What happens to people who get reported for spam?

in Help & Questions

1,764 posts

james-bond • 14 September 2011 at 5:42 AM

What happens?

Female
916 posts

evilyowling • 14 September 2011 at 5:43 AM

I ask this question also. It's such a question.

3,562 posts

cafe • 14 September 2011 at 5:48 AM

I think if it's innocent spam, like "Feed my eggs!" on someone elses topic, and irrelevant, they get a simple warning.

If it's an actual person, like the spam bots [I think they were people] and are posting actual junk, they'd get banned

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 14 September 2011 at 6:30 AM

@cafe

Yeah, Ian said they were real people posting that -ahem- stuff, would've liked to use another word but I don't feel like getting warned myself >.> I think regular spam usually doesn't go any further than getting a warning and if you don't do it too often spamming itself will probably even go unnoticed (a lot of people don't get reported).

1,562 posts

shelby • 14 September 2011 at 1:02 PM

I think it depends on how much spam you do, how intentional it is, what the actual words are, etc.

So if you're going around to other peoples' threads or the blog, and just posting "FEED MY CREATURES!" or "HERE FOR VIEWS!". First you'll get warnings, I'm sure eventually you'll get a suspension.

If it's completely against EggCave ToS and Rules then you'll get a permanent ban or suspension.

It depends on the severity of the words/spam and other things.

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 16 September 2011 at 1:30 PM

What happens to people who get reported for spam?
______

The report is reviewed and seen to.

If the person is really spamming then their post will be removed.

If they just posted once and it is not spam, their post stays there and nothing happens.