I need your ideas

in Chit-Chat

Female
246 posts

crazyfeline • 4 August 2017 at 8:28 PM

Hi all 😊

I need idea for some art.

So. My boyfriend's mum owns this takeaway shop. It's more of a cafe like place, but they do do take away foods. As well as cake decorating. The cakes are probably the biggest thing they do.

My boyfriend's mum saw in a photo I'd sent him one day a painting I'd done. And then he showed her some more. She mentioned to him it'd be cool to have stuff like that around the shop.
Although neither of them have asked me to do it, it's been slightly hinted at.

I mentioned to him yesterday I was going to paint something and bring it in and if she didn't like it it could just be binned or something. He said I should ask her what to paint, although she'll like anything. But I've said no for the first one because I want it to be a nice surprise and I'm going to keep acting like I'm ignoring the hints and just bring one in.

But I don't really know what to paint.
I was thinking a cake(?)

Any ideas of what sort of art would look nice in a little cafe?

I'm all for suggestions on anything. And pictures for ideas 😸

I really want to do something nice that I know will be the right idea 😊

Female
1,047 posts

leafstarofskyclan • 6 August 2017 at 4:59 AM

@crazyfeline Being an artist myself, I know the feeling. What are the decorations like in her shop? What's the name? Maybe theme it to coincide with what would be around it. If all is lost, a cake, yeah XD Good luck!

Female
129 posts

wavypavy • 7 August 2017 at 7:30 AM

@crazyfeline
I think birds and flowers are nice decorations in a cafe, but not if they're over bright and cheesy. If there's already a kind of colour scheme you could look for flowers and birds that match.
I hope this gave you some ideas 😊