Nervous for Christmas

in Chit-Chat

Female
246 posts

crazyfeline • 14 December 2017 at 6:19 PM

Hi all 😊
So I'm really nervous about Christmas and I guess I'm just posting here in case someone is in a similar situation, has some advice and so I can just say it.

Im going away camping for a week over Christmas with my boyfriend and his family and some of their friends. There will be 12 of us. From the other 11 I know 4 people.
We'll go see my family Christmas and stay there the night too. So I'll have that small break in the middle of camping.

But I'm really nervous that I won't fit in or I'll feel a bit left out or something. I'm worried I work enjoy camping. I'm really quiet and don't really do well around a lot of people. Especially when I don't know them. And I'm not going to make my boyfriend babysit me.
I reminded him of how quiet I am around a lot of people and that nothing is wrong if I get like that and he said he understands and I kind of made sure he's not going to stress about if I'm having fun or not.
I'm going to act like I am no matter what for everyone else's sake. I'm just worried I'll actually be hating it and waiting to go home is all.

My family will just be 3 people. So when we visit them there will only be the five of us.

I'm just really nervous..
I'm sure it'll all be fine, but still :/