Adoption Center Bug

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 29 September 2011 at 7:44 PM

When you put a creature into the Adoption Center, and you search the creature in the search bar, nothing comes up. Maybe the profile should say, "owned by Adoption Center?" That would make sense. Also, I haven't tried this, but there is a slight possibility that because of this, you can name another creature a name in the adoption center. (for example: creature in there is "bob" and you name another cave creature "bob.")

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 29 September 2011 at 7:47 PM

@rosey77
I think that, when something is in the AC, it temporarily doesn't count as a creature. But, I think the name would still be taken. (Probably.)

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 29 September 2011 at 7:49 PM

A couple users tried it a few times and they all said that trying to take the name doesn't work.

But that would be pretty interesting, having creatures say "Stolen by the Adoption Center"...

Transmasculine
796 posts

juliettbrown • 29 September 2011 at 7:55 PM

Hehe....

1,562 posts

shelby • 3 October 2011 at 5:44 AM

I don't think you can take the name of a creature that is in the Adoption Center, because the name will still be active and registered.

However when you search the name of a creature, it doesn't show up, I believe because it's currently not owned by anyone. I don't think it's a bug, just something that's never been changed.

If you feel it should be changed, you could ask Ian if he plans on changing it, and if he says no, I would say it would be okay to suggest it in the Suggestion Forum.

😃

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 4 October 2011 at 9:44 AM

Before the site came out of beta you were able to get many creatures of the same name just by clicking the cave as quick as you could. They would also come out as the same creature.
That was in '09.

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 4 October 2011 at 9:50 AM

@piucca
lol

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 5 October 2011 at 11:07 AM

@cqpkytty I had gotten loads of Foo with the same name 😋

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 5 October 2011 at 11:09 AM

@piucca
even more lol
What was their name?

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 5 October 2011 at 11:11 AM

@cqpkytty lol It has been so long I don't recall. I also gave them all away but one...

I think my rat is doing the pee pee dance! brb