Customizable notifications

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
79 posts

mami • 28 December 2018 at 10:05 AM

Something that keeps bothering me is the fact you receive notifications about all kinds of things, when you might want to ignore certain ones.

I for one dont appreciate getting excited over having 8 notifications only for all of them to be variations of my login bonus, daily creature stats, CC reminders etc.

*Please allow us the ability to customize notifications.*

I dont really care for the toy drive and as such, it doesnt matter to me who wins.
Nice of the site to remind me I have CC, but I dont really need that reminder?
And please... I dont like how the cave attempt notification keeps returning until you use said attempt. Im fine with just my 10.

Gender Questioning
289 posts

shine • 29 December 2018 at 2:05 PM

@mami I definitely support this, for all the reasons listed, but especially the cave thing. Like sometimes I'll be waiting on a PM only to get a cave notification, or I'll get a notification and think "eh, just the cave" when it's something else. In short, it's bothersome.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 1 January 2019 at 7:58 PM

@mami same w/ getting excited, and then realizing it’s sign in (always on so I get 3k ec) 20 star creature stats, level ups, toy drives, cave attemtps, and not much but cc reminders

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 2 January 2019 at 9:21 PM

@mami
Oh that would be great! I'm a notification hyper person, and when I get notifications I immediately respond... only to find it the login bonus, blah blah blah x3

1,135 posts

lazyanon • 2 January 2019 at 10:12 PM

@mami Yes. I need this. I need this so badly. My side @anonarmy Passed over 1,000 nof from pms and such.

Female
751 posts

crazy4life • 5 January 2019 at 4:39 PM

I would love this. I only use 9 tries at the cave right now to avoid the nonstop notification about a new attempt being available.

Male
2,298 posts

whitefire • 28 April 2019 at 5:42 PM

@Mami
Oh my gosh PLEASE--I've only been back on the site for a couple days now and already those Cave notifications are KILLING me. If I'm active on the site at a given time, chances are I'm clicking on the Cave every so often anyway, so I'll see when I have an attempt ready. I don't need that notification following me everywhere as I'm trying to get things done. Other people might want it, and that's great! But I'd like the choice not to get them.
I also don't really like getting a notification every time I get a PM. There's already a section at the top of the page where I can see if I have a new message. It seems awfully redundant to give me yet another notification about it.

Going off of this, if it's feasible, I'd like an option to have the subject of the notification displayed in the pop-up, like it used to be--as in, "[User] has pinged you on [Topic]," or "You have a Cave attempt available!" This doesn't have to be the default option since I'm sure it was changed for a reason, but I'd like the choice to have it back. I feel like the pop-up is unnecessary if it doesn't tell me the nature of the notification.

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 12 May 2019 at 12:40 AM

So. Many. Notifications. It's. So. Annoying. And the Cave attempt notification, is really getting on my nerves