IDEA: How to Improve Blocking

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
462 posts

megadash • 26 April 2017 at 8:35 PM

I've been trying to improve other ways to improve the blocking issues. Here's what I thought about:

Profile Pages: Instead of blocking creature profiles, since they can still be clicked, block the user profile page, instead…or both, though, by doing this, people can still open any creatures in the Exchange. This is especially good since you still lose credits when someone clicks on your creatures, whether of not they're blocked. To minimize "griefing," you can just remove the links in the upper-right corner that shows the creature's location in the main cove.
Addition: Give players a chose it make their profiles "private," so you can only view the profile if you're on their friend list.

1,175 posts

crunchyoreo25 • 26 April 2017 at 9:07 PM

@megadash

Hmm, not sure what exactly you mean by this. To clarify, is it to make users unable to view your profile but able to view the creatures so that creatures can be clicked through the exchange? If so, I feel like achieving that would not be that simple. Also, wouldn't this kind of defeat the whole point of blocking, that the user can't get access to your creatures and profile?

I'm just not sure if a few users' loss of very few credits (depending on how many creatures you have, I suppose) is worth such a hassle. If you feel that strongly, you can just unblock the user(s).

Personally I think that, if the site were to "improve" blocking, the staff would be, in a way, encouraging (or at least not discouraging) users to block others -- not the best message to send, per se. đŸ˜¸