in Roleplaying

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 14 February 2017 at 5:14 PM

@leafdapple769
@thebrokenvibe
@leafstarofskyclan
@doyoueverwonder
She watched the ladybug's journey up her mentor's arm. On a leaf nearby her, Dewpaw saw a gorgeous, black and white striped butterfly land gracefully onto it, to be attached into a spider web as soon as it landed. It was bundled up in a matter of seconds.
"I think so," Dewpaw replied, feeling anxious. "They left before I woke up. I didn't see them anywhere."
Dewpaw heard a bird's cry, some distance away. It sounded smooth and melodious, and it soothed Dewpaw's feelings of anxiety.

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 14 February 2017 at 5:23 PM

@thebrokenvibe
@flowerlynx
@leafstarofskyclan
@doyoueverwonder

-----

Rainwhisper's ears twitched, enjoying the sounds of the forest. The ladybug, (which was now directly on his shoulder) abruptly sprung off to land on his nose. It stayed for a second before spreading its wings and buzzing off into the forest

"Hmm... I saw no sign of them while I was coming back this way."

He watched it's trail back into the greenery for a minute before turning back to finish his mouse in two bites.

Deleted • 14 February 2017 at 6:11 PM

@leafdapple769
@thebrokenvibe
@flowerlynx
@leafstarofskyclan

{Cedarpaw}

Cedarpaw sighed. There was nothing to do around camp! Maybe I could go hunting again... She decided against that. She curled up in the apprentice den and took a quick nap.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 15 February 2017 at 9:43 PM

@flowerlynx @doyoueverwonder @leafstarofskyclan @leafdapple769

Smokepaw looked over to Mousefur as she led the small group. "What happens if we meet a RockClan patrol while were passing so close to the border?" he asked tail twitching slightly.

~~~~~

Twinriver stepped out of the warriors den, shaking her fur to chase away the early mourning chill. Her sister had moved to the base of Lookout Rock and seemed deep in thought .

Curious Twinriver headed over, "Something troubling you?" she asked, her eyes shining.

"Just trying to figure out how patrols will work. We already have four cats out with the dawn patrol. And I don't want to overwork anyone with hunting and border patrols. But it seems like we might have to do that. There's so few cats among the Clan right now. It's making me nervous." Cavepath admitted, "But regardless, if need arises patrols of two should suffice."

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 15 February 2017 at 9:47 PM

@thebrokenvibe
@doyoueverwonder
@leafdapple769
@leafstarofskyclan
Looking amused, Mousefur replied to Smokepaw's question. "The warriors can take care of it," she replied, "but I'm sure you apprentices can help too. Or, we could try explaining to them that we are doing a burial, they might understand."

--

"That's odd. I haven't seen any sign of them at all... not at all today, anyways" Dewpaw was confused, where was the dawn patrol?

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 15 February 2017 at 10:40 PM

@thebrokenvibe
@doyoueverwonder
@leafstarofskyclan
@flowerlynx

Rainwhisper was starting to become more and more unsettled. A cold prickle crept down his back. What if the wrongness he'd been feeling was somehow connected to the patrol?

He sat up abruptly. "We should get back to camp and check. Besides, we need to take account of the herb store before it gets too late in the day."

~

Ren had almost finished patrolling the full circuit of her territory. The only thing of interest she had found was a day-old body of a rabbit (which had probably been left by a fox) and the traces of a loner traveling through her territory.

She stopped walking, catching the scent of something she had not smelled since this morning. Clan cats...

The thing that bothered her was that it smelled very recent too. As if they had just passed by.

Curious, she began to follow it.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 15 February 2017 at 10:47 PM

@leafdapple769
@thebrokenvibe
@doyoueverwonder
@leafstarofskyclan
"That's probably a good idea. Also, I've been having this... cold feeling following me all day long. It's as if something's wrong. But I don't know what it is," she replied, uncertain. "And I'm sure something's happened. I saw a butterfly get captured earlier, was that a sign? What if the cats are the butterfly? What if-" she cut herself off, she was becoming hysterical.

--

"Plus, we're bigger and better than all of RockClan." Mousefur realized how much Smokepaw's question had disturbed the feeling of dread and sadness around them.

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 15 February 2017 at 11:42 PM

@thebrokenvibe
@leafstarofskyclan
@flowerlynx
@doyoueverwonder
________

"Calm down." He responded quickly before she could get any further. "I've been having the same feeling too. Ever since I left camp."

Rainwhisper looked down at Dewpaw, gazing into her eyes. "Have you had any signs?"

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 16 February 2017 at 12:06 AM

@leafdapple769
@thebrokenvibe
@doyoueverwonder
@leafstarofskyclan
"The only thing I've seen really, is the butterfly in the web... or the bird's cry. More likely the spiderweb," she replied, calming herself down. "The sign could possibly be an omen that something too good to be true is a trap? Something to do with traps..." she paused, concentrating fiercely. "It has to be the spiderweb..." she muttered to herself.

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 16 February 2017 at 12:22 AM

@flowerlynx
@thebrokenvibe
@doyoueverwonder
@leafstarofskyclan

_______

Rainwhisper watched Dewpaw steadily for a minute, before turning his head away. She was telling the truth.

"Perhaps...Just be on the lookout for anything else." He responded.

He began to walk back through the thick foliage towards camp.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 16 February 2017 at 12:31 AM

@leafdapple769
@thebrokenvibe
@doyoueverwonder
@leafstarofskyclan
"I will, don't worry." Dewpaw followed her mentor back towards camp, the while staring at every bit of movement, every twig and branch, just in case.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 16 February 2017 at 12:34 AM

@leafdapple769 @flowerlynx @doyoueverwonder @leafstarofskyclan

Smokepaw nodded at Mousefur's words. "I hope we don't run into a patrol regardless." he meowed softly.

"If we're taking Graysky to be buried they'd leave us be. Even RockClan understands the importance of burials." Silentfall stated, his voice muffled around his mouthful of fur.

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 16 February 2017 at 12:54 AM

@thebrokenvibe
@flowelynx
@doyoueverwonder
@leadstatofskyclan

_______

They arrived in camp moments later to find it peaceful, undisturbed. Rainwhisper strode right up to Twinriver. "Excuse me. Is the dawn patrol back yet?"

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 16 February 2017 at 1:14 AM

@leafdapple769 @flowerlynx @doyoueverwonder @leafstarofskyclan

Twinriver shook her head. "Not yet, although they did only just leave not too long ago. Why?" she asked, shooting a glance at Cavepath who now looked distressed.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 16 February 2017 at 1:27 AM

@leafdapple769
@thebrokenvibe
@doyoueverwonder
@leafstarofskyclan
Depaw's eyes widened. "What should we do, Rainwhisper? Should we stop them, or tell them, or what?"

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 16 February 2017 at 1:32 AM

@thebrokenvibe
@flowerlynx
@leafstarofskyclan
@doyoueverwonder

_______

"Oh, nothing really. I just thought something might be wrong." His tail swept the earth in small, circular motions.

"Emberstrike didn't leave with them..right?"

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 16 February 2017 at 3:25 AM

@flowerlynx @leafdapple769 @leafstarofskyclan @doyoueverwonder

Cavepath flicked her ears, "Emberstrike was leading the patrol. But she had Flaretail, Leafshade and Hawksky with her. I don't think any severe harm will come to them." she meowed, trying not to let the Seers' agitation get to her.

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 16 February 2017 at 8:35 AM

@thebrokenvibe
@flowerlynx
@leafstarofskyclan
@doyoueverwonder

"We're not going to do anything, Dewpaw. The dawn patrol appears to be well and functioning. We may have been mistaken about the omen you saw." He meowed calmly, letting some of his agitation die down.

False omens were bound to be mixed in with the real ones. Sometimes this could not be avoided.

Rainwhisper dipped his head at Cavepath and Twinriver before padding towards his den. "Come on, Dewpaw. We still have work to do."

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 16 February 2017 at 1:21 PM

@leafdapple769
@thebrokenvibe
@doyoueverwonder
@leafstarofskyclan
"Fine... it must've been nothing," Dewpaw admitted reluctantly, "but I'm sure I saw an omen." She walked next to her mentor as they went towards the den. Dewpaw still kept an eye out for more omens, but her feelings of hope were crushed under the weight of her failure.

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 16 February 2017 at 4:48 PM

@flowerlynx (oh no, I was gone...fill me in!!!)

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 16 February 2017 at 4:55 PM

In MistClan, they are burying their former leader. Nothing beyond that.
In Rockclan, Dewpaw thought she saw an omen, but it may have been false.
That's the basic summary 😊
@leafstarofskyclan

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 16 February 2017 at 4:56 PM

@flowerlynx okay. Anything with my characters I should know of?

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 16 February 2017 at 4:59 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
I don't think so... I'm not really sure though.

Deleted • 16 February 2017 at 5:43 PM

@leafstarofskyclan
@flowerlynx
@leafdapple769
@thebroeknvibe

(I was only gone a day and so much has happened!)

(Cedarpaw)

Cedarpaw woke. There wasn't anything to do around camp. A sneaky thought entered her mind. "Go join the patrol..." No! she thought. That would be breaking the warrior code!

Other thoughts whirled around in her brain. She decided to slink off and go along the RockClan border. Carefully she weaved through the trees and spotted maybe some cats patrolling the RockClan border, carefully not crossing the border.

She crept closer, when all of a sudden a voice behind her spoke. "Hi!" Cedarpaw whipped around and saw Fernkit. With a shuddering thought she realized she was right next to the RockClan border. The scare had sent her running.

(Fernkit)

Fernkit saw Cedarpaw slink off into the MistClan territory. What was she doing? Fernkit decided to follow her. Cedarpaw was headed for the RockClan border. Carefully Fernkit followed and said, "Hi!" Cedarpaw's legs propelled her forward stopping just before the border.

It was lucky that Cedarpaw had stopped right on the edge. Looking closer, Fernkit realized there might have been a patrol around here. Maybe it was still there...

Female
1,057 posts

leafdapple769 • 16 February 2017 at 6:53 PM

_______

Ren watched the patrol from a safe distance. They hadn't seemed to notice her watching them yet.

She heard a rustle and some cats talking a little farther away. She turned her head toward the noise. Ren glimpsed two young cats standing close to the border between MistClan and RockClan. One looked like a kit!

I wonder what they're doing...

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 19 February 2017 at 7:23 PM

@doyoueverwonder @leafdapple769 @flowerlynx @leafstarofskyclan

Smokepaw glanced over towards Mousefur worridly as they neared the border. He held faith that his father was correct but being this close to RockClan still nearly scared his pelt off.

He forced his fur to lie flat until the group passed into the burial chamber.

~~~~~

Blazeheart paused beside the Silver Pool, waiting in anticipation for Frostfur to arrive and help show him what needed to be done. It had been seasons since the Clan had a new leader, and he knew that his own mother had only known Graysky as the leader, and she had been around for at least six seasons before passing.

Blazeheart only hoped the Seer knew the proper way to go about this.

Deleted • 24 February 2017 at 10:36 AM

@leafdapple769 @flowerlynx @leafstarofskyclan @thebrokenvibe

(Cedarpaw)

Cedarpaw sighed and quickly bounced away from the RockClan border. She hurriedly rushed towards camp, anxious from the close call. She couldn't think straight. What was it again?

It was that one black she-cat that she met while hunting. She couldn't stop thinking about it! Cedarpaw changed her mind and decided to learn more about this strange cat. She whirled around and bounded once again, along the RockClan border.

Unsure, she cleared her thoughts and realized that previously with Fernkit, she had heard a cat walking through the forest. Maybe it was the black she-cat?

(Fernkit)

Fernkit was surprised to see Cedarpaw take off into the camp's direction. He too turned and followed Cedarpaw into camp. But then he saw that Cedarpaw was gone. "I should get back to camp." Fernkit thought aloud.

He wasn't sure if he was allowed this far from camp. He continued heading straight and into camp.

The events of the trip chilled him, and it felt like someone was watching him...