The Click Exchange...

in Help & Questions

Female
172 posts

anabanana • 22 December 2019 at 5:20 PM

So when this first came out I thought it was a wonderful way for people with not much time to evolve their critters. I've been kind of away for a while (logging in weekly to check what's going on), and now that I got some more free time I started clicking like a maniac but I've had over 2k XC for quite a while and the amount doesn't seem to change, and nor is my only creature in the click exchange receiving any clicks. I assume it's because there's a lot of people that don't use it anymore and their critters are just staying there.

Does it still "work" for you guys? Is it still an effective way to evolve your creatures? If yes, how many XC do you have so that you get some clicks back daily? Thanks 😊

Female
1,730 posts

minnie298a • 22 December 2019 at 8:06 PM

@anabanana

I find the going slow. I currently have 17 in the exchange and the creatures put in on the 18th Oct have between 51 and 68 clicks each. The ones put in at the end of March are all sitting just over 200. I think for the last month or so I've been "losing" about 15 credits a day. I'd been rounding my credits out to a certain number before leaving for the day, then checking back the next day. I also can't remember when I had "only" 2000 credits.

However, I still use the exchange pretty much daily (sometimes only 20 creatures, sometimes, like double feed day, 4000 creatures it depends on how much time I have), as they are creatures that I know are safe to feed. On my desktop, I have no issues and use the Ctrl-Click/Ctrl W method. But if I'm restricted to my tablet, I find the exchange more difficult to use and prefer to feed coves using the arrow button.

Female
343 posts

foxbit • 22 December 2019 at 9:13 PM

@anabanana I've only lost 15-20 XC in several days.
Maybe it's that a lot of people don't use it anymore except on double feed day. I'm not going to say that I use it every day myself; honestly, I don't, especially when my Internet's wacky.

Female
53 posts

apple_dumpling • 22 December 2019 at 9:28 PM

I find just adding a creature you want to evolve as your profile picture works a lot easier and quicker, because there’s a lot of creatures, but still not many use it. Usually people accidentally go to your profile picture creature instead of your profile, so if it’s evolved by clicks or views, it’ll evolve quicker.

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 23 December 2019 at 1:53 AM

@anabanana

I have 73,513 XC at the moment. At the moment, I have 20 creatures in the exchange, all put in on December 9, and they have 9-18 clicks apiece. But, I'm inclined to believe that a lot of those are me, since whenever I feed, I zoom out eggcave really far, and use snaplinks to just quickly go over all of them, refresh, rinse, and repeat. The Click Exchange is very broken right now, and it's not a good way to evolve creatures at all.

@apple_dumpling has a good point about setting the creature you want to evolve as your featured, but I'm never changing off of my Grisal, lol. This is also only good for 1 creature at a time. Which is ok, if you have a small cove.

A better way to evolve creatures is to join an offsite click exchange, like yarold's, but even this has its downsides. Unlike the Click Exchange here, yarold's does this thing where the bigger users get to be on the front page, and others do not, which is great for bigger users, but for those of us just tryna chill and immortalize one or two things, is pretty annoying.

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 23 December 2019 at 4:45 PM

Yeah, I don't feel it really helps a lot, however, I'm glad with the few clicks and feeds they get. It's not enough on it's own, but it's a nice extra. I still use the Click Exchange, but more to gain EC, and if it helps other users eggs evolve, all the better. But I think I get at most around 15 clicks taken each day (for 20 creature I have in the Exchange).
I do hope it'll get fixed one day, because I prefer to use Eggcave to evolve my creatures more then off sites websites like Yarolds.

@apple_dumpling I started to do this too, mostly with the creature I want to reach over level 2000 to immortalize them. You can also use the url's for creatures that evolve with views on offsites forums as a signature picture.

@captaincookies Does yarolds work for you? I have it since this summer (I think?) and I never get the feeling it helps either.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 23 December 2019 at 4:51 PM

@blub yarolds works to get some views, as well as the XC. For mass views you use a site like what the immortalizing people use to immortalize creatures 😋

Cisgender Female
135 posts

tyerwa • 1 January 2020 at 12:31 AM

i am also really hoping that something can be done to fix the click exchange, or even return it to its former state. i found it much better when i could click 100 or less and have all those returned within a day or two. now, i've got 2,740 XC and i don't even come on each day, or even each week. . .

creatures i've had on since february of 2019 - almost an entire year - only gained 500 clicks or so . . . a whole year and i haven't gotten them fully grown, let alone immortalized. now, had i only one or two creatures in the exchange, they likely would be, but really? one or two creatures at a time? with my cove of nearly 400? i put up more than that hoping that more creatures in the exchange might somehow help, but i suppose it only made it worse. more creatures than clickers. and no one cares because it's kind of discouraging. you put in more than you get out.

would definitely spend more time on this game if this was somehow fixed. i know it's called eggcave, but sitting around with a cove full of eggs is not what i wanted. . .lol

Female
441 posts

tetra • 15 January 2020 at 3:24 PM

I just got back from hiatus and have noticed that I am gaining XC far more than I am losing it now.

So I looked up the old site blogs to see what happened:
https://eggcave.com/blog/click-exchange-updated?page=1

"XC, essentially, is too scarce." was the problem back then. There were 10,000+ creatures added, but ppl were running out of XC so only a few were showing up.

Their solution:
https://eggcave.com/blog/click-exchange-updates-finalized?page=1

By logging in at least once every 2 months, the user will have at least 10 XC in their account which means their creature will show up, (so imagine 10,000+ creatures all showing in the XC). Now we have an overflow of XC and creatures, but these creatures are getting like one or two clicks a day, probably because now there's just too many. So even though some people now have 1000+ XC, there are many ppl who are not using the XC and not clicking.

I do feel bad because Proposed Solution 1 was the best solution in my opinion, they did the right thing. I don't want a reset or algorithms.
Rather than converting XC to EC, it would be nice if we could convert XC to instant stat increases. But I understand it's like the Chocotravaganza Exchange, you can't use your own chocolate boxes, you got to rely on the kindness of others.