Old Folks Home

in Chit-Chat

Should we form our own official club?

Female
149 posts

grimwood • 10 July 2018 at 11:28 PM

@rayray857
Yeah, unfortunately I'm not on sites long enough to experience any changes or growth. I flit around from site to site, interest to interest a lot. The sites I have stayed on though, have died.

Deleted • 11 July 2018 at 12:15 AM

@grimwood - i joined back in the august of 2009 with the account @lululemon155. found it by seeing an ad for it on the daily neopets when i was just a little elementary school kid, aha. unfortunately, i was off and on with the site and took a lot of unexpected hiatuses so all my creatures died lol. x)

Female
349 posts

blissy • 3 August 2018 at 11:55 PM

I joined in 2009 originally, but before immortalizatuon was a thing I got bored and let a creature a friend had gifted me die. They were so mad, and I was so embarrassed and guilt ridden (I was still a kid), so I deleted the entire account and made another 3 years later. Unfortunately most of my friends eventually quit, and the site changed to the point where I lost interest again. Now I only show up on here once in a blue moon to check on how it's doing.

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 13 October 2018 at 5:17 PM

I joined July of 2010, I also found this site through Neopets, although Eggcave quickly became my obsession I was active here for nearly 5 years with no major hiatus besides summer vacations with no internet access.

I originally joined the site because I saw the Olimpt and it became my favorite creature, I was determined to get one. It took me about 5 years to finally get my hands on one. Once I had it I kind of resolved myself to quietly stalk the site and not be so active anymore. Since about 2016 I've been on and off the site every few weeks or so. I usually only drop in the see how everyone is doing.

Sadly by now all the friends I had here have either quit or gone on hiatus with an occasional return or two.

I truly miss old style Eggcave and all the joy that came with simply enjoying my time here, I don't know if I'll ever be able to truly return. I mean I started this account when I was in the 5th grade, now I'm a sophomore in college lol! Maybe when I graduate I'll have time for a real return.