Finding Quest Items

in Help & Questions

Transmasculine
3 posts

bloominqcorvine • 23 February 2020 at 6:33 PM

I'm brand new to this game and I'm kind of confused on how to find quest items. Are they found in shops or something?

Female
1,718 posts

minnie298a • 23 February 2020 at 9:26 PM

@bloominqcorvine

https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/72918
That is a guide that has been created in regards to questing.

But, as far as I'm aware all items requested for quests can be found in shops. However, they may not be in stock at any given time, particularly when you need it.

The non-player shops can be found under the Shop tab in the header. I believe the Trinket Travel and Bean Shop are the two that don't sell requested items. These shops are randomly restocked, and the items sell for the same set amount every time they appear. Each shop services a quest, for example Manjul's Going Global quest items come from the Travel Agency.

The User shops are run by other players. You can do a search through these for specific items by using the search function which is on the banner in the User Shops section of the Shop drop down in the header. As these shops are run by other users, they can sell any item, at any price. So not everything is requested, and it could cost many times what the item is sold for in the npc shop.

You could also find items via trades and auctions, but these may are probably not the most effective way if your under a time pressure.