I need artistict critiscism from people who play on Neopets. xD

in Entertainment

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 9 September 2011 at 10:28 PM

Anyways, anyone here who plays Neopets?
Anyone here who participated in Tfr? X3
So if you have, I was always a huge fan of Xandra. xD And a while ago, they put a How To Draw Xandra page up, which made me overjoyed. 😊
So, I spent countless months following the directions, trying to get it as perfect as I could, and procrastinating.
So tonight, I found my Tfr folder under my bed where I keep the Xandra picture, dusted it off, and decided to finish it.
It's not perfect, and is missing a LITTE detail. And the face i kinda messed up. X) But I'm tracing it over with Sharpie, then I'm gonna start coloring it.
Anyways, after I finish using the Sharpie, I'm gonna post the picture online for you peeps to see and give me feedback on. 😃
Until then, you can just, like, talk about tfr on this forum or something... XD

Female
2,578 posts

sotheavey • 9 September 2011 at 10:32 PM

@dreamer
I used to run a Review Site on neopets ;D

Hit me with your best shot! 😈

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 9 September 2011 at 10:48 PM

@Sotheavey Haha, okay. xD I'm coloring a little bit of it right now, but I'll upload it soon. ;D

Bumps are appreciated. ❤️

Female
2,578 posts

sotheavey • 9 September 2011 at 11:13 PM

@dreamer
bump ;D

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 9 September 2011 at 11:18 PM

I got the picture! 😃

http://i54.tinypic.com/2niv3f9.jpg

It's an epic fail. xD I followed the How To Draw page, the face is messed up, and the hair isn't the right color. Oh well. XD Whaddya tihnk?

And can someone ping some people? X3

Female
2,578 posts

sotheavey • 9 September 2011 at 11:19 PM

@dreamer
I think it is pretty good! ^-^ Wish it was a little closer up though 😋

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 9 September 2011 at 11:21 PM

@Sotheavey Yeah, I'm ashamed of the face, so I tried not to close-up on the pic TOO much. X3 I didn't color all of it, but colored what I could. And if you wanna see it up close, try to make the screen bigger. X3 It'll be a little blurry, but still closer.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 9 September 2011 at 11:22 PM

I used to do step by steps at age... 8? I was amazing. NBD xD

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 9 September 2011 at 11:25 PM

This is the how to draw page I got the pic from: http://www.neopets.com/art/misc/xandra.phtml

>.>

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 9 September 2011 at 11:30 PM

Oh I know 😊 I used to draw Isca, Kacheeks, Faelilies, and hmmm OH! POOGLES!

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 9 September 2011 at 11:33 PM

@Balletninja One time, a few years ago, I drew a bunch of Neopets on sheets of construction paper and cut them out: An Xweetok, a Uni, a Lupe, A Peophin, and a Pteri. The only ones I have with me now are the Xweetok and peophin: The rest mysteriously disappeared off my shelf last year. >.> One by one, they all went missing... xD I tried to draw some other ones, but failed. XD I spent countless months working on the Xandra pic; and now it's almost done. o.o *poking featured repetitively* Muhaha. >;D

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 9 September 2011 at 11:38 PM

I once bought a neopets doll. Good investment. I remember when mcdonalds gave mini neopets away in happy meals. I loved that.

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 9 September 2011 at 11:42 PM

@Balletninja I know, I loved that too. 😃 And I rmemeber a LONGGGG time ago, they had some type of robotic neopet figures at mcdonalds. I remeber because while we were walking out of there, my dad grabbed the plastic poster that was clinging to the dor and we ran out of the store. XD
I still have some of the older Neopet plushies from Mcdonald's- The purple Ixi, and the green Aisha. Last year, they had some like that at Burger King too, I think? MY sister and I got some of those too, with the codes. But they weren't as good as the Mcdonalds ones from a while ago. XD
I signed up for Neopets when I was like 6. o.o And my first account was Thepells4.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 9 September 2011 at 11:44 PM

@dreamer Yup, the earliest ones are still on ebay. I have a pink kacheek, the dino guy, the kyirr (squirrel thing)? And the pink poogle 😃

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 9 September 2011 at 11:48 PM

@Balletninja Lol, the Kyrii? 😋 And it's kinda funny, wiht the little purple Ixi plushie I have, I painted it all over with nail polish when I was little. xD I still can't get the nail polish off, lol.
also have the plushies you could buy at places like Target, that had codes on them: I got the faerie acara, faerie Ixi, and Jumbo-sized Cloud Wocky. ;D I think those are all retired now though... I also have an older issue of the magazine (but it's all bent up and stuff).

Female
4,736 posts

twilight_raptor • 9 September 2011 at 11:57 PM

@dreamer ur pic is pretty gud 😊 the eyes or ur xandra looks less evil than wats on the neopets page 😸 and the hair u drew needs more curvy lines thru it to show it flowing (u get it?) and hmm.. lets c... the scale of the drawing is slightly off but thats not affecting it much. overall it awesome 😸

Female
497 posts

yael • 10 September 2011 at 6:32 AM

@dreamer i think its nice;) ^-^ want to see some of my drawing skills just look up angelstarfur on neopets

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 10 September 2011 at 4:29 PM

@Yael
@Twilight_raptor
Thanks. 😊

I'm coloring my picture in a little more right now.