Click exchange

in Help & Questions

Female
116 posts

nap • 17 April 2020 at 1:17 PM

Hi there, so I was wondering why am I not reciving clicks back in click exchange. I have over 2000 credits so I don’t see the problem...?
Back in the days I would immediately recive clicks, so I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong?
Thank you in advance for answer! 😊

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 17 April 2020 at 1:38 PM

@nap from my understanding (someone is free to correct me if i'm wrong!), some changes were made to the click exchange some years ago that made it less effective. during events sometimes it is used often (in february for the valentines event, it was quite active) but other than that, i'm in the same boat as you ☹️ i believe a thread was made suggesting to change it back to how it used to be, but i don't believe anything has come of that (yet)

i find that a far more effective way to get clicks is through yarold's 😊 there are a lot of egg cave users on there too, and i believe some yarold's users have made their own click exchange dedicated to egg cave? i don't know too much about it but you can check it out here: https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/71796

Female
116 posts

nap • 17 April 2020 at 2:19 PM

@pwuffy
Thank you so much for answering! 😊
I don't see the point of click exchange if you are not receiving clicks tho. Hopefully they will change that.
Also thank you for suggesting alternatives 😃

Female
1,718 posts

minnie298a • 17 April 2020 at 8:46 PM

@nap

Part of changes included giving free credits to people who didn't have any. So for up to 2 months of inactivity (account abandonment), someones creatures still show. It was aimed to try to keep the creatures alive for when the person returned, but resulted in lots of creatures that effectively don't do "click backs". There are also a lot of people who have stated that "if I'm not getting the clicks, I'm not going, but will leave my creatures there". Which means lots of people don't click, but are annoyed that they aren't getting anything, because no one clicks. From memory the changes were also implemented as people weren't using the XC properly. Several players where openly bragging about hoarding credits (feeding fro teh exchange, but having one or no creatures in it them selves. Why? Well I never found the reason for it), and others were complaining that all the credits they earned were being used in minutes (because other people where using the exchange).

Personally, I normally use the XC as my primary source of feeding. I click/feed a minimum of 100 creatures a day. During events and double feed day it's more like over 3 or 4000. As of writing this, I have around 200K in credits. 10 have been used up in the last 18 or so hours, and I know that as I like round numbers. It's slightly disheartening seeing how little others utilize it properly. And yes, during the Valentines event, it was working great. I noticed a spike in my credits going down the first 2 days of the Easter event as well.

Female
2 posts

paws00001 • 26 April 2020 at 1:11 PM

I have 164 XC right now and not one has been used today ☹️ I just came back today after years so is that why???

Male
682 posts

decay • 26 April 2020 at 3:28 PM

@nap

The click exchange was changed as a reaction to it having some problems. First, some users would get a lot of points and have their creature fed to extreme amounts ( at least what I remember) meanwhile, others were not able to catch up. Also, the click exchange would become empty and not have creatures to click after a while and when people got less active.
Eventually, the Eggcave team tried to find a solution and implemented a rule in which every user gets 10 XC so that there would be more creatures to click and it worked for a about 2 weeks then, everyone slowed down their clicks as they hoarded points. Then, no one used the exchange since we had accumulated like 200-2000 XC and that's when the click exchange halted. There was a small movement of like 20 users to get it running again but there were too many creatures put in it and it would require a lot of people to click regularly without any reward for themselves. Recently though during the 2020 valentine event the click exchange was running efficiently again because people were clicking because everyone was trying to get a tine.

Also we’ve been trying to get the Eggcave team to try to fix the click exchange since it’s been ineffective for like 3 years but nothing...
hope something is done about it soon though!

Honestly, would be great if it went back to before it had it’s problems but it did it’s job and immortalized stuff super quick

Deleted • 26 April 2020 at 3:42 PM

@nap

ɪ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴀᴅᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ sᴀɪᴅ sᴏ ғᴀʀ (ᴀʟsᴏ, ɪ ᴡᴀs ᴏɴ ʜɪᴀᴛᴜs ᴡʜɪʟᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ ᴇxᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴡᴇɴᴛ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ, sᴏ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ). ᴀɴʏᴡᴀʏs, ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʀᴇᴀᴛᴜʀᴇs ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ғᴇᴇᴅ ᴏʀ ᴛᴏ ғᴇᴇᴅ ᴘᴇᴄᴇғᴜʟʟʏ, ɪ sᴜɢɢᴇsᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴄʀ, ᴀ ᴠᴀʟɪᴅ ғᴀɴ-ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ ᴇxᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ... ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘs! 😊