How would you feel about a searchable Item Database/wishlist service?

in General

Male
92 posts

tyuio_k50 • 15 December 2016 at 4:02 PM

I've been contemplating creating one for Egg Cave.

If I were to launch one, would you use it? What features should it include for searching/sorting items?

I'd also like to allow users personal wishlists. What functions should that feature as well?

It would aim to be on par with items.jellyneo.net, and would sort of be a successor to EggCavern's database. Unlike EggCavern, though, it would be far more robust in terms of functionality and options.

I'm also aware of other sites like EggCavity, however, that aren't so popular or talked about. So on that front, would launching such a service be worth it? And, again, would you use it?

It would likely need to be ad supported, but perhaps something else could be worked out. I'd want it to stay open and not meet the same fate as EggCavern, so something would need to be done to keep it online.

What are your thoughts? What should it offer, and how should it work?

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 15 December 2016 at 4:04 PM

@tyuio_k50 Brilliant! I'd love to take part. 😊 One thing is, we would want things like how to get the Mo and Terron, for new players. Also, for creatures like the Mackatron, Terron, and Muska, we would want to show when they evolve because it doesn't say on the Archives. Plus, what if we had a picture of all of the Travels on one page and we could select like Luminese, Child Stage and the Luminese would lay on all of the travels? Kinda like the Creature Viewer on eggcavity but with them all laid out so you don't have to guess what the name is.

Just my ideas...

-Jellifysh

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 15 December 2016 at 5:02 PM

@tyuio_k50 @jellifysh

These are great ideas, honestly. It might make trying to choose a travel for my creatures WAY easier! I would use it a little, I have a very limited amount of time, but it sounds cool! Could it also tell what stuff from each shop does for your creature? I kinda don't like surprises...

Male
92 posts

tyuio_k50 • 12 January 2017 at 12:27 AM

@jellifysh @leafstarofskyclan Thank you for your interest guys, but enough people don't seem to be interested.

Maybe someday. 😊

It would be a lot of work to build and upkeep, so I'd need to know that people would want to use it.

Male
1,736 posts

jello • 12 January 2017 at 12:30 AM

@tyuio_k50 oh... aww...

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 12 January 2017 at 12:41 PM

@tyuio_k50 That's upsetting...