Hiding Creature Option

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 20 September 2011 at 6:02 PM

Hi I thought we should have an option to prevent a creature from getting feeds or clicks until we find someone to freeze it 😋 It would just be that egg question mark symbol until you unhide it to get the egg frozen. This would prevent accidental hatching while still encouraging the use of freezes (because you can't see your egg while it's hidden)

EDIT: There should be a limit of 5 hidden creatures at once just to improve the perks of CC purchase, as well as preventing happiness increase from feeding for the same reason.

Comments? 😸

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 20 September 2011 at 6:04 PM

Amazing. ;D

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 20 September 2011 at 6:05 PM

@lizardfeather, I see what you're saying but then wouldn't that be the same thing as freezing it? Just you don't have to spend money on it...

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 20 September 2011 at 6:06 PM

@leopardclaws well no because the egg doesn't actually show up (it has that black silhouette with the question mark) so in theory you can't see your egg while "hiding" it so you'd want to freeze it so you can see it 😸

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 20 September 2011 at 6:08 PM

@lizardfeather I guess so but prevention of feeds would take aways some of the perks of buying cavecash and buying a freeze potion

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 20 September 2011 at 6:47 PM

@leopardclaws Well true but it's no longer the issue where you HAVE to get it within a certain amount of time, you have time to trade without your creature's stage being messed up 😋

I should also add that you still have to put it in Tim's to keep it's happiness up so you REALLY want the freeze so you can get it to level 2000 so you don't have to worry about it dying ;3

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 20 September 2011 at 6:48 PM

Yeah, to me it sounds too much like freezing it.

Deleted • 20 September 2011 at 6:48 PM

@lizardfeather : 33 < i kind of like this idea...
but if they were feeding would they be able to see/feed this egg? : PP and maybe only like a uhh few should be able to be hidden at one time? idk.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 20 September 2011 at 6:50 PM

@venys Ooh good idea I'll add the limit up there 😸 I'm thinking they would get EC but it wouldn't add happiness or feed stats (this is to encourage the purchasing of CC and not just using this as a substitute) And no, you can't see it because then it would be like a free freeze >.<

Deleted • 20 September 2011 at 6:51 PM

@lizardfeather : 33 < oh okay : DD

2,377 posts

ladybugheart • 20 September 2011 at 6:52 PM

It's an interesting idea, I'm not a huge fan of it. It's too much like freezing. ;]

I can imagine someone hiding a bunch of their eggs intead of freezing them, planning to freeze them later but never really taking action to get it done. 😋

If it does ever get implemented, I'd suggest something like Tim's, only they babysit your eggs for you so they don't hatch--and you'd only be able to have them babysit, say, five at a time.