OakClan {Sign-ups and Discussion} ~Always Open!~

in Roleplaying

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 5 December 2017 at 4:21 PM

Note: The lore and some other things will change as the roleplay progresses.

Second Note: The roleplay has started, but, as it states in the title, these are always open! But now that we've got enough for the prophecy (and the departing group), anyone accepted after the roleplay begins will have to be someone who joins the group later on, exceptions for those who had already made a character was was making a promised character afterwards.

~Lore~

The cats of the HighPeak Tribe had been starving in the mountains of their home, most unable to hunt due to their conditions as a sickness spread through the Tribe. Many died, some of starvation, others of the horrible sickness. Their leader sent the last of the capable cats off to find a new home, where they could survive. They were ashamed of themselves for leaving behind the Tribe and their family, but would not dare disobey their leader, and possibly the will of the Great Ancestors above. Now they leave in search of a new place to call home, unaware of the great dangers ahead... and the prophecy of the stars.

~Prophecy~

Sick and hungry, cold and dead. Many are these words, but not all, not yet. Eight. Their numbers shall be great. Though many fearful things. Many, many things others have hidden. Great creatures ready to attack, little prey on their journey, long-legged, pink-furred creatures waiting for capture, great monsters running down their paths to grab the journeying cats in their massive paws, and many more dangers await. But of none shall be warned.

Note: I'm horrible at prophecies when I'm trying to get them to rhyme.

~Rules~

1. No killing unless you have permission, it is in nobody's control, or it is also your character.

2. No godmodding or powerplaying.

3. Try to keep it realistic, please.

4. Do not include too much information on romance, as the EggCave rules state.

5. Follow the EggCave rules.

6. At least attempt to use correct grammar. Mine might not be perfect, but at least I try.

7. I discourage creating actual Warriors characters, though their names are fine.

8. There is no limit to creating characters, but I don't want the whole group populated by only your characters.

9. Cats only. No hybrids, no other animals unless it is from a different point of view. (Ex: The badger reared at Dawn.)

10. Almost everyone hopefully will be included somehow in the prophecy, but please don't try to take over the whole prophecy, and accept that you may not be one chosen to be a character exactly mentioned in the prophecy, or meant to fulfill it. I will PM people I choose for the main characters of the prophecy.

11. Recently I've been stressed out when separate languages are used, so please don't use other languages for terms.

~Form~

Name:
Clan:
Kin: (Optional)
Crush/Mate: (Optional, and if you do add one, please specify.)
Kits: (Optional)
Appearance:
Scars/Disabilities:
Personality:
Past: (If it gets too long, please separate it into separate paragraphs.)
Anything Special:
Other:

~Allegiances~

Traveling Group

Oak (Tom, controlled by @animalliterature)
Ripple (She-cat, controlled by @animalliterature)
Sparrow (She-cat, controlled by @tammytamtam)
Blackheart (She-cat, controlled by @fluffy_birdy_flower)
Darkhawk (Tom, controlled by @fluffy_birdy_flower)
Night (She-cat, controlled by @fluffy_birdy_flower)
River (She-cat, controlled by @panda9983)
Stream (Tom, controlled by @panda9983)
Pond (She-cat, controlled by @panda9983)

Rogues/Loners

White (She-cat, controlled by @fluffy_birdy_flower)
Cloud (Unknown gender, controlled by @fluffy_birdy_flower)
Rain (Tom, controlled by @fluffy_birdy_flower)
Bow (She-cat, controlled by @fluffy_birdy_flower)
Nightwing (She-cat, controlled by @lazyanon
Boulderpaw (Tom, controlled by @lazyanon)

~My Forms~

Name: Oak
Clan: None
Kin: ???
Crush/Mate: Ripple (Crush, alive)
Kits: None
Appearance: Oak is a brown tom (mixed types of brown) with amber eyes. His pelt is very fluffy, though when wet it is very sleek.
Scars/Disabilities: He has a nicked right ear, a scar on his muzzle, and his tail-tip is bitten off, causing it to often be mistaken for a broken-off twig.
Personality: He is calm and clever, and makes a great leader, but can sometimes be too thick-skulled to properly understand reasons of what others may be saying.
Past: Oak yawned and blinked, glancing around. He saw a small scrap of fur beside him and let out a squeal as he saw large amber eyes glaring inside of the small space he was trapped inside. He hid his head in between his paws. He heard screeching and yowling, and when he lifted his head again the glaring eyes were gone, and had been replaced with a kind, loving gaze. The she-cat raced towards him and began licking him. "You've opened your eyes!" she observed. Oak grew and never forgot that moment as a kit, his tail often stiff and blazing in pain as an apprentice from a tear the eagle had left before it had been chased out of the den and attacked again when found sneaking back in. Then, once he was a warrior, his tail was more easily controlled, and he could move his tail more freely than before. Then the sickness came. It fell upon the Tribe like a swooping hawk, attacking it's unaware prey. His brother died of starvation and his sister of the illness. He remembered his other brother, who had been killed by the eagle, and began to imagine that a curse had laid upon his kin as his parents were killed by the sickness as well.
Anything Special: He is the leader of the traveling group (and one of the chosen in the prophecy.)
Other: None.

Name: Ripple
Kin: ???
Crush/Mate: Oak (Crush, living)
Kits: None
Appearance: Ripple has a sleek, silver pelt tinted with a darker gray, two columns of spots running down her face to her muzzle, and light blue eyes with a particularly fluffy tail.
Scars/Disabilities: Ripple has several small scars on her tail, but otherwise, she is completely unharmed.
Personality: Ripple is kind and rather head-strong, making her an acceptable battle cat at times, but more useful in hunting, as she is very agile.
Past: Ripple watched as tom-kits constantly glanced her way and snorted in disgust. "Why do they always have to be so rude?" she whispered to her sister. She shrugged and continued to mess with a light that was showing through a crack in the den wall. Ripple glared at the tom-kits.

Ripple now was an apprentice, and she had developed a liking for a tom that was already seven moons older than her and a warrior now. But she was sure he liked her back, for he always flashed admiring glances at her, but they had never gotten a chance to speak to each other, so Ripple couldn't be sure.

Ripple glanced upwards as her father padded across the den to her. "We need to talk," he meowed gruffly. Ripple cocked her head to the side. "What---?" her father nosed her toward the entrance of the den. She padded out and followed him to a pond. They waited in silence for a while, until a group of scarred, weak cats fumbled up to the pond and began drinking. Suddenly a large group of huge, muscular cats leaped out of the bushes near the small pond and let out fierce battle-cries, attacking the cats. They soon began to flee without fighting back, and the cats who had won the battle left without even another glance at the pond. Ripple's eyes widened. "They didn't even mark their territory! They're so cruel!" a cat glanced back at the bush she and her father were in and muttered something then continued on.

"Ripple..." Ripple's father began. "Yes?" asked Ripple. "This is what I brought you here to speak about. Once you become a warrior for the Tribe, will you vow to protect everyone at all costs, even the cruelest and evilest of them all, and to protect the weak and the hidden?" Ripple stared at her father in shock. "Wh-what? I-I-I'm not sure I understand..." Ripple's father shook his head solemnly. "I'm afraid too many cats have fallen into the depths of cold harshness... I think if somebody could show them compassion and strengthen their trusts once again, it could really benefit the Tribe. But I already threw away that chance when I denied the position of deputy last moon. But you are a very kind and loyal apprentice, and soon, you will be a great warrior. I'm sure you will be a great choice of deputy. If you are chosen, I ask you, will you forever vow to protect the Tribe and never leave one behind, no matter their intentions or their state of health?" Ripple paused for a moment and answered, "Yes. I will. I promise."

Then, one moon before their warrior ceremony, Ripple's sister fell ill and died, along with many other cats of the Tribe. Ripple's insides felt sick as her mother died of the illness as well, and as her father died of starvation. She left the Tribe with a group of cats moons later to find a new den, and she felt bad for leaving behind everything she had ever known, but otherwise, she would die along with many other cats.

Anything Special: She is one of the chosen cats of the prophecy.
Other: She is well aware that at least three different cats have crushes on her.

Female
109 posts

tammytamtam • 6 December 2017 at 5:23 AM

NAME SPARROW
GENDER SHE CAT
AGE 41 MOONS
CLAN NONE
RANK NONE
KIN NONE
CRUSH/MATE TO BE REVEALED
KITS TO BE REVEALED
APPEARANCE A WHITE TURKISH ANGORA WITH A BANDAGE ON HER LEFT HIND LEG
SCARS/DISABILITIES SHE HAS A BANDAGE ON HER LEFT HIND LEG BECUZ OF AN INJURY
PERSONALITY EXTREMELY RASH
PAST SPARROW WAS A KITTYPET WHO LOST HER PARENTS LONG AGO SHE ALWAYS MOANS FOR HER FAMILY EVERYDAY ONE DAY SHE MET ........ AND FELL IN LOVE WITH HIM SHE MARRIED ...... AND GAVE BIRTH TO A KIT NAMED ........

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 6 December 2017 at 6:52 AM

@tammytamtam accepted but keep in mind they wouldn't have bandages so unless there was cobwebs on it the wound would be open to attack. Also, your form is missing the last two parts.

Female
109 posts

tammytamtam • 6 December 2017 at 8:28 AM

ANYTHING SPECIAL NONE
OTHER SHES FORMERLY OF AN UNKNOWN CLAN

Deleted • 8 December 2017 at 11:17 PM

Name:Black heart
Clan:...
Kin:
Mate: Dark Hawk
Kits: (None YET! btw if you wanna be the kit free spot 😋 )
Appearance:She has a white tail ears and paws. The rest of her is black
Scars/Disabilities:None
Personality:Mostly rude. Doesn't fight at all and she's selfish
Past: `` Ain't you gonna trust him`` Willow bird said
``Yeah.. In the Bottem of the pit of nothing``she said
``Ugh`` said willow bird
Anything special:Nothin
other: Nothin

Name: Dark Hawk
Kin:
Mate: Black Heart
Kits: (None)
Appearance:He has Black ears, Tail, And paws while the rest of him is gray
Scar/Disabilities: None
Personality: Always want's attention (so really selfish i dont know) Greety and Rude
Past: ``You sure you want to mate with Black heart she's like the queen of rudeness``???
``Ya right like she is going to be the queen of rudeness`` He said
Anything special:None
Other:None

Name: Night (Loner)
Kin: Shady (Bro), Ginger (Mom died), Killer (Dad)
Mate:???
Kits:???
Appearance: She's The color of the night with dark blue eyes Known mostly by her brother.
Scar/Disabilities: She has a scar on her tail right hind paw and Left ear
Personality: Tough, Rough, No manners, And rude
Past: ``She's beautiful`` Her mother said
``She looks like a worm! the boy is Better``her dad said
-Shady Laughed-

(2 moons later)

``NIGHT!!!!! LOOK WHAT YOU DID!`` Dad said -He Bit night and threw her to the tree-
``D-dad.`` Shady said
``Shady go! you dont want to get in trouble!``dad said

(1 moon later)

``Your the favorite child Shady Our dad never even cared about me!`` -Her left ear bleeding-
``Sis But our mom loves us`` Shady said
``SHE DIED! CAUSE OF DAD! `` -she cried-
``SHE ISN'T DEAD!!`` -Shady said
``OH REALLY COME!``
-She pointed at they're mother's body-
``N-n-no!`` Shady said
Anything special: Usually see's the spirit of her mother and see's her future in her dreams but doesn't believe in them
Other:She can't be seen at night in the morning she hides in dark places.

Name: Bow (Loner)
Age😸
Kin: Rain (Bro)
Mate:
Appearance: Brown With black stripes and a paws
Scar/Disabilities:None
Personality: Shy , Kind , And Brave ish.
Past: Forgotten
Anything special: None
Other: Friends: Cloud and white

Name: Rain (Loner)
Kin: Bow (Sis)
Mate:
Kits:??
Appearance: Brown with White stripes and paws
Scar/Disabilities: Scar on belly
Personality: Flirty, Kind Brave ish
Past: ``Hey look at that cute monster!``A two leg said
`` Be careful he's feisty!``
-He blacked out hearing meowing from the cage-
-He soon woke up- ``SIS SIS!!!``
Anything special:Nah

Name:Cloud (Loner)
Kin: Cloudy (Sister (dead) )
Appearance: Light white with Light gray paws tail and ears
Scar/Disabilities:??
Personality: Selfish, Tough , (Evil? who knows!?)
Past: ``Who are you?`` Rain said
``I'm cloud.`` -Cloud grinned-
``He i mean she i mean They look evil!`` Said White

Name:White (Loner)
Kin:None
Appearance: White with brown paws and a gray tail
Scar/Disabilities:???
Personality: Scared (Always) , Kind , Stutters.
Past: ``Hey Creepy queen!``
-Someone pulls her tail And faints Hears screaming she wakes up And she look's around everyone dead.-
Anything Special: None

Name: Shady
Clan:None
Kin: Night (Sis) Ginger (Mom) Killer (Dad
Appearance:Black with gray tail , Paws, and ears
Scar/Disabilities:???
Personality: Kind , Sweet , and Rough
Past: ``No..`` Shady said -She saw night run away and she looked at her- ``Night.``
Anything special: he can somtimes see where her sister is when he close her eyes
Other:???

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 9 December 2017 at 8:36 AM

.O. YoU'rE BAcK?

Deleted • 9 December 2017 at 2:59 PM

Yes.

I noticed They deleted my username too So i could re use it

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 9 December 2017 at 4:30 PM

@fluffy_birdy_flower, well, have you read the rules and stuff?

Deleted • 9 December 2017 at 4:35 PM

Yes

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 9 December 2017 at 4:37 PM

Okay, well I see nothing wrong with your characters otherwise. Accepted!

Deleted • 9 December 2017 at 4:37 PM

Yay

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 10 December 2017 at 1:06 AM

@animalliterature

Name: Silver Ripples of the River (River; formerly Birch)
Kin: Stream
Crush: Sky(formerly; they planned on to become mates after becoming warriors)
Appearance: A sleek, silvery white tabby with sharp blue eyes.
Scars/Disabilities: Her left ear is torn ear
Personality: Sweet, gentle, kind, and compassionate. She is quiet and reserved, known for being a little forgetful at times.
Past: River and Stream were born to two loners, and when they were still kits, their parents died. Orphaned, a loner took them in. After learning the basics, they set off, and renamed themselves. Then, she and her brother was accepted into the Tribe. There, she saw the illness overtake many, including her best friend and crush, Sky.
Anything Special: ???
Other: None

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 10 December 2017 at 12:54 PM

@panda9983 is Stream still alive? (Also, just a token of respect and appreciation that you made a Tribe name. I was too lazy to make a full Tribe name for Oak and Ripple.) Otherwise, excuse my question, your character is accepted!

@fluffy_birdy_flower hold on, you're counting your cats' ages in years? Depending on the species, a cat can only live for about 4-5 years, so technically all three of your cats would be long dead.

Deleted • 10 December 2017 at 1:15 PM

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 10 December 2017 at 1:20 PM

@fluffy_birdy_flower okay, Night is accepted as well then, as well as the loners.

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 10 December 2017 at 11:19 PM

@animalliterature

Yes, Stream is still alive, just was too lazy to make the character. 😋

Name: Minnows that leap in a Stream (Stream)
Kin: River
Crush/Mate: (Optional, and if you do add one, please specify.)
Appearance: A light gray tabby with bright blue eyes.
Scars/Disabilities: None yet
Personality: Lazy and relaxed, mostly carefree and naive.
Past: Stream and his sister were born to two loners. They died when he was still a kit and was adopted by a loner. They settled into the Tribe after learning how to hunt and protect themselves from harm from the loner.
Anything Special: None

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 11 December 2017 at 2:49 PM

@panda8863 Accepted!

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 11 December 2017 at 11:24 PM

@animalliterature

Name: Ripples in a Pond (Pond)
Kin: Stream (Half-brother; unknown); River (Half-sister; unknown)
Mate: Storm (deceased)
Kits: Expecting; 1/2 a moon to go at least
Appearance: A gray tabby with leaf green eyes.
Scars/Disabilities: She has a small scar on the side of her cheek.
Personality: Calm and collected, she is patient but sensitive. Pretty sarcastic and likes to take role as leader.
Past: Her father was born into the tribe, raised there, and fell in love with her mother. All was going well, but he acted differently for quiet some time. Then he left, telling her mother that his heart belonged to someone else.Her mother was pregnant at that time and gave birth to her. Her mother died heartbroken after getting sick. She was raised in the tribe and lived there until the sickness. It took Storm away, and she was expecting his kits by then.
Anything Special: Nothing

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 12 December 2017 at 3:22 PM

@panda9983 Accepted! @fluffy_birdy_flower Accepted Shady.

Deleted • 21 December 2017 at 9:22 AM

Name:Scout
Age 4
Clan:None
Kin: Cloud (Sis)
Crush/Mate:Sprout (Crush)
Appearance:White with ginger paws and ears
Scars/Disabilities:???
Personality:Kind and protective
Past:``Kitties!!!``
``Not them again.`` Said scout
-The humans picked up cloud and scout accidently knotting their tails-
Other: His tail is knotted to his sister's
Ts:Evelyn Evelyn

Clan:
Kin:Scout (Bro)
Crush/Mate:Flout (crush)
Kit
Appearance:White with ginger paw and ears
Scars/Disabilities:
Personality:Sweet, Curious,And protective
Past:``Kitties!``
``Not them again`` said scout
-The humans picked them up-
Anything special:None
Other:Her tail i knotted to her brother's
Ts: Evelyn Evelyn

Name: Flout
Clan:
Kin:Sprout (Sis)
Crush/Mate:
Kit:
Appearance:White with Black paws and ears
Scars/Disabilities:
Personality:Kind, Flirty, Curious
Past: ``There's flout!!!``
``help...``
-Half of the girl rouges chased flout soon flout hid behind a tree-
``Phew``
Anything special: \
Other:???
Ts: Do it for her/him (Duet with his sister)

Name: Sprout
Clan:
Kin:Flout (bro)
Crush/Mate: Scout (Crush)
Kit:
Appearance:White with black paws and ears
Scars/Disabilities:
Personality: Shy, Weak, Curious, Childish
Past:???
Anything special:
Other:??
Ts: Do it for him/her (Duet with her brother)

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 21 December 2017 at 10:08 AM

@fluffy_birdy_flower

~exhales~

So is the knot possible to penetrate or are they basically conjoined twins now?

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 21 December 2017 at 5:22 PM

@animalliterature are these okay? and if you want i can describe the dead ones i mentioned if you want me too

Name: Nightwing
Clan: formerly of the highpeak tribe but ran from the death and sickness of the tribe
Kin: (Optional) wingpelt (ded)
Crush/Mate: Grasswhisker who is dead
Kits: Paper kit (dead), moor kit (dead), and boulder paw
Appearance: a skinny and lean pure black she-cat with green eyes.
Scars/Disabilities: one old scar on her neck.
Personality☹️idk i like to make the personality while useing it if thats okay)
Past: (If it gets too long, please separate it into separate paragraphs.) ran away from her tribe with her kit to get away from the spreading sickness four moons ago.
Anything Special: will join the traveling cats later on
Other:

Name: boulderpaw
Clan: HighPeak tribe
Kin: (Optional) paperkit and moorkit (both dead)
Crush/Mate: (Optional, and if you do add one, please specify.) Rose (crush)
Kits: (Optional) none
Appearance: a light grey tom with a white underbelly and paw tips and darker grey speck on top coat with a stop of dark grey on middle of back and on top of head with blue eyes.
Scars/Disabilities: none!
Personality☹️ again i like to form the personality while useing the character.)
Past: (If it gets too long, please separate it into separate paragraphs.) sibling died at early age of sickness and followed his mom after they left the tribe
Anything Special: will join the traveling cats later
Other:

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 21 December 2017 at 5:31 PM

@lazyanon I normally wouldn't consider Paperkit or Wingpelt as names but I guess the Highpeak Tribe wouldn't care, so... I'll add Boulderpaw and Nightwing.

Female
27 posts

atlantaskyrael • 27 December 2017 at 12:50 PM

Wow, this seems interesting! I'll join soon.

Deleted • 27 December 2017 at 12:54 PM

(lel)

Female
27 posts

atlantaskyrael • 27 December 2017 at 12:58 PM

@fluffy_birdy_flower Is the traveling group a clan?

Deleted • 27 December 2017 at 1:05 PM

As it will become a clan they are just looking for a place to stay away from the illness, We already started the rp tho so don't get mad if the rp is ahead

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 27 December 2017 at 1:20 PM

Yes, @atlantaskyrael The traveling group will eventually become a Clan once they find a place to settle away from the spreading illness that took over the Tribe.

Though I've continued on with a different roleplay that I'll mainly focus on, so I might reply to things later than expected.

Deleted • 27 December 2017 at 1:21 PM

hi

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 27 December 2017 at 1:24 PM

What do you need?