Daily special Cash Shop offers

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 16 September 2011 at 5:20 PM

Sooooo, everyone wants the stuff in the cash shop to be cheaper/CC to be cheaper/get bonus CC...

My idea on this matter is to make a daily special offer, where one Cash Shop item is randomly selected each day and will be available with a 20% discount. So Freezes for 200, Stars for 80 and pets for 400, you get the drill.

I think this will be positive for eggcave economy, since:
1. It will encourage people to come on every day.
2. Bargains often encourage people to buy more, if it's cheap you're more likely to buy an extra.
3. It will also make the Cash Shop somewhat cheaper if you're willing to be patient. This is especially positive for people who don't have a lot of money.

I also suggest to show the bargain of the day somewhere on the home page, like the newest eggs and travels. Then you can see straight away what's up 😊

Sooooo, comments anyone?

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 16 September 2011 at 9:45 PM

@dionaea
great idea! i think it would be really good for people who can't always pay $5 for one creature! 😃

Male
529 posts

frosty • 16 September 2011 at 9:47 PM

I basically suggested this in my topic. T_T

9,386 posts

smilies • 16 September 2011 at 9:48 PM

Maybe not every day O_o

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 17 September 2011 at 4:23 AM

@Frosty
Your suggestion was to give 25% extra CC on top of the 2500 CC wasn't it? It's not a bad suggestion, but what I'm saying is definitely different, since your discount would only benefit those who can get 2500 CC. I think there are lots of people on here, especially the younger kids who won't be allowed to get the 2500 and therefore won't benefit from it, which to me seems a bit unfair...

@Smilies Why not? 😃 If it's every day each item will probably be for sale once or twice every month, so if you're patient you'd be able to get all your stuff at a 20% discount 😸

9,386 posts

smilies • 17 September 2011 at 5:27 AM

@dionaea It'll just be like, oh, it's a Monday, mars stones are 35% off 😋 It's like how, oh, it's september, there are three new cash shop critters >_< It was more exciting when things happened randomly, and you logged on every day for the surprises, not the routine 😸

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 17 September 2011 at 5:29 AM

@smilies

The offers would be randomly selected each day, so you'd never know what is for sale. This way it's more exciting and you'd actually have to make an effort to get everything cheaply 😊

3,562 posts

cafe • 17 September 2011 at 5:30 AM

@smilies

I agree with the routine thing, so that's why I was so excited when I got my two eggs randomly. Because I wasn't expecting it.

But, @dionaea

I like this idea too. It will help with people who have tight money/only a little bit of money to spend freely and can be used else where.

Maybe, once in a while they have a random thing for something like a BOGO sale [Buy one get one free]

//Edit//

Something really surprising I mean

9,386 posts

smilies • 17 September 2011 at 5:39 AM

@dionaea *Shrugs* Well whatever, doesn't exactly effect me anyway >.>

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 17 September 2011 at 5:51 AM

@cafe
Thanks, I've thought about different kinds of discount too, but I think BOGO might be a bit much, but maybe it could do that with the regular cash shop items once a month 😊 But everything depends on what Ian likes too and I haven't seen any of his opinions on these types of subjects so far :/

@smilies

Ok, everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Maybe other people will like my idea 😊

9,386 posts

smilies • 17 September 2011 at 5:55 AM

@dionaea Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it. I suppose there are just a lot of people complaining about prices >.> I get it, I get it.

3,562 posts

cafe • 17 September 2011 at 5:59 AM

@dionaea

Noo, I mean like, on special occasions xD Not year round.

Like, On Christmas day, maybe a bogo sale; a Christmas special.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 17 September 2011 at 6:02 AM

@smilies

Yeah, I know, it annoys me too sometimes, but I decided to put this up anyway, since I really don't like some of the other ideas.

One was to hugely lower all prices once a month on a set day, which (like you said) is boring and will probably cost Ian a lot of money, plus what if you can't get on on that day? The other was to give a bonus with the 2500 CC, which I think is unfair since some kids simply don't have that kind of money but still spend most of their allowance here, why shouldn't they get something?

@cafe

Yeah, that would be nice 😊

3,562 posts

cafe • 17 September 2011 at 6:04 AM

I can't spend 25 on here :/ Maybe 5 here and there, but not 25.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 17 September 2011 at 6:06 AM

@cafe

That's what I mean, giving a bonus with the 25 is just unfair. And I'm not saying that because I can't afford it, I've bought 25 twice so far. It's just not fair, especially on a site which is also aimed at a younger audience.

3,562 posts

cafe • 17 September 2011 at 6:12 AM

Lolol, that made me start to ramble [I deleted it] but now I'm a little down xD [Not about the bonus, what my rambling made me realize]

I like this. It's basically a coupon [Which we use everyday, my job is to cut and organize the coupon book.]