Creature death %

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 21 September 2011 at 7:55 AM

Death rates are equal for all creatures currently, which means you have just as much chance of your pet dying if you are a single day late feeding as when your pets have been starving for months.

I think this is rather unfair which is why I suggest to increase the chance of death over time, so for example:

1st day: 1/150 (which would still result in an average of a death per day in a cove of 150 pets)
2 - 7 days: 1/100 (1.5 deaths per day with 150 pets)
8 - 14 days: 1/50 (3 deaths per day with 150 pets)
14 - 30 days: 1/30 (current rate, 5 deaths per day in 150 pet cove)
30 and up: 1/15 (double the current rate, 10 deaths per day in 150 pet cove, these coves have mainly been abandoned anyway)

The amount of days starving would be calculated from the last time it was fed, so if someone is attempting (but not quite succeeding) to keep the pet alive the death rate would remain low.

This would mean:
Pet is always below 10 at 3;30 but
a. someone feeds it every day => death rate remains 1/150
b. nobody ever feeds it => death rate increases

This would help people trying to keep their old friends pets alive and newbies who have trouble getting their pets enough feeds, while killing off the coves of "one-day-flies" much quicker. Therefore a lot of people will benefit.

Anyone agree with me?

3,562 posts

cafe • 21 September 2011 at 8:02 AM

I agree it's unfair about how a critter that's only been unfed for a few days would die as quickly as one that's been unfed for months.

I was off the computer for health reasons for about 4-7 days [can't remember exactly] and my friend forgot about my side [she was keeping them alive for me] and my foo died :/

And it would help the @RDBP, cause less of a chance of the eggs dying in the coves with low happiness [a lot are at like 10/100 cause not a lot of people feed]

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 21 September 2011 at 8:10 AM

@cafe

Exactly, the only downside is the fact that there are people going around feeding the above mentioned "one-day-flies" simply because the pets are dying, I mean these people never cared for their pets anyway so just let em die... ☚ī¸ The RDBP list is different, these are mostly well known users who quit or people who have trouble caring for their pets, so they deserve to have a lower death rate 😊

What do you think of the rates? Ok like this or could I let them increase faster?

I mean, if it resets everytime someone feeds it could increase faster, right? *thinks deeply*

3,562 posts

cafe • 21 September 2011 at 8:22 AM

The RDBP actually sadness me a tad; some people just disappeared, like @luna_katt... Makes me wonder, what exactly happened to them?

I like the rates, it will also help with name's being taken. I waited about two weeks for the name Mochi, and it was at 0 the whole time. Yet I'm gone a few days [4-7] and more than one critter dies.

Male
2,935 posts

miomar • 21 September 2011 at 8:25 AM

Agree =^)

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 21 September 2011 at 8:31 AM

@cafe

I was a day (maybe 2) late feeding my pets once and I had like 6 dead pets :C It's just that if one of the random feeders comes by just once before it reaches 30 days the rates go down to 1/150 again, and that kinda stinks.

I was thinking of changing it to:

1st day: 1/150 (which would still result in an average of a death per day in a cove of 150 pets)
2 - 7 days: 1/75 (2 deaths per day with 150 pets)
8 - 14 days: 1/30 (5 deaths per day with 150 pets)
14 and up: 1/15 (double the current rate, 10 deaths per day in 150 pet cove, these coves have mainly been abandoned anyway)

If someone feeds only once a week the rate will remain 1/75 anyway, so deaths in RDBP coves would remain low 😊

I've been waiting for almost 2 months for a certain pet to die now, person didn't even feed it once :C

3,562 posts

cafe • 21 September 2011 at 8:33 AM

PM me the name, and if I see it's open when you're not on I'll steal it before someone else can c:

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 21 September 2011 at 4:11 PM

*bump*

Deleted • 23 September 2011 at 6:00 PM

Not exactly; I like the statistics the way they are now. If there are too many changes, members wot be able to follow along since there'd be that many changes (a bit too complicated).

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 23 September 2011 at 6:02 PM

If you don't feed them for like 3 days they wont die xD

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 23 September 2011 at 6:17 PM

@balletninja

I changed the wording in the first post a bit, what I meant was the days starving (happiness <10). As in if the happiness is below 10 for only a few days there will be a smaller chance of a pet dying than when you've left it starving for ages 😊

@_icarlyrocks_55
The change is quite simple, if you keep your pets health above 10 they won't die and with this implemented the creatures would die faster as you leave them starving for longer periods of time, while there is actually a smaller chance of them dying than there is now if you just forget for a few days. So I don't see how anyone could be really bothered by it O.o