The Unquiet Dead {Roleplay}

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 5 June 2017 at 11:06 PM

Intro

It was a very average day in the Shattered Isles, most people had well adjusted to the sudden rebirth of magic among the land. And then the murders started. A few at first, mainly being chalked up to bandits harassing travellers. When they started in towns people became worried. Not enough to call foe the Lord Defender to intervene but enough for suspicion to rise.

When the Lord Defender turned up dead people became frantic.

When those formerly dead started walking about like nothing was wrong people started locking themselves in their houses and major cities started sealing their doors.

When those raised dead began turning into monsters people fled to the capital. Or at least those who survived.

At that point a small group was gathered, a mess of those unwary of the current killings. They were sent by the High Queen to find the source and end this madness plaguing her kingdom. Of course this group was made up of some of the more altruistic citizens and some of the more self-centered citizens.

That is where you come in. One of the citizens who approached the Queen seeking to stop these strange and terrifying occurrences.

Rules

- No perfect characters, no characters in which the plot and world bends to them, no overly powered characters
- Every character needs a weakness that is a result of outside affects, so no character only having inner limits, in this world all powers have a negation substance. Find one, use it.
- No controlling others characters and no having fights in which you don't give the other a reaction time. You can't have your character break Character B's nose without Character B's owner doing something to either move out of the way, block or react
- No omni-powers, invisibility, invincibility, mind-reading or controlling, life and/or death manipulation, unnumbered shapeshifting, and no powers that can one hit kill others
- The only exception to the above rule and I mean the only exception, is omnilingualism. That's it.
- No overdramatic weaknesses like a bloodlust only satable by killing x amount of (things), or they must sleep for x amount of hours in which x ≥ 2, or they lose x amount of (personality aspect or normal human trait) every time they use their powers.
- Being a semiliterate RP I must ask that you post at least a 4+ sentence paragraph every post, make clear differentiation between who is speaking, between speaking and thoughts, and use decent grammar and spelling.
- If you understand the rules put a fun fact about your character in the other section.
- The group characters are all bound together and as such they have to work with one another. So as a result I will say that if you're characters in the group you can't kill other's characters without proper reason(other character tried to kill your character or something) or have a character that is a mass murderer pretending to be friendly only to turn on everyone one and a half pages into the RP. Again limited to characters within the group.
- Ping everyone in your posts. Regardless of whether or not you subscribe. You will be pinged and you will ping.
- If you're using first person state who's POV you're using when you use them.
- Follow all forum rules and all EggCave site rules.
- Please try to avoid starting major drama until at least page two. This allows for people to develop relations and to establish their character.
- The main antagonist will be controlled by me. But their henchmen can by made into playable characters once the time arrives to use them. The henchmen cannot deviate from following Antagonist if you make one.
- No unnecessary drama such as a character being needlessly upset over some simple thing. Or a character simply being a drama queen in general.
- Avoid using all caps and excessive punctuation. A simple exclamation mark followed by a statement of how the character said it angrily is sufficient enough. A lot of caps kind of gives me a lot of anxiety.
- Please post when possible. I understand that life comes up and makes it harder to post. Believe me I have been there a lot. But please if you can and are replying to other threads try and drop in here for a response.
- The time is modern enough for clothing but not for technology. The clothing is up to date. But technology is no more advanced than crossbows.
- Max of five characters at any given point. Once the antagonist becomes a bit more prominent this might change.
- If you break these rules more than 3 times you will be removed from the RP.
- If you agree to these rules put a song to represent your character in code.

Character List

Trying something new here.

@pitch1226
Paxon Setilli, a 21 year old male Avian, with flight, fire manipulation and the ability to throw feathers like throwing stars. Paxon is weak to obsidian and pulling his feathers is very painful. Paxon seeks the evil because he wants to help, he wishes for everyone to be happy. He fights with his feathers.

@kurochi-akuma
Jack Hansen, a 22 year old male Werewolf-Witch, with the ability to transform into a wolf on full moons, curse others and cast spells. He cannot control his wolf half, and he needs a lot of energy to perform his magic. Jack seeks the evil because he believes that what is happening is bad for all involved and wants to stop it. He fights with spells.

@panda9983
Ella, a 21 year old female Elf, with enhanced abilities, some magic and nature manipulation. She is in touch with nature, and can feel the nature around her often causing her distress enough to loose her control over it, she doesn't like using her manipultion, her magic is limited to minor spells, she is very weak to copper. Ella seeks the evil because she wants a peaceful future. She fights with a bow and arrow.

@togepi360
Bubbles Stira, a 20 year old Seal-Human, she can shift between a seal and a human, in her human form she can form strong bubble constructs, and in her seal form she can form ice constructs. Her human powers are unstable, and her human powers are weak to pollen and flowers, her seal powers don't work near steel, transforming between forms is stressful and takes a lot of energy, so she usually is in one form. She seeks the evil because she wants everyone to be happy and so the dead can rest in peace. She fights with her tail, bubble weapons and ice weapons. Her brother is Sparky Stira.

Sparky Stira, a 24 year old male Thunderbird-Human, he has lightning and thunder control, and can transform into a thunderbird. His lightning powers are unstable when near crystals, like his sister his transforming takes a lot of energy usually ending with him stuck in one form. He seeks the evil to look out for his sister as he doesn't believe she can't, and for the glory. He fights with his thunder and lightning control. His sister is Bubbles Stira.

@thebrokenvibe
Muse Petrell, a 19 year old female Sorceress-Trickster, she can teleport, summon organic creatures, perform magic, levitate, and speak to dragons and similar creatures. Teleporting is very strenuous and often is done without her consent, teleportation results in an unconscious Muse. She can only summon organic mammals she's seen before, and they last a very short amount of time. Her magic depends on the energy and life around her, she can only levitate a few feet off the ground. Iron can negate all but her communication with other creatures. She seeks the evil because she refuses to let Emry have the glory and because her father asked her to. Muse fights with a bow and arrow. She is the daughter of the dead Lord Defender Kalmia. She cannot fully control her powers despite knowing what they are.

Quin, a 19 year old agender Sea-Serpent and Basilisk Xula, Quin can shapeshift between having a sea serpent lower body, a basilisk lower body and scale covered human legs, they have venom filled fangs, water breathing when in sea serpent mode, eyes that can daze others and cause them to sleep when eye contact is made, the ability to commune and urge animals to listen to them, and saw scales across their body. Quin is very weak to iron and steel, which causes them to revert into a basilisk lower body, they cannot keep legs for very long and can't shut off their eye dazing. Quin seeks the evil because they refuse to leave Muse alone as the young woman would surely get herself killed without Quin to keep her impulses regulated. Quin fights with their fangs, scales and powers.

Emry, a 20 year old male half fae sorcerer with various magic types, and the ability to freeze oncoming enemies. When wielding the Staff of the Lord Defender he can also summon felled Lord Defenders and create protective, healing bubbles. He can only control the magic around him, and freeze oncoming enemies within four feet, iron nulls his powers, and he cannot summon or form protective bubbles without the Staff. He seeks the evil because it is his job and because he wants his staff back. He fights with his magic and a hammer. He was chosen to take the Lord Defender's job after the other died.

{We're up! Feel free to start, everyone will begin by gathering just outside the gates of the main city.}

Deleted • 7 June 2017 at 1:42 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Sorry, I was busy.

Bubbles looked over at Sparky. They were supposed to be gathering here, but why were we so close to the outside of the city? Sparky patted her head like she was a little kid. "Don't worry." he mocked a little as he looked out to see what was going on.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 8 June 2017 at 3:43 AM

@togepi360 (For now please ping everyone. Once things get rolling we can adjust the pinging.) @pitch1226 @panda9983 @kurochi-akuma

Muse shrugged off her mother's hand. The woman had grown more protective of the daughter she had aggressively shunned in the time leading up to Muse's leaving and she was fairly upset. If Andromena had wanted to be a mother she should have acted like one before.

She turned away, hiking her satchel further up onto her shoulders before saying her farewell. "I'll see you guys soon. The trip won't last that long, there's a lot of us going. I'll make sure I don't die." she promised.

At that point Quin came around from the back of their house. The Xula walking uncomfortably on legs as they grabbed the last bag of supplies from their childhood friends house.

"And I'll make sure she keeps that promise." Quin added, as Muse hugged her two sisters goodbye. "But trust me. If anyone can at least find out who is causing this, Muse will. She has enough stubbornness in her to fight death off."

Andromena rolled her eyes before the two headed towards the city gates. Already others were gathering. Muse grinned devilishly before she hurried forwards leaving Quin behind as Emry joined up.

"I see you're all ready." the half elf said, his voice significantly less condescending than Quin last remembered. It probably had something to do with Emry's family being lost in the recent storms.

"As are you. We should hurry, Muse is planning something. I saw it in her eyes before she ran off to go bother those two." Quin replied, gazing carefully towards where Muse now seemed to have paused. She was a few feet from the other two gathered there. Never a good sign.

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 8 June 2017 at 3:55 AM

@togepi360 @pitch1226 @thebrokenvibe @kurochi-akuma

Ella glanced at the people already gathering. She had already gotten ready for the journey, her bag slung over her shoulder. She stopped to see if she packed everything. Ella just wished the journey was over already. She got up and looked around her again. She won't trust anyone yet. At least not till they've started on the journey yet and was almost done with it. Stepping back, she distanced herself from the others.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 10 June 2017 at 3:33 PM

@poe @pitch1226 @togepi360 @panda9983 @kurochi-akuma

Muse stopped before the two people before her. She grinned before extending a hand. "Good to know we're not the only ones here." she said. "I'm Muse."

She glanced towards Quin and Emry waiting for the others to catch up. But they seemed to have been caught up in a discussion a few feet away.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 21 June 2017 at 10:24 PM

@thebrokenvibe @pitch1226 @togepi360 @panda9983 @kurochi-akuma

The group slowly coalesced as the haphazard hopefuls gathered on the outskirts of the city. A variety of species were present, Terra observed, standing next to the spirit with her. The spirit manifested as a strong, shaggy, antlered beast on four cloven hooves, much like an elk or antelope. Terra patted the spirit's side approaching the group, as the tall young woman with fiery eyes and messy brown hair introduced herself as Muse.

Terra smiled at those arrived, interested in the people she would be traveling with for an undetermined time. She wondered what their reasons were for embarking on this journey.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 26 June 2017 at 7:05 PM

@togepi360 @Poe @pitch1226 @kurochi-akuma @panda9983
(Sorry for not responding. It seems every time I try to make a past my browser reloads the page.)

Emry looked over at the newcomer to their group. He left Quin to their own devices as he headed towards her.

"Good to meet you." Emry said, as he got closer. "I suspect you're here for fixing whatever's going on?"

Deleted • 26 June 2017 at 9:10 PM

@thebrokenvibe @pitch1226 @togepi360 @panda9983 @kurochi-akuma

I'm sorry but I am into to many Rps and have to quit this one. Do whatever you want with my characters.