranting. >.< But seriously, there are WAY too many rps going on. Like 5 new ones pop up every day, and if people liek them they DOMINATE the livepulse. I can click a few topics on livepulse with interesting titles, but then I see tht they're dang roleplays and it drives me OUT OF MY MIND. >.< I'm sorry, but can people please slow down a little bit with the roleplays? It makes me crazy.

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 24 August 2011 at 7:20 PM

LOL. Don't get mad at the roleplayers. I don't like roleplays either, but be nice to them. XD

Female
409 posts

lisa1321 • 24 August 2011 at 7:20 PM

@Dreamer I agree. I hate that. I like RP's but small ones with only a few friends that its not all out of control.

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 24 August 2011 at 7:22 PM

@Rosey77 Yeah, but that's not the point! >.< There are WAY too many rps. And they just take over livepulse. So like, if you post a topic looking for a certain creature in a trade, it ends up dying in like 5 minutes because of the roleplays.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 24 August 2011 at 7:24 PM

But that's an attraction 0_o People roleplay for fun, and new ones are created each day for fun, and varying the people whom you roleplay with. They take up the livepulse THEY ARE THE MOST POPULAR FORUM SECTION >.< If you take that out then it would be dead. Although it would be nice if you could do like a "trading livepulse" or something like that to filter in/out sections.

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 24 August 2011 at 7:28 PM

Sure. But the problem is, it's usually the same people who do roleplays, they create one roleplay, do some rping, then people start leaving. So they make ANOTHER topic, then MORE people make topics, so on and so on. There can be like 10 minutes without roleplays on livepulse and you think they're finally done till OoH! Looky! Another new rp! And then someone poasts! And another post! And another! Then before you know it, it's drowning the livepulse. >_< I tried to avoid it, but a few minutes ago I clicked on another topic, found out it was a roleplay, and I just completely lost it at that point.

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 24 August 2011 at 7:34 PM

I think it's good for role players to have a variety to choose from. ^^ I mean, the only one that really appeals to me is the one I made. xD What I don't like is when someone makes a ton of similar role plays and they all end up dying. 😋 But I wouldn't be upset because of all the successful role plays. :] I'm actually glad there are so many--it gives all the RPers a chance to find one they like.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 24 August 2011 at 7:36 PM

I think any Rp's in the livepulse shouldn't show off, they usually are non-eggcave related... Thus not showcasing off what our site is about.

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 24 August 2011 at 7:43 PM

@avelaingia

Yea, I LOVED foxes of Dark Elm Woods, but no one else would continue it so I didn't wanna be the only one part of it so I stopped. And I agree, there should be a livepulse for roleplays only.

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 24 August 2011 at 7:46 PM

@avelaingia

I would LOVE that, it was an AWESOME rp.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 24 August 2011 at 7:46 PM

there are some /serious/ rps though, like school for superheroes.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 24 August 2011 at 7:50 PM

Yes if people are abusing the thread-creating button to revive RPs that don't exist then it gets annoying :/ But I'm glad for the successfull RPs, that's hard to pull off on any site 😸

Deleted • 24 August 2011 at 7:57 PM

@dreamer i agree totally

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 August 2011 at 7:58 PM

Yar. As what redfire77 says, there are serious Rps as well as serious roleplayers. How else could have School for Superheroes survive for such a long time?
You can't really lump all of them together either...

And to slow down on the Roleplay... that's kind of a wierd thing to say in my opinion. I mean, a roleplay is meant to keep moving forward, not slow down... o_O

And I agree with lizardfeather. I mean if it died, then it died and was most likely unsuccessful. No point in trying to keep bringing it back all the time...

Female
4,232 posts

meixiaotian • 24 August 2011 at 8:00 PM

i kind of disagree. Almost all of them die. We need more...

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 24 August 2011 at 8:02 PM

I agree with @icymuffin. 😊

Female
4,232 posts

meixiaotian • 24 August 2011 at 8:03 PM

reviving can be ignored. I've tried...

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 24 August 2011 at 8:04 PM

@meixiaotian

More successful ones, not just one where you randomly make everyday and last only a few pages.
Ones where it's actually thought out and many people can relate to, if you know what I mean...

But that's just my personal opinion...

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 24 August 2011 at 8:04 PM

I think eggcave Rp's are fun, they help you become even more connected to your pets. But they can be serious, they almost always die though :/

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 24 August 2011 at 8:04 PM

*facepalm* Just... *headdesk*

What I'm saying: YES, there are some serious rps and rpers. YES, rps are supposed to keep going if they're succesful. THE THING IS: If a roleplay dies, people make MORE topics. And it crowds the livepulse, so there's nothing else for people to see. I'm not saying you should just abandon an rp that's very successful. But people need to kinda stop making new topics if they're already involved in a few roleplays. See how many abandoned rps are in the roleplay section? Most roleplays are created, cover the livepulse for day or two, then people stop posting. So a bunch of people make NEW topics, that crowd livepulse then die, then more topics come up, etc. And a few topics I've seen end up with either: Only 2 people, or some just end up arguing. Also, a bunch of people join rps who aren't very serious, and people complain about them. And then some people make private rps, and others feel excluded.
Also, let's think about bumps: People bump topics to bring them back to livepulse. People make tons of topics complainging about bumps. If there weren't so many dang roleplays, there would be no need for so many bumps! >.< Seriously!

Just my opinion. :/

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 24 August 2011 at 8:07 PM

@dreamer but if all the people of a roleplay are on at once they are GOING to crowd the livepulse because that's how they are... if there was just a filter it would be fine 😸

@avelaingia NO I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT YOU xD REVIVE YOUR ROLEPLAY

Male
1,801 posts

cirrus • 24 August 2011 at 8:10 PM

@avelaingia

Ok, I'll go now.

Female
4,232 posts

meixiaotian • 24 August 2011 at 8:14 PM

When i bump, no one has really cared, and I've already done mine...

Female
696 posts

lillia • 24 August 2011 at 8:18 PM

I think, to make both of opinion be fair,*because arguing only can't solve anything*
they should be two forum live plus.
One for RP and non egg cave related topic
One for egg cave related topic
Like @avelaingia said before.
Than everything should go fine.

1,655 posts

chatial • 24 August 2011 at 8:19 PM

I think that forum should be taken out of the live pulse.
But I don't really care if people make more and more Roleplays, its fun.

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 24 August 2011 at 8:28 PM

Guys deal with the roleplay, just don't get involved if a topic makes you so mad. It's just a topic!