Show other person's username in inbox (not just Last Reply by: __)

in Site Feedback & Ideas

65 posts

cheetah • 28 March 2020 at 6:11 PM

This is something I've run into a couple times. I'd like it if our inbox displayed the other participant(s) in each conversation so it's as easy to see who each conversation was with as it is to see the title of the conversation and number of replies (I'd even argue this is a more important thing to display than the number of replies). It's annoying when I'm wondering if I've already messaged someone about a trade or something and I have to check multiple links, and it would be a lot nicer if I could just scroll down to look for their username. For conversations with multiple participants, a truncated list with a character limit (username1, username2, use...) would still provide enough information to more easily distinguish between conversations.

Right now, my inbox is full of messages where I'm the "Last Reply", and most of those replies are similar-looking variations of "thank you!" or "no problem!", so you can see my issue here, haha.

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 28 March 2020 at 6:36 PM

@cheetah i agree 100%! it would make things much easier ❤️ hope this gets added/changed

Deleted • 28 March 2020 at 6:53 PM

@cheetah

ᴛʜɪs. ɪ ᴛᴏᴛᴀʟʟʏ ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ: ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʟᴏᴛs ᴏғ ᴍᴀɪʟs ɪᴛ ɢᴇᴛs ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴏɴᴇ ɪs ᴡʜᴀᴛ, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ sʜᴏᴡs ᴏɴʟʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴘᴇʀsᴏɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ʀᴇᴘʟɪᴇᴅ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢs sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴇᴀsɪᴇʀ! ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛɪɴɢ. ❤️

Female
1,452 posts

minnie298a • 29 March 2020 at 2:15 AM

@cheetah

This is something I also wholeheartedly back.

I went to look at my inbox. I have 3 that just have "Hey" (plus a Hi and a Hello) in the title, and another 2 each labeled "Tine", "Sammied" and "Koalytpus". That's just the front page.

65 posts

cheetah • 11 April 2020 at 11:12 PM

@pwuffy
@sinthr
@minnie298a

Thanks for your additions. ^^

Just posting here again to say that since I've downloaded a Chrome extension that helps me open multiple links at once to help with feeding coves, looking through my mail to find a convo with a specific user is slightly easier... but still a huge pain. In my opinion, the sender (or sendee, if a site has mail divided into inbox/outbox) is one of the most important pieces of information for an inbox to display for each item, along with the subject line (if applicable) and time. Quite frustrating when I'm messaging a lot of different people about similar things.
The subjects on the second page of my inbox, for example, are literally:

Names? .3.
Names
Names UFT?
Names
Bessy
Names + Resurrectables
Remaining Creatures
names
Goblar
Bushys
Name trading? .3.
EC/CC for creatures
Dead critters + buying
Names & trades & stuff
Goblar
Greatures & Prices
Offer on Florn
specouro
CC Price Questions / Name trading
Creature Trading

...yeah. I think I subconsciously try to switch up my punctuation and phrasing a bit to help distinguish between conversations. o_o Alas, it is not that effective. Of those 20 conversations, I was the one who sent the last reply in 14 of them.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 18 September 2020 at 9:49 PM

I know this topic has been dead for several months but I'd just like to throw in that I agree. I was having the same thought. I've only been back for a few days and I'm having trouble remembering which pm was whose.

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 18 September 2020 at 10:22 PM

YES PLEASE. This is a no brainer lol

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 19 September 2020 at 9:45 AM

@cheetah yes! this should be done

Non-binary
1,033 posts

distorted • 19 September 2020 at 1:04 PM

@cheetah I totally agree! I have so many mail thats labeled "I would like to trade!" And I dont know which one is which!

19 mails called "I would like to trade!" to be exact.