Musicals Trash

in Chit-Chat

Transgender Male
10 posts

wonderdacat • 22 December 2017 at 3:03 AM

...I think I've officially become musical trash. (Also if you don't know who I am I'm doyoueverwonder but reborn).

First of all, let's talk about the amazing shows on Broadway!

HAMILTON!!!
'Cause he knows what to do in the trench, and fluent in French I mean-
I honestly love the musical Hamilton. It offers great songs, that are catchy and fast. Lin Manuel-Miranda found a way to make learning about history, fun?!

HEATHERS?! ANYONE?
Heathers gives me the vibes of my actual high school - it's so relatable, and the fact that it could actually happen in real life is both scary and weird. The music is amazing - with Lifeboat and Candy Store being my favorite.

UH, BE MORE CHILL?!
Giving me the same feeling that Heathers did, it tells a unique fictional story which is very interesting. The character of Michael is honestly someone you cannot love, and George Salazar played him - I mean, you can't hate him. I swear.

PJO, LIGHTNING THIEF!
I swear, I didn't know this was a thing until a few weeks ago - the music makes me energized, and honestly is just awesome by itself. With an amazing retell of the first book of Percy Jackson, it's much better than the movie by a long shot.

Guess what?! George Salazar played Grover! The same dude who played Michael in BMC! (Be More Chill).

Reply with any musicals you like - or if you want to discuss. ;D

~Wonder

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 22 December 2017 at 8:54 AM

Ham Fam.

That's all I have to say.

Ham Fam.

152 posts

chameleon • 28 December 2017 at 7:54 PM

Spongebob Squarepants the Musical.

Now I know what you’re thinking, my hs theatre teacher called me out on it when I told her a bunch of friends and I were going to see it, but holy crap IT WAS FANTASTIC. Not only does the soundtrack have a song for everyone, it’s memorable and captures each character’s personality fairly well. Also, both the set design and costume design are absolutely stunning, as is the technical work.