Quick way to give clicks and feeds on the exchange.

in General

Male
2 posts

jeonjungkook • 18 March 2019 at 6:23 AM

I found a quicker way to click pets on the exchange. Not sure if anyone else has found it yet so I'm sharing it.

Basically all you do is hold the ctrl key down while you click on the creatures in the exchange. (I recommend only doing about 8 at a time depending on your computer and wifi.) The ctrl key will keep you from switching tabs and keep you on the exchange page. Then while still holding ctrl you switch to the 1st creature tab, feed it, then without letting go of ctrl press the w key to close the tab and it should automatically take you to the next creature. From there you keep repeating till all the creature tabs are closed then you repeat step one.

So long story short.
1- Hold Ctrl when clicking creatures on exchange page.
2- After feeding the 1st creature while holding Ctrl press W to close tab and move to the next.
*** You can keep Ctrl held down the entire time even when switching tabs and feeding

It takes a bit to get used to but it's quicker than the normal way. Hope this helps everyone.

Male
327 posts

seraph • 18 March 2019 at 8:30 PM

I stopped feeding at the exchanges when I exceeded 25k credits and they simply won't go away. Feeding a user with many creatures is much easier as you just need to click the feed button and the "next" button, its a very small mouse movement.

I have this chrome extension called "linkclump" that lets you drag a box over links and then opens them all at once. Not sure if the usage of extensions is allowed but I imagined this would be easier.

Female
1,089 posts

animalliterature • 18 March 2019 at 10:59 PM

I think I’ve seen someone say this before, but I don’t remember who and when. But it’s a nice tip!

{I don’t know why I’m lingering in the recently posted section hh}

Female
1,730 posts

minnie298a • 19 March 2019 at 7:23 PM

It was through EggCave, I learnt of this years ago. It's also one of the things that I have taken and use all over the net . It's also the main reason that feeding on my tablet annoys me.

For future reference, using this method still allows you to collect seeds in Oct and Chocs in Feb, as long as you are feeding. You don't need to wait for the pop up to load either. You can also use it when feeding coves, particularly those with feed lists.

@samaritan
My XC is over 77K, and rising. I still use the exchange (some days 20 creatures, some days 2000) as I know they are "safe" creatures to feed. Also if everyone stopped using the exchange because of the amount of credits they had, the exchange grinds to a total halt. Yes, I'm not getting much more than EC, but I'm still giving some people the stats they are after, and getting some in return.

Male
327 posts

seraph • 19 March 2019 at 8:06 PM

@minnie298a
Wow, that's impressive!!
And yes, totally, its nice to see people are still using the exchange, I'm sorry if I sounded like I want to make people stop using it, that was just my personal reason. ^^'

Female
1,730 posts

minnie298a • 20 March 2019 at 3:06 AM

@samaritan

It's a case of many people having the same opinion. I've seen it posted on several boards, that people don't click and feed through the exchange, despite having creatures there, as they don't think they are getting anything in return. When no one is clicking, no one gets anything, and more people get feed up.

But then again I was once abused by someone for feeding their feed list because they had accidentally put a creature in there that shouldn't have been there. The "Feeds Preferred" part of the Click exchange is safe. I use it for the ec, the extra stats are a bonus.

Deleted • 20 March 2019 at 7:53 AM

@minnie298a Yeah, but I normally refresh the whole page, so it doesn't work.. but good point 😋

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 20 March 2019 at 8:37 PM

I thought this was common knowledge, actually. I remember a month or so after I joined this website someone mentioned doing that with feeds and I've only ever done it that way since. For those who didn't know about this, I highly recommend going this route when feeding someone's cove. So much easier.