Pokémon - Itchy Itchy

in Roleplaying

This is the first RP I've made in a long time; are you interested?

1,242 posts

bot • 5 July 2016 at 12:02 PM

New RP: Pokémon - Itchy Itchy. A strange disease is spreading throughout the area and it's up to you to stop it.

This is the first RP I've made in a long time, so I apologize if it's confusing at all. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

This RP can be easily accessed through the #PKMNItchyRP hashtag if you need a quick link.

OVERVIEW:

In the offskirts of the Unova region, there is a mysterious disease that seems like a simple rash. It begins with reddened skin or unexplained dry areas, and continues with flu-like symptoms, but wasn't taken too seriously when it first began infecting Pokémon. That is, until about a week after the first few cases. Intense itching spread on the rashes, and fur/skin began to fall out. That was when it began to worry the locals.

A few weeks after the initial symptoms, most fur falls off of the patients and the rashes begin to harden. Joint stiffness and pain are common in this stage of the disease. After that, fur and other external coverings continue to fall out. At this point, this is a symptom of the disease itself rather than the scratching from the rash. The rashes begin to spread and cover the whole body, triggering a heavy cough that makes the disease even more contagious than before.

Months after these symptoms, no fur remains, and the rashes have hardened almost completely. The skin is blackened and the eyes of the victim are typically bloodshot or simply crusted shut. The cough is still present, and the victim's mobility is almost completely gone, and attempting to move the patient causes numerous cracks along the skin. Blood from these wounds is highly infectious.

Interestingly, Normal-Type Pokémon are immune to the disease. Pokémon without organic bodies, such as Klink and its evolutions, Banette, Klefki and Voltorb/Electrode are also immune. This disease is commonly known as Itchy Itchy, and has been speculated to be a harmful strain of Pokérus.

The disease is becoming an epidemic in the Giant Chasm area, and is causing alarm among Pokémon in it and in surrounding areas. In this RP, you will be a Pokémon who is either working to treat/prevent Itchy Itchy, trying to avoid it or has been already infected.

--

RULES:

◦ No humans. This is a Pokémon-only RP.
◦ No overpowered characters. Try not to use Legendaries except in extreme circumstances.
◦ No swearing or otherwise inappropriate language. Egg Cave is a kid-friendly website and we intend to keep it that way.
◦ Limited romance; only have romantic relationships between characters if it is relevant to the plot.
◦ Character death is allowed, but try to limit it. Characters who have been infected with Itchy Itchy are likely to die if a "cure" hasn't been found yet in the RP.
◦ Three characters maximum, please. If one of your characters dies, you may make a new one to replace them.
◦ Please respond with proper grammar if you can. This is just to make this easier for the other participants in the RP.

◦ Most importantly, remember to include everyone! This means do not only interact with one person, ping EVERYONE in the RP (there is a pinglist later in this post if you're confused on who to ping), and don't make every circumstance about yourself. Be courteous and have fun.

You will not be penalized for breaking any of the rules, only notified via. wall message by me to change your response or character(s). 😊

--

CHARACTER SHEETS:

Please copy/paste the following segment to write a short bio of your character(s). Make sure they abide by the rules above.

NAME:
POKÉMON:
APPEARANCE:
PERSONALITY:
STATUS (infected/not infected):
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping):
OTHER:

--

MY CHARACTERS:

NAME: Solace
POKÉMON: Heliolisk
APPEARANCE: Regular Heliolisk.
PERSONALITY: Intelligent but also kind of a softie. A bit skittish but works hard and gets the job done.
STATUS (infected/not infected): Normal-Type, cannot be infected.
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): Helping find a cure and the source of the disease.
OTHER: An epidemiologist from the Unovan desert region. Was hired by locals to investigate the disease as he is both experienced in finding cures as well as being immune to the disease (as he is part Normal-Type).

--

ALL CHARACTERS:

This is a quick overview of all the characters in this RP. If you join, your character will be added below.

◦ Solace - Heliolisk (Belongs to @BOT)
◦ Kle-Bob - Klang (Belongs to @ZekromMoo7)
◦ Ember - Shiny Litleo (Belongs to @ZekromMoo7)
◦ Midnight - *Zoroark (Belongs to @ZekromMoo7)
◦ Alissa - *Vulpix (Belongs to @LailaLuckySeal87)
◦ Itaku - *Espeon (Belongs to @Faressain)
◦ Daizai - *Umbreon (Belongs to @Niale)
◦ Izaya - Sawsbuck (Belongs to @Faressain)
◦ Sylvia - *Shiny Sylveon (Belongs to @Panda9983)
◦ Gloria - Glaceon (Belongs to @Panda9983)
◦ Evan - Shiny? Eevee (Belongs to @Panda9983)
◦ Lilac - Deerling (Belongs to @SheepFox)

* refers to infected Pokémon, italics refer to Pokémon that are immune to Itchy Itchy. The and signs refer to male and female Pokémon, respectively.

--

PINGLIST:

These are the current participants in the RP. You may copy/paste the following list onto your response to notify the whole group when you respond to this RP.

@bot
@zekrommoo7
@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain
@niale
@sheepfox
@panda9983

--

Initial Pings:

(Note: this is NOT the list of participants you should ping when responding to this RP. This was meant to notify other users about the RP when it first began, and it is not a complete list of people participating. If you are looking for the list of people to tag whilst responding, check the list above.)

@sheepfox
@zekrommoo7
@sakura-ironoyume
@lailaluckyseal87
@niale
@panda9983

-BOT

Female
385 posts

zekrommoo7 • 5 July 2016 at 12:25 PM

NAME: Kle-Bob
POKÉMON: Klang
APPEARANCE: regular one except he painted his nose red
PERSONALITY: fun loving, adventurous, extremly dumb, funny
STATUS (infected/not infected): not infected
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): wants to but his friend said he is way to young
OTHER: He is a complete idiot, but he can speak extremely well and hard to pronounce words.

NAME: Ember
POKÉMON: Liltleo
APPEARANCE: she is shiny
PERSONALITY: bubbly, fun-loving, helpful, accident prone
STATUS (infected/not infected): half normal type so not infected.
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): is working on her own cure taking things from her mother who is a doctor.
OTHER: Her best friend is kle-Bob

NAME: Midnight
POKÉMON: Zoroark
APPEARANCE: wears a spike collar.
PERSONALITY: shady,rude, can be kind, mysterious.
STATUS (infected/not infected): 3 days infected
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): wants to help but is quarantined at home
OTHER: Nobody knew she even existed until she changed from the form she was in, everybody always thought she was a kind gentle buneary. But she showed her true colors for help.

@bot

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 5 July 2016 at 1:02 PM

NAME: Alissa

POKÉMON: Vulpix

APPEARANCE: She wears an opal necklace

PERSONALITY: Kind, smart, caring, and she can't stay calm!

STATUS (infected/not infected): 2 days infected

STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): Helping.

OTHER: She is really, really smart but doesn't act like it.

@bot

Male
584 posts

faressain • 5 July 2016 at 1:23 PM

Ḭ̴͍̻̩̦̏͂̑͌ͬ̒͐̕ͅṇ̘̍̆͑̆̚͠ṫ̴̗̲̗̪͖̜̣͎̀͑̕ͅő̵̸̰͉̺̦͉̟̣̬͂̅̏͑͜ ̲͖̖͙̝̇ͩ̿̍ͬ͞͞t̩̪̮̪̘͓̹̩͗͆ͪͅh̠ͤͬͥ̾ͧ̒͛̍͢e̬͙̒̾͘ ͓̜͇̯̘͓̦̓͂ͣͥͬ́͢m̶̼̥̭̗̼̲͈̉͂ͨ̐̀ͅa͖̬̠͉̫̰͆̄ͧ̈ͫ̚͠w̳͔͓̖̦͈̦̿ͭ͐̚͞,͍̤̗̝̲̟ͨ͂͊ͬ̑ͨ̐͘͢ ͫ͒̎ͧ͌̚͏͔̟͚̻t͉̑̂ͅhͥ́̌͑ͯ̑҉̣͎͕͓̼͖͔͜͠ͅę̵̵̙̯̥̼̝̙̻̾̂ͯͩņ̷̫̫̟͔̔̃͒͛ͬ̓?̴̮̙̘̯͍͕̈́
@bot

NAME: Itaku

POKÉMON: Espeon

APPEARANCE: Has blue fur, and have large amethyst necklace...

PERSONALITY: Hardy, brave and friendly, though sometimes is stubborn...

STATUS (infected/not infected): Not infected, as for now... High risk to become infected though

STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): Helping, but staying save...

OTHER: None...

1,242 posts

bot • 5 July 2016 at 4:05 PM

@zekrommoo7
@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain

All accepted! Sorry it took such a long time to respond, I don't currently have access to a computer and responding using the mobile site is a pain.

Deleted • 5 July 2016 at 10:29 PM

NAME: Daizai
POKÉMON: Umbreon
APPEARANCE: Normal Umbreon
PERSONALITY: Quiet, shy, apathetic, aloof, and distant.
STATUS (infected/not infected): Infected badly
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): Not helping currently. It may or may not change later on.
OTHER: None

NAME: Izaya
POKÉMON: Sawsbuck
APPEARANCE: Normal Sawsbuck with glasses, bandaged forelegs and hind legs.
PERSONALITY: Independent, childish somewhat, teasing, and tries to keep a positive attitude.
STATUS (infected/not infected): Not infected
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): Helping
@bot I'm not sure if Izaya would be infected or not since he's half normal type.

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 6 July 2016 at 12:42 AM

NAME: Sylvia
POKÉMON: Sylveon
APPEARANCE: Shiny and wears a small emerald necklace.
PERSONALITY: Kind, caring, and nice. She's really shy.
STATUS (infected/not infected): 3 day infected
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): Helping

NAME: Gloria
POKÉMON: Glaceon
APPEARANCE: Regular Glaceon
PERSONALITY: Cold, distant, cool-headed, and shy. She is also brave and kind in the inside.
STATUS (infected/not infected): Not infected but has a high chance.
STATUS II (helping to find a cure/not helping): Helping
OTHER: She was abandoned at birth.

NAME: Evan
POKÉMON: Eevee
APPEARANCE: Silver fur and golden eyes.
PERSONALITY: Outdoorsy and hyper. He's also brave and loyal.
STATUS (infected/not infected): Not effected
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): Not helping

@bot

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 6 July 2016 at 1:49 PM

NAME: Lilac
POKÉMON: Deerling
APPEARANCE:
PERSONALITY: caring, alert, energetic, bashful
STATUS (infected/not infected): I just realized she's part normal type, so no.
STATUS II (helping find a cure/not helping): trying to help
OTHER

@bot

1,242 posts

bot • 6 July 2016 at 2:15 PM

@niale Izaya is immune due to being half normal-type.
@panda9983
@sheepfox

All accepted!

I'll start, now that we have enough participants.

--

Solace's frills flared out in surprise as a young Clefairy with tough, blackened skin and almost no fur presented herself to him. Her eyes were terribly bloodshot and crusted almost completely shut.

"Goodness!" He stammered, "You're almost into stage three of the disease. Why didn't you come sooner?"

The Clefairy coughed horrendously, a few cracks splitting across her skin from the action. "I didn't actually know it would get this bad. I heart it was just a weird rash," She said in a scratchy, faint voice. "Do you have a cure yet?"

"No, but I have some medicinal herbs that will alleviate the itching temporarily. For now, try to avoid contact with others and don't move the hard parts of your skin too much. It will only hurt more and spread the disease," He tried to offer. He dug around in a small satchel at his side and pulled out a bag of dried herbs. "Get a Normal-type Pokémon to mix it into a paste for you and apply it on the itchy areas, if you can."

"Okay," The Clefairy responded. She slowly walked away from him, cringing with each step until she retreated deeper into the chasm. Solace sighed deeply and tried to return to his field work, searching everywhere to find a possible source of the epidemic.

Male
584 posts

faressain • 6 July 2016 at 2:59 PM

@bot
@zekrommoo7
@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain
@niale
@sheepfox
@panda9983

Meanwhile, as Itaku runs his training, he notices everything almost empty... "What happened?" Itaku asked himself... He gained suspicion everyone may be just ill...

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 6 July 2016 at 3:02 PM

Alissa walks around looking for someone to help her. She glances at her necklace and feels tears spring into her eyes as she remembers her mom.

~~
6 months earlier.

"Mom! Where are you?" Alissa said coughing. She looked around for her mom, the poisonous gas leaking through their house. Someone was trying to kill them. She struggled to breathe as the air became more poisonous. "Mom! Please where are you?" She wailed.

She heard sirens outside her house and ran outside. Her mom was all she had left, her father a few months after she was born. She ran over to the people from the hospital and jumped into their paws. "My mom is in there.. please save her" she whimpered coughing.

The rest of the night was blurred as a breathing mask was shoved onto her face. She kept looking for her mom throughout the night but never found her. When she woke up she heard the news that her mom had been killed. "Someone killed her. The gas wasn't an accident!" Alissa said beginning to cry. She felt she would never stop.

~~

Alissa had been fending for herself and living in the woods. She had a bit of money, but not enough to pay for a hospital bill. She looked around, her skin itching and fur falling out. "Someone help me!" she said in a begging tone.

@bot
@zekrommoo7
@faressain
@sheepfox

Female
385 posts

zekrommoo7 • 6 July 2016 at 3:08 PM

@faressain @bot @sheepfox @panda9983 @niale @lailaluckyseal87

Kle-bob: (oh my gosh what was i thinking with this name)) *Went to go visit Ember to see how her homemade cure was coming along.* "Hey Ember how's your..."

Ember: *she grabbed his mouth. She liked to call him bob just because it was shorter.* "Bob, not now my mother's home. She doesn't need to know about this. Remember."

Midnight: *since she had shown who she really was, a zoroark instead of the sweet kind buneary everybody knew, people had stopped coming over.* "It has to be something with this rash. Three days and it's still not gone. Maybe i should go to the doctors." *she decided to go to the doctor's* "Hello, anyone there!"

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 6 July 2016 at 3:16 PM

GUYS U CAN'T PING EVERYONE U SHOULD ONLY PING ACTIVE PPL OR PPL UR TALKING TO

~~

Alissa decides to risk it and she walks to the doctor office. "Please let me in.." she said. "I know I can't afford anything.." She said and blushes when she sees Midnight. "h-hello." she says awkwardly.

@zekrommoo7 @faressain @bot

Male
584 posts

faressain • 6 July 2016 at 3:16 PM

@bot
@zekrommoo7
@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain
@niale
@sheepfox
@panda9983

"Who are you? I thought there is many infectious things in here..." Itaku screams before going onto marathon... But the thing he saw wasn't the best thing... He seen everyone in the marathon got Itchy Itchy... he begun to ask himself, if he's one of few uninfected other-type Pokemon...

Female
385 posts

zekrommoo7 • 6 July 2016 at 3:23 PM

Midnight: *she glanced at Alissa* "Hi, if you live around here you probably know me as the extremely sweet buneary that lives not far from here." *she went back to waiting for the doctor*

Kle-Bob: *he was thinking.* "So you're mom is here so you ask her for more stuff?"

Ember: *she smacked him lightly across the head* "No you idiot, i'm stealing the ingrediants from her. Now. I think i did something to either prevent itching for a few days or slow it down for a few days. But i need a test subject. To the doctor's office to find a test subject!"

@faressain
@lailaluckyseal87 the rules say to ping everyone in the rp.
@bot @sheepfox @panda9983 @niale

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 6 July 2016 at 3:27 PM

yeah but if u ping everyone and i'm one of the last people I won't get pinged, so i'm just sitting on eggcave waiting for a ping that never happens.

~~

"But you aren't a buneary.." Alissa said confused. "Anyways, I do live around here but not in the way you think I do.." she said holding back her crying. "I really hope one of the doctors will see me.. I can't afford it.."

@zekrommoo7 @faressain @bot

Male
584 posts

faressain • 6 July 2016 at 3:38 PM

@bot
@zekrommoo7
@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain
@niale
@sheepfox
@panda9983

"Wait... So... it means only one... carefully into the hospital!" Itaku says and goes onto it, just to see more itchy Itchy cases "Ouch... Entire Marathon group got Itchy Itchy!"

Female
385 posts

zekrommoo7 • 6 July 2016 at 3:55 PM

Midnight: *she smiled* "Well, i'm a zoroark which means i can change my form. Everybody stopped coming to my house once they found out i've been lying to them all these years."

Ember: *she hid behind a bush looking at the clinic.* "Bob, go get someone to come and try my concoctions."*she knew they would maybe fell sorry for her friend because well, just listen to his name.*

Kle-Bob: *he floated over to them* "Hello, I'm Kle-Bob and my friend wants you to try her things that help with the infection maybe. It had not been tested." *he turned toward the bush.* "She's hiding over there."

@lailaluckyseal87 i did not know that.
@bot @faressain @sheepfox @niale @panda9983

1,242 posts

bot • 6 July 2016 at 4:07 PM

@zekrommoo7
@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain
@niale
@sheepfox
@panda9983

"Ugh, it's so creepy around here." Solace sighed. He wasn't used to such a cold, humid environment such as the chasm as he normally lived in the desert region of Unova, but it was even creepier now that he knew that everyone was in danger of such a deadly disease. "It's a ghost town. It's almost like everyone just packed up their things and hightailed out of here to avoid the epidemic."

After some unfruitful scouting for clues on how the disease began or how to form a cure, he returned to the clinic empty-handed. He figured he would take notes on some of the patients so he could learn more about the nature of the disease. He stopped in front of a Zoroark who seemed kind of lost talking to a Vulpix. Both seemed like they were infected.

"Hey, are you two patients?" He asked.

Female
385 posts

zekrommoo7 • 6 July 2016 at 4:13 PM

Midnight: *she looked at the klang then looked at the heliolisk that came up* "Yes, i'm a patient and this Klang here says that his friend might have discovered something that can help a little.*

Kle-Bob: *he turned to the Heliolisk.* "Hi, i'm kle-bob and my friend has something that might work but we need a test subject. Are you sick and want to be a test subject?"

Ember: *she was facepalming and she said to herself.* "Bob, that's a doctor. He isn't supposed to know about this. Don't tell him."

@bot @faressain @lailaluckyseal87 @sheepfox @panda9983 @niale

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 6 July 2016 at 4:15 PM

Alissa walks towards the bush, wanting any help possible.

"hello!" she said to them. "I'll help try it. I really need it."

@bot @ferssain @zekrommo7

Male
584 posts

faressain • 6 July 2016 at 4:18 PM

"Wait... Is everyone infected except some Pokemons?" Itaku asked when he entered hospital...

FORGOT PINGS!

1,242 posts

bot • 6 July 2016 at 4:22 PM

@zekrommoo7
@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain
@niale
@sheepfox
@panda9983

"No, I'm one of the epidemiologists working here. You can call me Solace," Solace said with a smile. He was glad to have some interaction for the day. "I think I have a few patients who might be willing to be tested on. In fact, I met with a stage 3 Itchy Itchy Clefairy today that might be a good test subject. But, uh, she's not here. She's somewhere in the chasm."

He thought for a moment to himself. "If you're not in the mood to go on a wild goose chase for her, there's numerous other patients that might want to help."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 6 July 2016 at 4:24 PM

Alissa turns to Solace. "I really want to be tested on... I'm nearly at the worst stage and I really can't afford doctor care.." she said her voice cracking. "My mom died half a year ago and I haven't been able to afford anything since." Alissa left out the part about living in the wild

@bot @faressain
@zekrommoo7

1,242 posts

bot • 6 July 2016 at 4:43 PM

@zekrommoo7
@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain
@niale
@sheepfox
@panda9983

"We can cover all expenses if you let us do testing on you. I don't want to force you, but..." Solace trailed off.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 6 July 2016 at 5:04 PM

@bot
@zekrommoo7
@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain
@niale
@faressain
@panda9983

sorry i haven't posted yet

Lilac was walking around when she noticed that the town she lived in was much quieter. Anyone she did see was coughing and scratching themselves. whats going on? Lilac thought.

Deleted • 6 July 2016 at 5:59 PM

Izaya read through the books about medicinal herbs that might cure a rash that makes people this seriously ill. He tried to turn the pages with his hooves, but had a hard time doing so. While he was doing so he stumbled upon a comfrey leaf. Although he had to make it into tea first.
"It's a high doubt that this will work and cure somewhat of it because it's a new epidemic," he muttered to himself. "I should report this,"
While Izaya was thinking of the remedy he was making up theories of why it was only affecting the non-normal type Pokemons. He made a guess that it had something to do with their abilities to summon elements that are normally having to do with forcing them to do it, but it was a wild guess.
--
Daizai laid down and looked at herself. She though she didn't look different from what she used to except the cracks in her skin.
@bot
@faressain
@sheepfox
@lailaluckyseal87
@panda9983

Female
385 posts

zekrommoo7 • 6 July 2016 at 6:34 PM

Kle-Bob: *he motioned toward the bush.* "My friend said that it has two possibilities, Prevent itchiness for a few days or slow down the process for a 5 days to a week." *he decided to go ahead and go to Ember and see if they come.*

Midnight: *she looked at Alissa and turned toward the heliolisk.* "Vulpix, you can follow that weird little Klang if you want but I for one am going with the doctor."

Ember: *she lightly smacked Kle-Bob for telling the doctor she was making her own remedy.* "You don't tell the doctor i'm doing this, not even my mother knows so be quite around them ok."

@bot @lailaluckyseal87 @faressain @niale @sheepfox @panda9983

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 6 July 2016 at 6:50 PM

Alissa followed Kle-Bob nervously. What if it failed? she was afraid it would. She looked at Ember. "I'll test it out. What could happen?"

@zekrommoo7 @niale @sheepfox @bot

Female
385 posts

zekrommoo7 • 6 July 2016 at 7:00 PM

Ember: *she looked through her bag for the jars that contained the maybe antidotes.* "Bob told you what would happen if it works, Now if it doesn't work. It could cause a small status effect which i have the cure for each one in my bag or it could speed up the process for two days then go back to normal." *she pulled it out and handed it to Kle-Bob.*

Kle-Bob: *he took the jars and handed them to Alissa.* "She kinda knows what she's doing. Her mom is a doctor." *he does a derpy face after the jars leave his hands.*

@lailaluckyseal87 You can pick if it works or if one of the side effects happen

@niale @bot @faressain @sheepfox @panda9983