The Addermire Dragons {Sign-Ups}

in Roleplaying

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 17 August 2017 at 9:17 PM

Intro

For many generations the dragons of Addermire lived in a relative peace, the great StarMiir dragons would rule as the leaders of Addermire. A few generations back, one of the Oracles, received a warning, stating the vanishing of the StarMiir. Sure enough at the turning of the more recent era the StarMiir all vanished without a trace. No bodies were found, no signs of a struggle were detected, nothing. They just vanished.

The remaining Ailyum of the remaining Miir turned to the Three Oracles for advice, and receiving none, fell into a war for dominance. The Three Oracles, since forced out of the dragon society turned to the Yuixlae, those formerly of Miir but since scorned. The Oracles received shelter and a new home amongst the Yuixlae. Six or so generations since they were forced from society they received a prophecy to help end this war and return the rightful Miir to their home.

Urged on by the hope of a better world a set of Yuixlae were sent to the Miir to track down the chosen dragons.

Prophecy

Please note the prophecy is still in development. It will alter as the necessary dragons are chosen from the gathered forms. To have a specific dragon considered I would recommend you state "Prophecy Consideration" in the other section of the form for that specific dragon.

Taken Prophecy slots are the Yuixlae and the BlazeMiir. The Open are the ClayMiir, MistMiir, BreezeMiir, FrostMiir, ShadeMiir, and GlowMiir.

The Stars have gone, left without a trace.
In the wake they left Miir fights Miir.
As the sun turns to a new era,
Eight shall rise to find the Lost and restore peace.

The selfless outcast born of the darkest shadows,
A firebrand of the hottest of flames.
Save for ClayMiir
Save for MistMiir
Save for BreezeMiir
Save for FrostMiir
Save for ShadeMiir
Save for GlowMiir

Miir

Miir refers to the individual dragon species as well as to the Tribe/Clans.

BlazeMiir BlazeMiir can be sandy gold, pale red, orange, and yellow in coloration. They have venomous talons and a barbed tail as natural defenses. They tend to be very smooth scaled and most have feathery manes or frills on their necks. BlazeMiir can ignite themselves on fire and breathe fire. BlazeMiir can survive intense heats and for extended periods when water is unavailable.

ClayMiir ClayMiir can be dark brown, light brown, dark gold and green in coloration. They have large clubbed tails and venomous fangs as their natural defenses. ClayMiir tend to have very rough scales and appear very rocky, their talons are larger and a bit more blunt for digging than other dragons. They can spit venom and breathe fire.

MistMiir MistMiir can be pale blue, dark blue, green, and silvery blue in coloration. They have spaded tails and venomous talons as their natural defenses. MistMiir have very smooth scales although they tend to be very slick, they have webbed toes, their talons tend to be a big more soft than other dragons. MistMiir can breathe boiling hot steam and cover their body in acid like mucus. MistMiir can survive underwater and communicate with a form of tail maneuvers mixed with wing signs when underwater.

BreezeMiir BreezeMiir are red, orange, purple, blue, and yellow in coloration. They have whiplike tails and small venomous barbs on their ankles. BreezeMiir have very soft scales and tend to have very large feathery wings, their talons are fairly small compared to others. They can breathe fire, create large gusts of wind with their wings, and when a large breath is taken they can exhale with enough force to stagger most enemies.

FrostMiir FrostMiir have white, light blue and silvery gray coloration. They have hollow venomous spikes running across their body and a clubbed-spiked tail. FrostMiir tend to have fur as well as their scales, they have large and hooked claws and appear very glasslike, despite being almost as tough as ClayMiir. They can exhale frigid blasts of air and fire the spikes on their body when threatened with death, the firing of their spikes tends to only work once as the spikes take at the very least four weeks to regrow. FrostMiir are capable of surviving in severely cold weather.

ShadeMiir ShadeMiir are dark grays and black in coloration. They have keeled, or saw rigged, scales along their backs, shadow camouflage, and venomous saliva as their natural defenses. ShadeMiir tend to have very rough and painful scales, they are polydactyl compared to almost every other dragon species, unlike most dragons they have normal tails. They can breathe fire and spit venom.

GlowMiir GlowMiir tend to be a wide variety of colors, save for white, black and gray. They have keeled scales, venomous spit, and can reflect light off their scales to blend in with their surroundings as their natural defenses. GlowMiir tend to be very rough and painfully scaled, are polydactyl and have a relatively normal tail. They can breathe fire and spit venom.

StarMiir Nothing is solidly known about the StarMiir, save that they were allegedly pure black with white-silver star like spots, or solid white-silver with black star like spots. It is thought that they were the first dragons to hold magic, and passed it down to cross Miir children. No living dragon has seen StarMiir for over 6 generations at the least, save for the blind Oracles.

Extra Details and Fun Facts

All dragons, while being quadrupeds, have hand like front feet. This allows them to wield weapons, carry objects, write, craft and read.

Rarely dragons can be born with extra magic, commonly referred to as Krolie, earning them physic abilities like, telepathy(meaning they can speak to other dragons directly through their mind without needing to speak), telekinesis, precognition, or empathy, among other powers. These dragons are fairly rare, but there are at least two in every group.

Hybrids do not exist, this is because the genetic make-up of the dragons means the mother's Miir is dominant, and so all hatchlings of a cross Miir relationship all resemble the mother's Miir. Technically the hatchlings do indeed have both Miir in them, but they will only ever exhibit the traits of their mother.

It is rumored that Krolie dragons are descendant from the StarMiir.

The GlowMiir and the ShadeMiir are very similar in build because they come from a common ancestor.

Dragons have very long lives, with the oldest non-Oracles being around 400, despite this, they mature very slowly. So ages are relatively close to humans by way of consideration. 1-6 is hatchling, 7-13 is their child age, 14-20 is adolescent, and 21 and up is adult.

"Standing" as it is referred to in the form, means are they Yuixlae or are they in the proper tribe.

You can make a dragon be the gathered for the prophecy dragon of their Miir, these Gatherers must be Yuixlae, and of an unclaimed Gatherer Miir. To have them simply put "Gatherer" in the other slot of their form.

Dragons who are of the Yuixlae are often descendants of outcast dragons, but occasionally deserters or those who have committed foul crimes are sent to live as Yuixlae.

Pronounciations

Miir - Mer as in "mermaid"
Yuixlae: Yiks-lay; front half sounds similar to Styx
Krolie: Kr-Oh-Lee; sounds similar to canolie.

Rules

- No Mary Sue's, or Powerplaying
- Do not control another users characters, unless explicit, public permission is given. This also goes for if they get into a fight.
- You may make up to four characters.
- Follow all of the EggCave Rules
- No romance, this is stated in the EggCave Role play guidelines but somehow a majority of RPs I make it join end up getting a stern warning from the staff about romance. So I wanted to mention it again.
- Depending on the number of who joins people can get between 1-2 prophecy dragons.
- Prophecy dragons cannot come from the same Miir, save for the Yuixlae dragon.
- You cannot make StarMiir dragons. This is for fairly obvious reasons.
- Everyone is allowed only one Krolie dragon at the start, for the same reasons as stated in the above section.
- Non-Prophecy dragons can still accompany the Prophecy dragons, but they won't be able to fulfil the prophecy.
- Please be considerate to others
- It is recommended you reply when possible, it's pretty rude if others are posting here and you're only replying to other threads.
- Prophecy dragons are not first come first serve, especially when I'm offline or busy doing something else. When I return I will choose the best fit out of the options, or whoever has the form filled out correctly.
- There isn't a minimum for sentences, my only requirement is you don't just make a post of solely dialogue with no actions.
- Everything on the form is required unless stated in the form.
- Try to keep genders even, especially amongst the prophecy dragons.
- Again, hybrids always look like the mother. You can have them, but they won't exhibit their fathers traits.
- Gender doesn't have to be just male or female.
- If you agree to the rules put whatever character alignment is closest to your character in code.

Form

Name:
Pronouns:
Miir:
Looks:
Standing:
Magic(y/n):
Magic Type(from given list, and only if they have magic):
Mother:
Father:
Siblings(not required):
Personality:
Past:
Other:
Code:

My Forms

Name: Mehanes
Pronouns: Any and all.
Miir: BlazeMiir
Looks: Mehanes has bright orange scales, with yellow patches. She has deep gold eyes and a frill of red feathers along her neck.
Standing: In the Tribe.
Magic: No
Magic Type(from given list, and only if they have magic): Doesn't have magic
Mother: Meridian
Father: Moril
Siblings(not required): None
Personality: Mehanes is very temperamental, he tends to be very rash and quick to action. Mehanes has a sharp tongue, and they can often get very aggressive when debating, especially over topics they are passionate about.
Past: Mehanes was born to the BlazeMiir tribe, they lost their parents shortly after hatching and so was raised by the community as a whole. This caused Mehanes to get a bit too overexposed at a young age and so he began to grow temperamental at most things. She never really grew out of her temperament issues but has since been able to control them better.
Other: Is the BlazeMiir mentioned in the prophecy.
Code: Chaotic Neutral

Name: Pyralite
Pronouns: She/Her/They/Them
Miir: ShadeMiir
Looks: A black dragon with a few lighter gray streaks around the eyes and across their back. Pyralite has silver eyes.
Standing: Yuixlae
Magic(y/n): Yes
Magic Type(only if they have magic): Empathy
Mother: Pyraleen
Father: Skylite
Personality: Pyralite is very cautious and reserved, tending to be emotionless. They tend not to express emotions as they are constantly affected by the emotions of others often causing mood swings. This can often cause her to be seen as heartless and cruel, but is really a way to avoid causing unnecessary damage to others. Despite this, Pyralite goes out of their way to help others. Often stealing their own pain when wounds are severe, and aiding in plans to garner more food of shelter as she can tell when others are lying about their situation or not.
Past: Pyralite was born to two Yuixlae ShadeMiir. Her father was born of two Korlie but was not one himself so it was not a big surprise when Pyralite was shown to have magic, espite this her parents sheltered her for the first half of her life. It was only after Pyralite became of age that their parents allowed them to leave, and so Pyralite was drawn to the Oracles.
Other: Pyralite's empathy manifests in the ability to sense and replicate other emotions and feelings, as well as being able to steal their pain and give it to herself. Pyralite is the Yuixlae spoken of in the prophecy.
Code: Chaotic Good

Name: Echis
Pronouns: He/Him
Miir: GlowMiir
Looks: Echis, while constantly altering his colors, tends to be a golden color with orange splashes along his legs.
Magic(y/n): No
Magic Type(from given list, and only if they have magic): No magic
Mother: Shari
Father: Espit
Personality: A very bubbly individual, Echis tends to be very kind and friendly. He will stop at nothing to ensure that those he is on good terms with stay safe, at least when it is within the realm of acceptance.
Past: Echis was born into the GlowMiir Tribe but was soon kicked out after he defended his friend from the Tribes leader after his friend was forced to attack a dignitary from one of the other Tribes. Echis since made his home in the outskirts of society, and serves as something of an advisor for the younger Yuixlae.
Other: Nothing
Code: Neutral Good

@eggslover You asked to be pinged.

Deleted • 14 October 2017 at 12:12 AM

Name: Storm
Pronouns: She and Her
Miir: GlowMiir
Standing: Yuixlea
Magic: Yes
Magic Type: Telekinesis
Mother: Shadowwing
Father: Stormfire
Siblings: None
Personality: Loving and kind but if you get her mad, she'll go crazy like a hurricane or a tornado and try to hunt the one that made her mad unless the one is in GlowMiir.
Past: Parents died when she was 10. She though was born into the glowmiir. Her parents died when away getting some food. She thinks that someone killed them but she will never know how they got killed.
Other: N/A
Code: Moon Shard

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 19 October 2017 at 1:07 AM

@thebrokenvibe

Name: Aer(I suppose you pronounce it as Air but I don't take Latin, just randomly searched it up.)
Pronouns: They/Them
Miir: Mist Miir
Looks: Aer has silvery blue scales with sky blue eyes.
Standing: In the Tribe
Magic(y/n): No
Magic Type(from given list, and only if they have magic): No magic
Mother: Haze
Father: Smoke
Siblings(not required): N/A
Personality: Free spirited and like to be rebellious, which is a miracle why they haven't been kicked out of the tribe yet. They are very curious and bold, liking to stand up to themselves. Is very nice and kind though, once you get to know them.
Past: They were born into the tribe of the Mist Miir. Aer lost their parents when they were young hatchlings so they were brought up by the community. They think of themselves
Other: N/A

Name: Lumen
Pronouns: She/Her/They/Them
Miir: Glow Miir
Looks: Usually, Lumen has scales of pink,with splashes of yellow, and orange on her body. She also light splashes of purple on her legs. Her eyes supposedly really light gray, but sometimes look different if the sun hits the right angle.
Magic Type(from given list, and only if they have magic): Telepathy
Mother: Lumi
Father: Lueur
Personality: Lumen is a very bright, clever, and chatty dragon, with a positive outlook to all things. They are very persuasive, though sometimes annoying. She only wishes the best of others and has a kind heart. They are friendly, and always tries to help. Lumen is curious and adventurous. She is naive and still thinks everything is sunshine and rainbows.
Past: Her parents became Yuixlaes(after she hatched), but she was raised in the tribe. Growing up with others, she had managed to penetrate even the social outcasts. She is very persuasive because of this, which is a useful skill.
Other: None
Code: Surprisingly, Neutral.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 19 October 2017 at 1:56 AM

1. @thebrokenvibe you have to stop making these amazing stories! I am far to obsessive!
2. I don't have a character prepared as of now but I'll post at least one in a bit.
3. Are you a fan of D&D? Just asking because of the alignment thing.
4. I have a few questions as usual...
・ What is the world like physically? hot, cold? forests, mountains?
・ What are the differences between tribe and Yuixlea society and lifestyle? settlements? leadership? population numbers?
・ How does the war effect our dragons? Who/what affiliations are fighting? Who is wining the war? Have a lot of dragons died?
・ If dragons can have extra magic, what is regular dragon magic like?

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 19 October 2017 at 4:55 AM

@alastrine I'm not technically a fan of D&D as I've never played it recently, although when I was younger I would often join my dad when he did sessions with family friends. So while it's been around 10 years, I've managed to maintain the enjoyment from when I did play.

* The world is a mix, with Yuixlae mainly in a desert and the Miir in more city like settlements among various areas close to their grouping. For an example I would generally view Earth, but scaled down.

* Main differences are Yuixlae don't really care what Miir someone is, as well as them not having a leader. Yuixlae rule through kind of a democracy, with a council making the choices instead of just one dragon. And they live relatively nomadic.

* The war affects the characters as it plays a constant threat, battles are happening nearly everywhere and small groups can often get caught up and attacked by both sides. Or often accused of treason for harmlessly passing by. Currently it's just any Miir for themselves. And at the moment, I would say GlowMiir and ShadeMiir are winning, although not by much and only because others can't directly attack them without basic magic in account of their scales. And a lot do die, and have died.

* Basically the magic they have is breathing fire/steam/ice.

@panda9983 Just to clarify if Lumen was a GlowMiir in the tribe, how did she become Yuixlae? I might just be missing something.

@wolfspike23 How did she end up a Yuixlae of she was born to the GlowMiir tribe? And what does Moon Shard mean?

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 19 October 2017 at 7:49 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Would her parents leaving shortly before her hatching work.If not, she can still be in the tribe. Sorry for the confusion.

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 20 October 2017 at 2:55 AM

@panda9983 that would work. Although if you did want you could use her curiosity to your advantage and have it painted as her being a rebel or something. Up to you.

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 20 October 2017 at 7:15 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Suppose that it could change as the story progresses. I'm not sure how character alignments work but I do have a basic concept of it.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 30 October 2017 at 3:27 AM

Name: Luxnoctis
Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
Miir: Breeze Miir
Looks: Luxnoctis’s scales are a shade of purple so dark that on first glance they appear black, his feathers, eyes & under-belly, however, are a toxic purple hue. He is also quite small for his kind yet has average sized wings and tail.
Standing: In the Tribe
Magic: Yes
Magic Type: Precognition
Mother: Seier
Father: Eiaban
Personality: Luxnoctis is a nihilist with a bitter outlook on most situations, he tends to find the worst part of a person and perceive them from a cynical point of view. He doesn’t seem to care about how others perceive him, if he is liked or hated, he doesn’t care.
Past: Luxnoctis never had many close relationship and was emotionally distance from his parents, they didn’t complain about that though as Luxnoctis tended to act out when something wasn’t scattered to his every whim. He never really stood up for a cause or a dragon, if he was ever motivated it would be out of a selfish act.
Other: Prophecy Consideration
Code: Chaotic Neutral

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 31 October 2017 at 10:41 PM

@thebrokenvibe

Name: Anima (she is named after her mother)
Pronouns: She/Her
Miir: Breeze
Looks: A bright blue dragon with dark purple eyes. She is rather small for her age.
Standing: In the tribe
Magic Type(from given list, and only if they have magic): Empathy
Mother: Anima
Father: Breeze
Personality: Noticeable cold and distant, often lost in her own train of thoughts. Reserved and quiet, she doesn't speak often. Tends to be cautious and usually seems emotionless. Anima is calm and patient, and also brave and selfless.
Past: Anima was once a happy go lucky dragon with her mother and father. That changed when her mother died. From a small age, she was taught to hide her emotions because her father would often direct his anger toward her, and it would often make her angry too. Rarely were there ever any interactions toward them. Anima decided to focus her attention on her fellow dragons and help them. She grew up never speaking a single word to her father the day her mother died, and when he died, she regretted it instantly. That was the first time since her mother's death that she showed emotions, but she regained her composure in a blink of an eye. From that day on, she tried to change her ways, but it was too late.
Other: None
Code: Neutral

Female
7 posts

myrine • 6 November 2017 at 4:00 PM

@thebrokenvibe
This rp sounds so interesting and well dragons are dragons. Are there any other creatures besides dragons living in the world like nature spirits or things like that?

Also I'm not sure if this works but could being able to sense the intentions of dragons be a krolie power? An example of such would be that a dragon offered a character aid but a krolie just felt the need to turn the offer down as it just didn't feel right. I'm not too sure that what I'm describing isn't a form of empathy. If it is I will change the power on Palar's info.

Name: Balsa
Pronouns: She/Her
Miir: Shade
Looks: Dark grey scales with a black stripe along her spine and purple grey eyes
Standing: In the tribe (but wondering around Yuixlae territory with her companion)
Magic(y/n): none
Magic Type(from given list, and only if they have magic): none
Mother: Wisteria
Father: Bane
Siblings(not required): Eir - an older brother who spends all his time collecting books and art work.
Personality: Balsa is a very materialistic dragon who likes to hoard different things she finds appealing (mostly jewelry) and either wears her hoard on her body or store the items she can't wear in a little pack that she carries with her. Often she is very flamboyant/dramatic with her way of speaking or gestures and driven by her desire to collect all the beautiful things she sees in the world which causes her to look selfish to other dragons at first glance. The quickest way to anger her is to steal (or make an attempt) something from her hoard. In that case it is advised that the thief had better be good at hiding because she will not rest unless she has had retribution. Although motivated by selfish reasons, Balsa is a kind dragon deep down once you look past her hoard and will preform heroic actions without reward if she deems the situation calls for it.
Past: Balsa lived with her parents and brother in a shademiir tribe her whole life and just recently won her right to travel out in the world so she can fill her need to hoard shiny things. Her parents didn't want her to leave because of the unrest and political disputes that was going on in the world, so they told her she could only leave if she trained enough to beat one of the best village guards in a fight. Balsa threw herself into studying all the battle tactics and fighting forms she could learn from her brother's texts and somehow convinced the old guard trainer to let her participate in his fighting lessons. During the beginning of her journey, she happen to save Palar from a group of dragons that roamed the area looking for loan dragons to prey upon. Since then the two have been traveling together and Balsa often goes to her companion for advice on what to do while encouraging Palar to speak their mind.
Other: Prophecy Consideration

Name: Palar
Pronouns: They/Them
Miir: Clay
Looks: green eyes with dark brown and light brown scales arranged in a camouflage pattern to be able to hide in sand dunes
Magic Type(from given list, and only if they have magic): Empathy (or something else will edit later)
Mother: Jade
Father: Rygoth
Siblings(not required):None
Personality: Palar is a shy dragon who tends to be wary of any other dragons since their parents were killed in a raid on their yuixlae village a few years ago. They will occasionally speak using their voice but prefer to use gestures and hand signs for most conversations unless it is a conversation with close friends. Also they are hesitant to say what their true thoughts are on a subject. Since traveling with Balsa, Palar often gets exasperated with the shademiir's choices and can be her voice of reason as the claymiir has a very strong sense for right and wrong and wishes to help dragons in need.
Past: Palar was a one of the few hatchlings born to a small Yuixlae village. Their parents were very protective so they didn't have a lot of playmates growing up causing them to prefer to read or explore than talk to other dragons. After their whole village was attacked, Palar escaped and lived in a sand dune on top of a rock formation that was close to a neighboring village for a few years. Then one day a group of dragons came asking for shelter, sensing it would be an unwise decision to let the group in They just asked that the group go to the closest village for supplies. The group then attacked Palar's home and cornered them in the process. That's when Balsa came in to save them. Afterwards they took Balsa's offer to be her traveling companion as they felt a pull that it was the right thing to do. Palar will readily give their companion advise when she asks and encourages Balsa to do the right thing in whatever situations the pair get themselves into.
Other: Traveling companion to Balsa; Can sense what would be the right course of action in major situations and can tell if a dragon has good or bad intentions.
Code: Neutral Good

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 6 November 2017 at 4:19 PM

Hey there 😊 @myrine just so you know @thebrokenvibe won't be on for a few days due to some personal issues, but I'm sure they will answer back when they can.

Female
7 posts

myrine • 6 November 2017 at 4:21 PM

@alastrine
Okay. Thank you for letting me know. I hope everything turns out well for them.

Female
127 posts

alastrine • 6 November 2017 at 4:23 PM

@myrine that makes both of us, have a nice day 😸

Gender Fluid
1,075 posts

thebrokenvibe • 8 November 2017 at 7:52 PM

@myrine So long as the Krolie can't directly tell what will happen that'd be fine. There are indeed different creatures, they're more a mix of mythological and real creatures. I'll try to compile a short list of them soon, and edit it into the first post.

Your characters are accepted.

@panda9983 @alastrine Sorry it took so long to reply, I've been having some issues with my cat. But you're characters are accepted. I'll try to update the first page soon.

Female
7 posts

myrine • 8 November 2017 at 9:06 PM

@thebrokenvibe
No, Palar can not tell what will happen in the future. It is kinda like suggestion feelings is the best way I know how to describe it. They can tell if an action will be the right or wrong one that could turn out good or bad for the dragon involved. Kinda like a really good gut feeling. I just don't know what to call it.

The reason I asked about the other species is I just imagined Balsa swooping in with in the first week of her journey and saving a certain tribe of a different race from dragons and just doing it because one of the leaders has a super cool arm bracelet that would look good in her hoard. Saving the tribe from their oppressors is just an added side effect.