Summer creature suggestion - Tresande

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

What do you think?

Female
285 posts

asteria • 11 February 2018 at 1:30 PM

My 3rd creature suggestion 😊 #creaturesuggestions

It was meant to have 3 stages, but the 3rd one didn't look good, so it got scratched. If anyone has an idea for a good-looking 3rd stage, I'll be happy to know it. It was meant to be a loose hybrid of dog and axolotl btw.

Crappy image: https://imgur.com/a/IxI88

Edit: Added the third stage as suggested by @jlya I know you imagined it better, but I just can't draw, I'm sorry

About Egg
Tresande mothers leave their eggs in chests full of gold and jewels burried on beaches of Ark, so the hatchlings could get used to the most important smells in their lives: the smell of sea, the smell of land, and of course the smell of treasure! This unusual habit is the source of creature's name. The egg itself has a thick, moist shell. It is belived that one who finds a Tresande egg will be the richest man on Ark for a year. Because of this, many treasure hunters seek the egg as much, or even more so than the gold itself.

About Creature
Tresandes spend most of their time searching for treasures. Sometimes they can be found following a mysterious smell on a beach, in a jungle or desert and other mysterious locations. These creatures love adventure just as much as gold and no danger can stop them from getting the prize and raising the adrenaline. Tresandes live in underwater packs, they inhabit places that are easy to guard and have a lot of room to store treasure in, such as shipwrecks and caverns. However they can function on land just as well as in the water. The amount and value of treasure a pack managed to collect decides on their status in Tresande society. Once hatched, Tresandes will immediatly return to the sea and be led to their pack by one of it's members. Don't worry though, your pet is not gone! Tresandes have a lot of respect for Arkians who managed to find their eggs, seeing them as very skilled treasure hunters, and will usually ask them to join the pack and search for treasures together. Tresande owned by an Arkian has a great bond with the pack and the owner and is very loyal to both.

Female
2,687 posts

jlya • 12 February 2018 at 10:08 PM

@asteria cool idea! I really like the description and the whole creature, but it's a little hard to tell what the Tresande is doing in the last stage... I also have an idea for the final stage: Maybe the Tresande is sleeping in a pile of jewels? Out of the treasure she comes, back into the treasure she goes. 😊

Good luck!!

Female
285 posts

asteria • 13 February 2018 at 7:20 AM

@jlya Thank you for the kind words 😊 I like this idea, I'll try to draw that final stage 😊 On the last stage Tresande was meant to be searching for treasure with map in it's mouth. Sorry if it didn't look that way, I just can't draw at all.