The Land Of The Autumn Lord

in Roleplaying

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 23 September 2011 at 9:25 PM

So. First we shall start with the rules, then to the plot and character forms, savvy?

-You must use PROPER grammar. Serious roleplayers ONLY.
-No posting questions about the RP here, just PM me 😊
-No god-modding.
-There are NO superpowers, paranormal talents, etc. This is strictly mortals.
-This is set in a medieval sense, so knowledge of terms and words is necessary .
-If you want to join PM me with Character form. 😊

-The Plot-
You are a citizen of The Autumn Realm, Ruled by the Autumn Lord. The Realm is sick and failing. Something or someone has cursed the lands, and everything is dying. The Autumn Lord has asked for any who are willing to venture across the Realm, to set forth and find what is ailing the lands and its people. You are one of those people.
The Autumn Lord has chosen his heroes to begin this treacherous journey. All of which are from the village of Maple Hollow. You all must leave the village by midday(noon) to fight for the safety of your Realm.

-The Setting-
Medieval setting, the lands are Autumn all year round. Smells of cinnamon, pumkin pie, and apples are just a few that you will encounter. The trees are a beautiful array of golds, reds, browns, and oranges. The village of Maple Hollow is simple, with wooden houses, horses and carts,cobblestone walkways and roads,Little shops and Smithys, no machinery.

*Please post so I may continue with the Character forms 😊 *

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 23 September 2011 at 9:34 PM

- *is thinking*

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 23 September 2011 at 9:39 PM

( Thank you @qwaszx )

-Character Forms-

:Name:

:Age: (older than 10 please)

:Eye Colour:

:Hair Colour/ Length:

: Gender:

: Occupation: Choices are; Blacksmith, Baker, Physician, Farmer, Livestock Farmer, Seamstress, Stable boy/girl, Tavern Owner. (DO NOT NEED TO HAVE ONE IF YOU DON'T WANT)

: Family: As in living family members Mother y/n Father y/n etc...etc..

: Pastime: REMEMBER! this is a Medieval Roleplay.

: Pet: This is a companion you will have with you for parts of the plot. Can be; Cat, Dog, Rat, or Bird. Name what type it is ( Aka border collie or black cat) Gender and name.

: Description: Describe your characters personality and looks.

When a few people join we can begin starting in Maple Hollow. 😊 PM me with Character forms if you wish to join please! 😃

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 23 September 2011 at 9:48 PM

Name: Sarah
Eye color: Soft brown
Hair color/length: Diry blonde down to her elbows.. She usually keeps it up.
Family: A family of 6 with no father and an I'll aging mother. She is the oldest.
Pastime: Almost no time to herself but she likes to be around animals.
Pet: Name: Shep Type: Dog (border collie) Gender: male
Description: Sarah has a king heart with no care for herself. She has tan skin and is skinny but tall. She smiles a lot and has perfect gleaming white teeth.

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 23 September 2011 at 10:02 PM

:Name: Cassandra

:Age: 19

:Eye Colour: Golden

:Hair Colour/ Length: Mahogany coloured hair, waist length

: Gender: Female

: Occupation: Farmer, and Stable girl

: Family: Only has her Father.

: Pastime: With little time after working her family farm and horses, she spends her free time reading books and walking through the woods,exploring them in a sense.

: Pet: Type- Orange tabby cat.
Name- Jack.
Gender- Male.

: Description:
Quiet, and kind. She has had a hard life and had to grow up quickly to help her father, but it has made her wiser. She is pale, a bit short, and her long hair is usually in a braid. She is skinny, but muscular from farmwork. Her cat became her closest friend, and follows her everywhere. She always tries to help others as best she can, and has a soft spot for animals of all kinds.

Female
15 posts

doll-face • 23 September 2011 at 11:37 PM

Le' Bump.

Female
1,269 posts

angel_star • 23 September 2011 at 11:43 PM

EDIT: Bump. Sorry, to join we have to PM it right.

2,403 posts

evolutary • 24 September 2011 at 12:10 AM

:Name: Rani

:Age: 14

:Eye Colour: dark brown

:Hair Colour/ Length: black, shoulder length

: Gender: female

: Occupation: none (her mother says that she's not old enough).

: Family: has a mother, but no father

: Pastime: exploring, practising with weapons from her mother's shop

: Pet: Rainbow lorikeet, female. Spectrum loves to explore places with Rani, and is very loyal to her.

: Description: She loves exploring new places and loves water. Quite confident and brave. Usually has her hair out and wears a simple, autumn-coloured dress. Her father died when she was 6 years old.

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 24 September 2011 at 12:50 AM

(Whilst we're waiting for more people to join, here is more of the plot. No posts yet please, I would like a few more people to join first 😊 )

The Autumn Realm...Once land of beauty and harmony. Leaves swirled around to dance with you as you walk, filled with people of the kindest nature. Red apples glistened in the sunlight, the smell of pies and breads filled the air with the warmest feelings. Pumpkin patches and fields of corn were everywhere, people bustled about from shoppe to shoppe. It was a wondrous place.

But then the colors of the leaves started to fade, the apples rotted and fell to the ground. The pumpkin patches and corn fields became barren and lifeless. The air is now thick with worry and despair. Something is taking the life away from this beautiful Realm.

The Autumn Lord is growing more and more fearful for his people, and has issued a plea across the lands:

"People of the Realm,
A curse has befallen our lands. Our Realm is dying, and the beauty and life is disappearing. I ask that heroes come forth, and defend the Realm! I request those who would journey to the very ends of our lands in search of this great treachery. If we cannot stop this unknown menace swiftly, then all shall be lost. Those who will journey, those who will fight, come to the castle and prove yourselves. "

Female
1,269 posts

angel_star • 24 September 2011 at 8:40 AM

*bump* any joiners?

Form
EDIT:
Name:Will
Eye Colour:Almost black, very dark.
Hair colour/length: Blondish, mediumish hair for a boy.
Family: Mother, Seamstress, very kind and caring
Father, blacksmith, inspiration for his fighting.
Little sis, very innocent, cheerful.
Family generally happy, probably well off.
Pastime: Playing pretend sowrdfighting with his friend.
Pet: Bird. Type? He doesn't know. He found it on a tree. Name: Jeremy. Genderrobably male, from what he's seen.
Description: Will's strong, fit and very friendly, but sometimes can get a tad jealous and mean. He likes fighting with his friends (pretend swordfighting) and they all want to be knights. He loves his little sister, and his family is well known in Maple Hollow.

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 24 September 2011 at 9:23 AM

Can't wait 😉

Female
174 posts

makaylalily • 24 September 2011 at 9:26 AM

Name: Brooke

:Age: 15

:Eye Colour: Violet

:Hair Colour/ Length: Black and medium (to shoulders and wavy)

: Occupation: I have no job

: Family: They died so I moved here alone they all died in a fire but I made it out alive

: Pastime: I have had a long journey to find this place. Gone through fires,tornados all kinda things!

: Pet: I have a horse her name is Friday she is pure black and a mare cause she is grown and she is a female!

: Description: She is lovable not easy to get friedns with but you can manage it but all her family members died long ago. She is now here and hope she stays. She always has her hair down and maybe a clip in it. She wears a dress that is a fiery red and a autumn orange mixed and it is about to her knees. She wears flats.

Deleted • 24 September 2011 at 10:02 AM

Name: Emma

:Age: 13

:Eye Colour: The most beautiful blue like the color of the Bermuta waters. XD

:Hair Colour/ Length: She has brown hair down to her waist.

: Occupation: Seamstress

: Family: None. They were all killed in a village fire. :'(

: Pastime: She loevs to sew, thats pretty much her only hobby. She also sneeks out to her friend, who works on village murders.

: Pet: A beautiful Irish Setter from her mother, who was born in Ireland (Just a little island XD) and found the small dog burried in a pile of snow. Male named Noel.

: Description: She is very kind, yet independent. She has brown hair and blue eyes, she wears dark clothing, that she makes herself.
She traveled here from a far away village on her horse(Who died after the journy). She was forced to leave her village when it wase burned down and killed her family.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 24 September 2011 at 10:31 AM

Name: Joanna Dean (Call her Anna.)

:Age: 14

:Eye Colour: Odd eyed: One eye is coffee brown and the other is a much lighter, almost golden color.

:Hair Colour/ Length: Long golden blond hair, but in the right lighting it has an a light reddish tint. Usually kept up, in a bun or a braid.

: Gender: female

: Occupation: Baker's apprentice, but she likes to sneak out to the stables and look at the horses.

: Family: Father is a blacksmith, mother is a baker. Has oe little sister, a toddler.

: Pastime: Exploring and playing in the cornfields, she also loves to sit with the horses because her father promised her one for her birthday.

: Pet: Beagle, male. His name is Mac.

: Description: Cheerful, and goodnatured, but she is shy and can be quiet and solemn around people she isn't familiar with. A bit of a dreamer and her head is in the clouds. Good with animals. Her height is average, and she is very skinny, so her mother encourages her to eat more. Fair skinned.

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 24 September 2011 at 10:09 PM

(Well, might as well start 😊. )

@randomkitty17
@bluegirl80
@qwaszx
@angel_star

Cassandra has lived in Maple Hollow her entire life, and now things are changing. The Autumn Realm is suffering, and The Autumn Lord has issued a decree for heroes to fight for the Realm. When she read the decree, she was nervous. She wanted to help, and to try and save the lands... But she worried for her father, and if he could manage without her.

She asked him very quietly that day if she could help, And to her surprise, he ushered her to do so. Saying it would make him proud to have a daughter so brave. She hugged him goodbye, and made him promise not to worry about her. But she was the one who was worrying, as her father was all she had left...
So now she's making her way to the castle, stomach filled with butterflies, her cat, Jack, Following closely behind. Hoping The Autumn Lord will let her journey to save the Realm.

Female
1,269 posts

angel_star • 24 September 2011 at 11:46 PM

Will could hear the banging of his father's hammer. Bang bang bang. Whenever he neared the forge, he could hear sparks fly, and the metal slowly transfrom into a unique and sharp sword. He wished he could hear it again. Was his decision to ask the Autumn Lord if could go on the journey to save the Realm a good one? He would never see Lily, his sister, Mother, or Father...

"Will," his father whispered. "Here... is your sword. I hope you do what you can. If you want to become a hero, remember us. Remember us waiting. Carry us in your soul. I hope the Autumn Lord gives you that opportunity." His father's serious face faltered, and then Will was grabbed of fhis feet in a father and son embrace. His mother cried, wiping her tears, while Lily stared silently. She had no idea what was going on.

But Will knew what he had to do, and he walked outside the gates of the village of Maple Hollow.

I'm sorry if this is too long.

2,403 posts

evolutary • 25 September 2011 at 8:55 AM

Rani's mother had a weapon shop. She would always ask what weapons she sold. 'I have many weapons, ranging from bows, crossbows, swords, daggers; more than you can count.' It was because of these weapons Rani was brave. She would practise with each, and the one she was most fond with was the bow.

'Mum... the Autumn Lord wants all of us to find out why the land is dying. I was thinking, could I help?'

'I always knew that you were brave enough to do anything,' her mother said. She went upstairs into the attic and handed her a bow. 'This was your father's, he was a great ranger. Make your father and I proud.' she smiled.

'Thanks, mum.'

Rani set off to the Lord's palace by foot, with Spectrum following her.

Deleted • 25 September 2011 at 10:10 AM

I sit in my tailering shop, making the Autumn Lord his new yearly cape. I notice the letter carryier drop a letter on my desk. "Merci M." I tell him in French, knowing he speaks no English. I see the sign of the Autumn Lord. "Does he already want his cape?" I think. "This one is going to be the best one yet. Ive put so much time and effort in it." I say. I rip the letter open. I read through it. "Hmm. Saving our land." I say out loud. "Well I might as well bring the cape too." I think grabbing the cape carfully. The orangish brown color shines with the colors of red and yellow and green leaves and trees.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 25 September 2011 at 10:51 AM

Joanna ran in to her house carrying a bushel of corn and two loaves of bread. "Thank you, dear," her father said and took the food. "Um, father? I was thinking....could I help the Autumn Lord find the source of what's ailing the land?" Her father froze for a second. The he turned to face her. "You...want to go away from the village? You k ow that it isn't safe away from home." he said, with a slight bit of suspicion in his voice. "Yes father, I know the risks, but I want to help. Please, father? I won't be alone." Joanna pleaded. Her father hesitated. "Alright, alright, you can go, but stay safe, I don't want something to happen to you." he chuckled, and then he walked into the other room. When he returned, he was holding a steel dagger and a sheath. "Here. You can protect yourself with it. I was going to give it to the butcher, but you need it more." Joanna took the dagger and strapped the sheath onto her belt. "Thank you, father. I'll be safe, I promise." Joanna ran out of the house and towards the Autumn Lord's castle.

Female
1,269 posts

angel_star • 30 September 2011 at 3:51 AM

The gate slowly creaked open, giving way to the great Autumn castle. It was not greatly inlaid with jewels, like the castles of other lands, but the colours of autumn were painted onto the walls. Many adventurers had come to the castle, in search for fame and treasure. Inwardly praying that the Autumn Lord would recognise him, Will moved along with the crowd, lining up, outside the great oak door of the castle.

________

I hope you don't mind that I've called it the Autumn Castle and painted it autumn colours. Oh yeah, and I hope you don't mind that there are many adventurers. If you want me to edit it, just tell me later. @armageddondoll

Female
1,197 posts

snow_angel618 • 1 October 2011 at 5:33 PM

@armageddondoll May I join?
:Name: Christelle
:Age: 16
:Eye Colour: Emerald green, with golden flecks
:Hair Colour/ Length: Black and silky, shoulder length
: Occupation: Farmer's daughter
: Family: Father (farmer), she is an only child. Her mother died when she was born, and her father has sworn never to marry again.
: Pastime: Drawing, she loves to just sit and sketch anything.
: Pet: Cat, male, his name is Jon and he is a kitten he has short, white fur.
: Description: Christelle is a short, sprite like creature. She looks very elfish, and because of her work on the farm, she is strong, lithe, and thin. She usually wears her hair down or in a braid. Despite her mother's death, her cheeks are always pink and healthy and she is always in a cheery mood. She is very hard to annoy but when she gets mad, she is a hard person to deal with. She has a habit of being very quiet and spacey, especially when drawing. She is very protective of anyone she loves.

Deleted • 3 October 2011 at 5:49 PM

@armageddondoll

Emma knocked gently on the door. The door opened and she stepped in. "I have the Autumn Lords cape. And he called me in." She whispered. She walked into the room and bowed down, lowering her head.

Deleted • 3 October 2011 at 6:02 PM

bump? I think this is a great RP, but with the numbers of RPs I'm currently doing, I'll be dead if I start another one. I'm also just kinda snatching views... Don't mind me... XD

Female
1,269 posts

angel_star • 3 October 2011 at 8:22 PM

@choocalate

lol...

Will stared after the girl who was carrying a fine length of autumn cloth. She was the seamstress. Lucky, he thought. She had access to the palace as the king's personal seamstress, because of her skill. Many others would yearn for that opportunity.

Glancing around him, he saw that nothing owuld be done by just standing here. Should he go in? He wondered, and took a deep breath.

His body moved on its on.

@armageddondoll
hello? please return

does the last part make sense?

Cis Female
620 posts

armageddondoll • 3 October 2011 at 10:56 PM

Cassandra made her way to the Autumn Lords castle, and oh what a sight it was.It was as if Autumn itself had painted the castle. The warm colours shimmered in the midday sunlight. 'I'm really here..' She thought to herself, more nervous than ever. She gently pushed the heavy doors and they creaked open. She glanced around a little and noticed a few people who looked like they might also be there to save the Realm as well. Roughly the same age as her, she thought. She slowly walked up to the Throne, knelt down, and bowed her head.
'I can do this. I CAN do this. ' She repeated in her head over and over as she knelt before the Autumn Lord. Overwhelmed with self doubt and nervousness, she remained silent.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 3 October 2011 at 11:11 PM

Joanna ran toward the castle, smelling the sweet, musky smell of the cornfields and apple orchards. Suddenly, she was stopped by a sharp bark. "Mac? Come here, boy." she called the beagle that stood behind a strawberry bush. The dog bounded over to her, and they ran to the castle together.
Once they reached the castle, Joanna took a moment to gaze at the beautiful castle. "I've never seen so many colors!" she cried out in joy. She slowly made her way to the door and knocked.

2,403 posts

evolutary • 3 October 2011 at 11:32 PM

Rani walked through the forest to the Autumn Lord's palace. Trees lined the walls of the castle, maple leaves drifted through the air... confidence overtook her nervousness as she walked nearer to the door and stepped inside. She saw many others, around the same age as her, bowing their heads and kneeling on the ground. She did the same.

Female
1,269 posts

angel_star • 4 October 2011 at 6:54 AM

Will stepped inside, and gasped. THere were so many people, but not as many as the ones clamouring outside. He was such an idiot. How could he have not went inside? THe crowd outside the castle must have been villagers waiting to hear news of the chosen heroes. Hoping that he would be one, he kneeled onto the ground and bowed, his body almost shaking from nervousness.

Deleted • 4 October 2011 at 4:39 PM

Emma stood back up and tried to aviod eye contact, the one thing that could get you into trouble. Suddenly she was forced to stare into his amazing orange eyes. The mission came to her through his eyes. She sighed thinking of this death mission. She nodded. "Come." he said in his dark tone. Emma nodded and walked up, carrying with her the cape. She handed it to him. "Nice nice." he smiled. She was handed a small sack. She looked confused. She had never been given anything. 'Maybe its for the mission...' she thought. As she opened the sack she saw /couning 25 glistening golden coins.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 4 October 2011 at 8:34 PM

Joanna bowed with the others and held Mac by the collar so he wouldn't run off and bark.